Pages:
Author

Topic: What is a Bitcoin node ? and how to setup one - page 2. (Read 2666 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Grow SMALL amount of BTC by earning it
February 14, 2015, 07:42:57 AM
Bitcoin Nodes relay data across the blockchain.
people need it of course to transact, but don't worry there are already a lot of nodes, but it would be great if you became one.

to become a Bitcoin Node, start up the Bitcoin Core and open the ports needed.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418
Crypto Swap Exchange
February 14, 2015, 07:42:03 AM

Basically What is a Bitcoin node exactly and whta do I need to setup one ? Possible to run it on my PC or not ? (Yes even if I don't shutdown my PC) but should I open ports etc ... ?
Anyway please give me the needed informations and what should I know about Bitcoin notes . thanks
Bitcoin node is basically a Bitcoin core setup that allows the relaying of transactions and allow clients to connect to you to download blocks. This strengthens the Bitcoin infrastructure and enables people running Bitcoin client near you to download blocks faster. It is possible to run on any PC that has a ram of at least 1GB ,at least 40GB of disk space and internet connection. To allow clients to connect to you, open port TCP 8333. The network needs stable nodes with high uptime and speed rather than computers that shuts down often as other clients would have to find another node when you shut it down.
Activity: 353
Merit: 250
Zichain
February 14, 2015, 06:47:23 AM

Basically What is a Bitcoin node exactly and whta do I need to setup one ? Possible to run it on my PC or not ? (Yes even if I don't shutdown my PC) but should I open ports etc ... ?
Anyway please give me the needed informations and what should I know about Bitcoin notes . thanks
Pages:
Jump to: