Pages:
Author

Topic: What if Theymos added new Rank after Legendary? - page 3. (Read 1326 times)

legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086
Free Bitcoins Every Hour!
I'm surprised to see this topic today. I just ask to myself, is this a gift for a new year celebration from BTT forum? But I hope no.  Cheesy  
Anyway, I agree with hugeblack. Why we need another rank? It seems no problem with the rank system so far. Having more rank isn't likely to bring something valuable to forum. I think it is better to focus on how to improve the number of active members and their quality.

What are the benefits of adding more ranks?
I doubt no significant benefits.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Well I guess I would be for it since I would get a bump in rank.

maybe

“satoshi master”

in honor of star-wars

how many legendary’s do we have 100 💯 plus for sure.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 838
Legendary I with 1000 merit, 775-1030 activity and 1030 post
Legendary II with 2000 merit, 1550-2060 activity and 2060 post
Legendary III with 3000 merit, 2325-3090 activity and 3090 post

Don't offend but I don't like them. They look like membership of Ponzi scheme.

Chop Legend or Chopper, why not?
Those users who satisfy requirements for the new rank, above Legendary member rank, is somewhat outstanding, somewhat above-all.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1150
~snip
What is this "aktivity" and where can I get some?
LOL, Sorry I used the wrong word. And that must be activity and not aktivity. I have edited it again.  Cheesy
I hope it will not be a serious offense for me, and thank you Lauda for quote my writing mistakes.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
I think it's not necessary anymore as everyone can be a contributor in the forum, regardless of the rank.
Non sequitur.

-It should probably require at least 2000 Activity and 2000 Merit. BPIP is down, so I can't easily find all users who would qualify, but I expect it to be only a handful.
Here is the list of users who have more than 2000 merit and 2000 activity.
1. Theymos
2. gmaxwell
3. qwk
4. Vod
5. SaltySpitoon
6. Carlton Banks
7. philipma1957
8. Lauda
9. xhomerx10
11. gentlemand
12. suchmoon
13. JayJuanGee
14. yahoo62278
Loyce you're asking for trouble with this one. Good summary hosseinimr93.

775-1030 aktivity
1550-2060 aktivity
2325-3090 aktivity

What is this "aktivity" and where can I get some?
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
I think it's not necessary anymore as everyone can be a contributor in the forum, regardless of the rank.
In this forum, there are people who ask and their are people who contribute through their answer, and that's just what we really need.

TBH IMO, some members are just ranking up for them to participate in a signature and to get a good rate, after they rank up, that's it, they stop contributing because they got their ultimate goal already. We just want to see members sharing like a free community that rank does not create a big difference to everyone. my 2 cents.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
I’ve been stuck here for over 10 minutes, glued to the screen, trying to make my mind up on this one. I’m not really much in favour of another rank level (I personally liked Sr. Member, but those name above seem a notch pompous for my taste) , but I certainly do see that it fits, and gives a certain additional lateral objective to many here to ponder.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
-It should probably require at least 2000 Activity and 2000 Merit. BPIP is down, so I can't easily find all users who would qualify, but I expect it to be only a handful.

Here is the list of users who have more than 2000 merit and 2000 activity.

1. Theymos
2. gmaxwell
3. qwk
4. Vod
5. SaltySpitoon
6. Carlton Banks
7. philipma1957
8. Lauda
9. xhomerx10
11. gentlemand
12. suchmoon
13. JayJuanGee
14. yahoo62278
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1150
So far, in my opinion the forum does not require a new ranking after Legendary. Maybe the award will be more suitable for those who have reached the Legendary rank. The badge might also be quite good as a form of appreciation given by the forum for the Legendary profile which managed to get a minimum of 1000 merit with customized activities and posts.
Excample:
Legendary I with 1000 merit, 775-1030 activity and 1030 post
Legendary II with 2000 merit, 1550-2060 activity and 2060 post
Legendary III with 3000 merit, 2325-3090 activity and 3090 post

This is only a suggestion, but it is very annoying when I want to reach the badge 3rd Legendary with 3000 merit.  Cheesy
Activity: 554
Merit: 271
This is good idea. I have any good recommended for the name of next rank after Legendary

KING : like a Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley who is the King of Pop and King of Rock

MASTER : have Member and Sr Member, why we don't have Master.

STAR Legendary : i think this rank only for the 10 Top Legendary with the highes merit.

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I can't find my post on this subject, so I'll just repeat what I (think I) said before:
-I vote for the name Legend. It's simple, and makes Legendary look a bit like "Legend-ish", while Legend sounds like "the real thing".
-I don't expect a new rank to be added as long as only theymos himself and a handful of other users qualify.

If I were to say this proposal, maybe not a ranking that should be added.
But "AWARDS" may be suitable for members above the Legendary rank, Merits that exceed specified.
Example:

See:
Adding UI elements is very "expensive" in the sense that it's something to which every member constantly has to devote some brainspace. So I can't see adding any kind of split merit score or other UI element, since that'd be a permanent high cost as a result of a one-time thing in the past.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
I agree with the idea.
We have some users with more than 3000 merits.
Those members who have 1000 airdropped merits and have stuck in 1000 shouldn't have a same rank as those who have earned more than 3000 merits.
I also agree with YOSHIE's idea.
A kind of badge can be used for recognition of users who have more than 2000 merits.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1727
Be A Hope
Epic Member

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
"AWARDS"

i like this idea a lot more than adding a new rank. in my opinion, the point of the ranking system is to give more privileges to older members and limit things for newer and throw away accounts. since there aren't any more privileges remaining to give, there is not much point in adding a new rank apart from aesthetics. and for that, having some awards like "most merited in x days", "have m topics receiving top merits",...
Activity: 2128
Merit: 532
FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10
Yeah,let's create a new forum rank and call it "Bitcointalk GOD". Grin

Satoshi would like to have a word with you.

Oh wait...
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1775
I think the position of legendary, plump at the end, may not need a rank above legendari again, this is the same as the general position when in military office.

If I were to say this proposal, maybe not a ranking that should be added.
But "AWARDS" may be suitable for members above the Legendary rank, Merits that exceed specified.
Example:

Of course, the picture above should not be controlled, it's up to the Admin to determine the award image, this is just my opinion.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
Yeah,let's create a new forum rank and call it "Bitcointalk GOD". Grin
Activity: 2254
Merit: 960
100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!
I like the name mythical for a new rank
Activity: 2072
Merit: 656
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
-snip-
Those in signature campaigns perhaps. A new/higher rank could alter the payment rates in all or most campaigns. Legendary members who received little/zero merit/s might complain to the changes because they will find it hard to rank up and will no longer enjoy the highest rates/stakes.
Yes, it is one of the examples. Bounty managers may consider a small change in the payment rates. Mythical replaces Legendary for the highest rates. In addition, the payment gap between mythical and legendary rank may be quite big. So, legendary feel a bit uncomfortable because they get a smaller allocation then (I guess). 

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
If we add Mythical, I am worried that it will cause noise and jealousy. Finally, it will lead to another drama among high-rank members.
From what I can tell most high ranking members enjoy seeing others achieve these feats. I can't think of anyone [who doesn't already] who would cause drama or be jealous of others achieving this.
Those in signature campaigns perhaps. A new/higher rank could alter the payment rates in all or most campaigns. Legendary members who received little/zero merit/s might complain to the changes because they will find it hard to rank up and will no longer enjoy the highest rates/stakes.
Pages:
Jump to: