Pages:
Author

Topic: What is a good setup with an investment of $5000 - cheap electricity- - page 2. (Read 2313 times)

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
With 5k and cheap electricity better you buy 2 s7 and the rest you buy s3. Tongue

With 2 s7 you can get 1.85969600BTC/month and get Roi in 8 months if bitcoin in today rate. Tongue

Thanks man. but im still trying to figure out if i got the math right on Cost per KWH.

My usage is 1432 and my bill was 127.88

so  127.88/1432=.0893   so thats my KWH right?

and if so is that still decent to make a reasonable profit monthly?

yeah 0.09 per kwh would be a reasonable rate, not really low, but average.  Dont forget you can sell your miners after a while, so factor that in your ROI.
Activity: 698
Merit: 500
Free Speech is the most important thing.
S5 ROI's are better considering S7 prices in dollar terms but let's not forget we have a block halving process 8 months later. Miner companies either decrease their prices or wouldn't find any buyers for these equipments that can't even make ROI. I think investing in Bitcoin itself is more profitable right now (in 8 month plan).
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
With 5k and cheap electricity better you buy 2 s7 and the rest you buy s3. Tongue

With 2 s7 you can get 1.85969600BTC/month and get Roi in 8 months if bitcoin in today rate. Tongue

Thanks man. but im still trying to figure out if i got the math right on Cost per KWH.

My usage is 1432 and my bill was 127.88

so  127.88/1432=.0893   so thats my KWH right?

and if so is that still decent to make a reasonable profit monthly?
i think i figured it out. And its not as cheap as i thought. It is .0943   Does that seem right?
i can tell you i had 31 days on cycle
1243 usage
AVG 40 per day
cost per day is 4.19
I am not new to Bitcoin. I have a healthy knowledge of Bitcoin as a whole. I even dabbled in altcoin mining with some GPU's. So i have a general conception on Bitcoin mining. But i get many different points of views as to mining on a small scale. So I just wanted to post the question of my situation and see if maybe your reply's will have some consistent answers. Reading the forums for a few years now i see that some smart and experienced people could have some guidance to point me in the right direction.

I currently live where my power is around $4.30 to $4.80. I have an investment capital of around $5000 that was a no interest loan from my folks that i will be making very small monthly payments on. So ROI is tricky to factor in. And to be honest I'm looking at it as free money as the payments are so small and hell there my folks. They might one day say nothing more is owed. So ROI is not an issue.

What i am asking for is opinions on what is the best coarse of action to get me up and running with a solid operation and maybe getting ahead of the curve a little as far as hardware. Not wanting to leap forward to fall back with equipment that will become obsolete as soon as i plug it in. Or if going many but smaller less powerful is the way to go.

My goal is to keep expanding as when i am operational i can keep up with the movement of technology. Its just making the right decisions at the beginning is imperative to my success. Any thought would be welcome and thank you in advance for your time.

Per kW per month? Then tons of S3 could be the best but a lot of management. S5's are a great middle ground. If its per day, then nope. Typically we do per kWh math so maybe you can specify the rate.

What is the formula. my bill just shows me usage per day. cost per day. usage per 30 days. cost per 30 days.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
I am not new to Bitcoin. I have a healthy knowledge of Bitcoin as a whole. I even dabbled in altcoin mining with some GPU's. So i have a general conception on Bitcoin mining. But i get many different points of views as to mining on a small scale. So I just wanted to post the question of my situation and see if maybe your reply's will have some consistent answers. Reading the forums for a few years now i see that some smart and experienced people could have some guidance to point me in the right direction.

I currently live where my power is around $4.30 to $4.80. I have an investment capital of around $5000 that was a no interest loan from my folks that i will be making very small monthly payments on. So ROI is tricky to factor in. And to be honest I'm looking at it as free money as the payments are so small and hell there my folks. They might one day say nothing more is owed. So ROI is not an issue.

What i am asking for is opinions on what is the best coarse of action to get me up and running with a solid operation and maybe getting ahead of the curve a little as far as hardware. Not wanting to leap forward to fall back with equipment that will become obsolete as soon as i plug it in. Or if going many but smaller less powerful is the way to go.

My goal is to keep expanding as when i am operational i can keep up with the movement of technology. Its just making the right decisions at the beginning is imperative to my success. Any thought would be welcome and thank you in advance for your time.

Per kW per month? Then tons of S3 could be the best but a lot of management. S5's are a great middle ground. If its per day, then nope. Typically we do per kWh math so maybe you can specify the rate.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
with 5k you can buy almost 3 S7 or 50 s3 or 15 s5

aside from free electricity i would go with the s7, to maximize the roi time

there is also another version of s7 with 4 tera and 1k wattage, it has the same efficiency
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I currently live where my power is around $4.30 to $4.80.  

Before any advice is given you need to clarify the all important electricity price? Do you mean $0.043 to $0.048 /KWh or something else?

Rich

Pages:
Jump to: