Pages:
Author

Topic: What industries actually NEED blockchain technology? - page 2. (Read 698 times)

Activity: 215
Merit: 10
In addition, there are other benefits of blockchain in the industry is recording transactions through the blockchain almost eliminates human errors and protects data from possible interference. Accuracy is guaranteed from your records, as the process will also leave traceable audit trails.
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
Blockchains really ensure the validity and transparency, so the first thing that pops into my mind is elections. Maybe somehow using blockchain people and countries really could have honest elections without governments and people with high authority messing them up. Just a thought.

But there are many other areas that blockchain could help.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
I think any organisation in any sphere where large amounts of data are stored, transferred and analysed constantly definitely needs blockchain. It has much more possible applications than everybody is thinking now.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
in all industries, I think it is necessary to use blockchain technology in the future
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1334
I'm eager to hear thoughts from the community regarding this- which industries actually benefit from blockchain technology? More importantly, why?

I can think of a few off the top of my head: Charitable organizations, voting, and the gambling industry.

Why? Well, with regards to charitable organizations, I would personally love to see where my dollar(s) go with respect to the donation. So far as good faith goes, I (we) truly don't know where our money goes after donating. How much of that is paid to employees, executives, company, and how much of it reaches its intended location? Here are some large-scale examples from charity fraud/scandals in 2016. There needs to be higher levels of transparency and trust within these organizations, and utilizing the blockchain could be enormously beneficial.

I do believe that this same logic applies to voting- although staff and employees should of course, be trained, there must be large amounts of clerical error, worldwide, when counting the votes. Additionally, how much of a traditional voting system is susceptible to fraud?

Lastly, an interesting and perhaps even controversial one could be the gambling industry. There are massive amounts of trust issues when it comes to gambling- the fairness of the outcomes, the trust required from the player, the accuracy of random number generation, the centralization, etc. I think that with the trustless nature of blockchain and smart contracts, a lot of this could be solved- creating a safer space for players.

Note, I haven't named any particular company because the nature of my inquiry is regarding the industries in which blockchain could actually be useful. If you find a company that is tackling these sorts of things, without taking the word blockchain and using it as a marketing initiative, I'd love to hear about it.

Food industry.
Agriculture industry.
Fabrication production industry.
Paying system.
Mobile phone and internet industry.
All government agencies.

These sectors definitely need blockchain. There are billions of data that must be under constant recording. To achieve this, the blockchain must be.
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
The blockchain technology can be used in any industry where it is necessary to store and use large databases of various information online with a high degree of security. This is primarily trade, finance and absolutely any other types of human activity.
This technology is highly appreciated by all states, even those that restrict or prohibit the use of cryptocurrency. One of the leaders in implementing blockchain technology is China.
Activity: 826
Merit: 518
It can be implemented in the places where we want to store our information with high security and also for easy accessing.Even any governments sectors can have this technology to maintain any ledger or for recording the tax and transaction information and much more.
Activity: 798
Merit: 38
Any industry that deals with finances as well as useful and crucial data needs it most. This can spread through different forms of industries, inasmuch as finances and data are involved.
copper member
Activity: 74
Merit: 2
Every hit. Every miss. Every moment. Everybet.io
Logistics.

I would love to see for one hamburger all the path of the meat, from the cow to the slaughterhouse, where was stored, processed, how long was it transported and where from, basically all the bath from it's start until getting onto my table. And same for all the ingredients.

It would be a world more fair about what their are selling to us.

I like this a lot. This is an excellent example, and I really want to see this sort of thing implemented for logistics. If I recall correctly, there's a clothing company or two already attempting this- I believe that this is a trend that will catch on, and one that will become in demand.

It will allow both government and consumer the power to keep companies accountable for their sustainability practices in business.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
I'm eager to hear thoughts from the community regarding this- which industries actually benefit from blockchain technology? More importantly, why?

I can think of a few off the top of my head: Charitable organizations, voting, and the gambling industry.

Why? Well, with regards to charitable organizations, I would personally love to see where my dollar(s) go with respect to the donation. So far as good faith goes, I (we) truly don't know where our money goes after donating. How much of that is paid to employees, executives, company, and how much of it reaches its intended location? Here are some large-scale examples from charity fraud/scandals in 2016. There needs to be higher levels of transparency and trust within these organizations, and utilizing the blockchain could be enormously beneficial.

I do believe that this same logic applies to voting- although staff and employees should of course, be trained, there must be large amounts of clerical error, worldwide, when counting the votes. Additionally, how much of a traditional voting system is susceptible to fraud?

Lastly, an interesting and perhaps even controversial one could be the gambling industry. There are massive amounts of trust issues when it comes to gambling- the fairness of the outcomes, the trust required from the player, the accuracy of random number generation, the centralization, etc. I think that with the trustless nature of blockchain and smart contracts, a lot of this could be solved- creating a safer space for players.

Note, I haven't named any particular company because the nature of my inquiry is regarding the industries in which blockchain could actually be useful. If you find a company that is tackling these sorts of things, without taking the word blockchain and using it as a marketing initiative, I'd love to hear about it.

Well gambling like online bitting were really need blockchain technology to have records of every transaction and also it need faster processing , another one I think it's also need to use blockchain technology  is online credit like credit cards or debit cards which need to have ledger of all transaction made .
Activity: 662
www.cd3d.app
who need blockchain technology in my opinion is an industry in the financial sector. because the existence of blockchain technology can be more transparent and safer. and perhaps the gambling industry, using the blockchain industry can be more profitable.

but apart from all that, in my opinion all industries in this world can be integrated with blockchain technology
Activity: 363
Blockchain technology is very good in technology, I think all can use blockchain technology to be more modern. may be able to provide benefits for convenience, security, comfort, transparency and more
Blockchain technology is really helpfull especially for digital industry like gaming industry, we can utilize blockchain for gaming platform ecosystem

Not only are blockchain games created, we also get rewards if we win, and above all blockchain is worth our trust, usability and circulation for each other. In my opinion, blockchain has been used in many industries, factories to secure them Cool.
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
I think the logistics industry has the potential to apply blockchain successfully. Currently, the logistics industry is leading the world in many intermediate stages can be eliminated if the blockchain that will save it a lot of money.
Activity: 390
Merit: 100
Blockchain technology is very good in technology, I think all can use blockchain technology to be more modern. may be able to provide benefits for convenience, security, comfort, transparency and more
Blockchain technology is really helpfull especially for digital industry like gaming industry, we can utilize blockchain for gaming platform ecosystem
Activity: 1050
Merit: 102
Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.
Activity: 140
I think that blockchain technology is suitable for a large number of projects and industry, but I think that blockchain is more suitable for crypto-currency than for production. I read that Vitalik Buterin spoke precisely so and I with him agree.
Activity: 790
Merit: 261
I think there is no specific plan for which industry blockchain will be used for, if the government involves and implement this project I am sure the country will slowly change its standard. Crypto will be used for lot business development as we are already doing transactions via banks.
Activity: 504
In my opinion, the blockchain is required in the banking sector. If you reach a higher level, the blockchain technology is simply invaluable when holding elections to state bodies. Sectors such as logistics, Law and medicine also need transparency.
Activity: 882
Volare.network
the most suitable industry in my opinion is the industry in finance and banking. because with blockchain technology their services can be much safer, faster and more transparent.
Activity: 1008
All branches on the blockchain are important. Because, thanks to the blockchain, people's lives are becoming much simpler and more convenient.
Pages:
Jump to: