Pages:
Author

Topic: What if there is no bubble coming.. - page 2. (Read 4849 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.
June 21, 2014, 08:49:54 PM
Do I have to post this again?

The bubbles just keep getting bigger, at least until adoption goes vertical.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
June 21, 2014, 08:54:50 AM
I agree there is no bubble and we'll see price stabilization for some time, but I think it will be weeks, not months. Th market is not a consolidated one, and there are good and bad latent news that may spike or rise the price at least for a while. I think after the FBI sell off we'll see consolidation at the 650's, maybe with temporary up-700 rises.

there is no hope and the price will drop harder, $500 is coming and $4xx and $3xx won't be long, the bitcoin bubble bursted, huge dump will happen soon!

they look similar? Fear + Capitulation + Despair are coming!!!

Its more like we are in back to the mean stage, but with an exponential mean, instead of a linear mean
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
June 21, 2014, 05:19:00 AM
If it's gonna take another year or two that's good enough for me. I've been getting impatient for pay days, so I can buy another coin before all this mad speculation that it's going to soar.

If the price stays stable for a year it means I can buy steadily once a month and slowly accumulate coins at a price I can afford and relax without the dreaded feeling that I'm gonna miss out.

Activity: 546
Merit: 501
June 21, 2014, 03:33:52 AM
I'm supriced people still responds to such threads. But to make it constructive a dedication for falling and other such types https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLDYHRWXzDQ
Activity: 784
Merit: 1001
June 20, 2014, 09:58:01 PM
there is no hope and the price will drop harder, $500 is coming and $4xx and $3xx won't be long, the bitcoin bubble bursted, huge dump will happen soon!

That looks familiar ......

well played sir

Thank you thank you  Grin  Cool
Activity: 336
June 20, 2014, 07:32:54 PM

well played sir
Activity: 784
Merit: 1001
June 20, 2014, 05:49:54 PM

Activity: 518
June 20, 2014, 04:47:43 PM
With a 7 billion market cap..

It has to bubble or collapse..  There just is no middle ground.

Kevin O'leary alone could buy the entire BTC supply... (not really as the price would utterly skyrocket as he did..and it will when ppl like him get srs on BTC)

I had a question about this. If some one started buying in large amounts, wouldn't it just keep going up meaning they couldnt just buy it all up?

And I know everyone keeps saying 7-8 bn isnt that much. Sounds like a lot to me. USD is 18 tn but that is used by many countries.
so when you guys says 7 bn isnt that much, you mean as a currency correct?

apple is like 555 bn etc
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
June 20, 2014, 04:23:09 PM
With a 7 billion market cap..

It has to bubble or collapse..  There just is no middle ground.

Kevin O'leary alone could buy the entire BTC supply... (not really as the price would utterly skyrocket as he did..and it will when ppl like him get srs on BTC)
Activity: 518
June 20, 2014, 03:57:00 PM
And we will be floating around 500-600 for more then 4 months?

It would be a very boring 4 months, but at the same time many of us would be making profits here anyway in one way or another.

My prediction: I think, many people around the world have not understand the power of bitcoin yet and are mostly clueless about it. Once the mainstream is reached, there would be a massive uprise in market price. Adoption generally does not happen at once, but is a process which goes over time.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
June 20, 2014, 03:56:12 PM
there is no hope and the price will drop harder, $500 is coming and $4xx and $3xx won't be long, the bitcoin bubble bursted, ...

How come nonsense is always written in red or all caps?
Activity: 658
Buy and sell bitcoins,
June 20, 2014, 03:49:47 PM
Could be no bubble coming. Could be that we'll fall to the $200s, $300s. Wouldn't surprise me. Either way, there's still so much money to be made in bitcoin. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 888
Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.
June 20, 2014, 03:48:42 PM

No, we have returned to mean.
Activity: 462
June 20, 2014, 12:14:48 PM
What if there is no bubble coming..

No problem, we will wait for another one.

I suspect there is a lot of novice investors that were promised (or they told this themself) to make soo much money so fast with Bitcoin. And they are getting a bit impatient.

if we dont have bubble in next two months then we will have it on december and so on.
Activity: 490
June 20, 2014, 12:13:44 PM
"bubbles" aren't supposed to be predictable. The moment this "bubble watch" started and became ritualistic was a red flag.

completely true. The more people are standing around with their popcorn waiting for some jump to 5k like it is a natural geyser, the more likely it will never happen.

2014 is gonna be a stinker.

Yep, right when everybody will be standing around waiting for 2014 to be a stinker jerking around $500, it will blow up tenfold Wink

Just posted something similar in another thread by the same OP. Glad a veteran agrees Smiley
Besides that, what's the problem with a boring 2014? It will only mean a greater explosion afterwards.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
June 20, 2014, 09:32:37 AM
What if there is no bubble coming..

No problem, we will wait for another one.

I suspect there is a lot of novice investors that were promised (or they told this themself) to make soo much money so fast with Bitcoin. And they are getting a bit impatient.
Activity: 699
Your Minion
June 20, 2014, 09:23:24 AM
2 months from now it starts, 3 till peak.
Activity: 193
Merit: 117
HODL
June 20, 2014, 09:13:14 AM
 Huh no bubble  Cry

For long term bullish prospects, bubbles don't seem to be a requirement for the price to continue to increase.  If we stray too far from the exponential growth, it will attract fewer people investing only for potential 10x gains in the short term.  The biggest loss would be not getting the media coverage to fuel the next adoption increase, but it's not like media coverage is going away at this point anyway.
legendary
Activity: 854
June 20, 2014, 09:12:12 AM

your chart clearly shows we are at return to mean. do you not even look at the charts you post?

Exactly! And a very nice mean at that!
Activity: 232
Merit: 29
June 20, 2014, 08:58:54 AM
"bubbles" aren't supposed to be predictable. The moment this "bubble watch" started and became ritualistic was a red flag.

completely true. The more people are standing around with their popcorn waiting for some jump to 5k like it is a natural geyser, the more likely it will never happen.

2014 is gonna be a stinker.

Yep, right when everybody will be standing around waiting for 2014 to be a stinker jerking around $500, it will blow up tenfold Wink

If the price goes nowhere at all to the end of the year, I see some big advantages to that.  Especially if a takeoff occurs in January - when no one expects it.

Those of us subject to the IRS tax code who invested a sizable chunk a few bubbles ago and held, can actually enjoy a normal tax bracket in 2014, and not deal with an obscenely high tax bracket until early in 2015, and have the whole year to tax plan - cutting back on earned income, not bother trying to claim charitible giving since btc will put us above the phase-out point, etc, etc.  Maybe even move out of state to a no-income tax jurisdiction and save on at least part of the year, although that may be difficult to pull off so quickly.

The trick is to know when to start selling off percentages - and when to buy back at low points.  I'll be following one of those best-fit semi-log straight-line multi-year trendlines for all my future buys and sells.  Chop down the high points and fill in the low points helps level out the long-term volatility.  Might take 8 months or multiple years between peaks, no one knows.
Pages:
Jump to: