Pages:
Author

Topic: What is a whale? - page 11. (Read 4513 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 250
September 25, 2017, 11:50:50 AM
What is your definition of a whale? How many BTCs do you need to have to be a whale?
To my knowledge, a whale in the trading world is a very wealthy person who can manipulates prices of some kind of altcoin in the market by injecting large amounts of capital into low-priced coins. build hype and increase prices. Once the prices have increased significantly, whales selling their pennies on the trading floor with huge profits, hurt many investors believing in the process. This involves another method called pump and dump. And those who are not experienced or new trader are more likely to be trapped and suffer losses
Activity: 644
Merit: 102
September 25, 2017, 11:04:50 AM
 Just like the name implies a whale being the largest creature in the ocean so is the whale in bitcoin markets.They are  those with  big money  say hundreds of thousands of bitcoins .They are mostly institutions.

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
www.bitcoin.org
September 25, 2017, 10:57:44 AM
In terms of a BTC holding, I would say a whale is probably at a value of at least 250 btc which is about 1m usd. But a whale is very dependent on which market you are trading in, you could be a whale in some markets with less than 1 btc.
I would say 250 Bitcoins isn't a big whale in top coins but in some shitcoins they are definately considered as a whale. They not only knows when to buy but also to manipulate the market buy building fake walls. Simply buying in a large amount is necessarily not a whale we are talking about.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 301
September 25, 2017, 10:47:52 AM
What is your definition of a whale? How many BTCs do you need to have to be a whale?
My defination of whale is the person who have a huge amount of bitcoin or alt-coin.
The one who could affect the price if they want.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
September 25, 2017, 10:45:26 AM
A whale is a player or a trader who got a lot of money and they can buy a lot or bulk of the coins or even a major percentage of the supply of the coin and they are going into cheap coins because they got the power in that coin and they can manipulate the market and that is how they make a lot of bitcoins because of the power of being a whale.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 511
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 25, 2017, 10:40:31 AM
I don't really know exactly what's the real amount but i understand whales to be the big olders of BTC. Big in the sense of when they decided any move, Whether go out or go inside the market. They make a very big impact when it comes to the situation of the market. They are the one who dictates the paces whether the market will be going down or going up.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
September 25, 2017, 08:51:50 AM
In terms of a BTC holding, I would say a whale is probably at a value of at least 250 btc which is about 1m usd. But a whale is very dependent on which market you are trading in, you could be a whale in some markets with less than 1 btc.
Activity: 686
Merit: 277
September 25, 2017, 08:22:18 AM
In my personal of definition whale is the traders who can makes constant profit from trading activity, however the situation of the price for them price goes down or price goes up they always can makes money. I am not sure how much bitcoins be needed to be a whale, but the most important how many the constant profit from trading every day, week and month. That is big questions must be answered by traders than how much the amount of capital to be whale.
I don’t think so if someone is getting a constant profit weekly, monthly and even yearly that will be a whale. What I have studied about whale, it is a person or can be group of individuals who have so huge investments in market that they can make the market price shaking.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
September 16, 2017, 02:50:22 AM
whales in cryptocurrency is a person who has a lot of BTC and the other Altcoin. They always hunt for little fish to eat, and they can do the market turmoil to make a profit for themselves. I make a profit from the whales  Grin Grin

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
September 16, 2017, 01:55:42 AM
From articles of wikipedia about Ocean whale : " Whales are a widely distributed and diverse group of fully aquatic placental marine mammals. They are an informal grouping within the infraorder Cetacea, usually excluding dolphins and porpoises. Whales, dolphins and porpoises belong to the order Cetartiodactyla with even-toed ungulates and their closest living relatives are the hippopotamuses, having diverged about 40 million years ago."

Whales in crypto : "The term “whale” is frequently used to describe the big money Bitcoin players that show their hand in the Bitcoin market. The ocean as a metaphor for the market is apt, since one can then extend it to include the big fish and the small fish; sharks; rallies as feeding frenzies; waves as market moves; and so forth. It may be, however, that the term “whale” has been applied to the wrong class of investor because the players described below are truly the biggest creatures in the ocean."
Activity: 250
September 16, 2017, 01:20:31 AM
What is a whale?
It is something that I have to catch Smiley
Activity: 650
Merit: 103
September 16, 2017, 12:55:32 AM
A whale s those who has many capital to trade that it can control  the trading. They can pump and dump the prices. I do not know how much capital needed but a lot of bitcoin to influenced the prices.
Yeah you are correct. Whale is the person who have many bitcoins and have high capital. There are the influential one's that can change the price of the bitcoins and altcoins. Whales are the richest person in this cryptocurrency world.
Activity: 172
September 15, 2017, 11:53:36 PM
This one who is now very active in the market, due to the drop in the price of bitcoin. He buys, of course, not just one coin, having a lot of money, he can invest in a dozen coins, and he never fails, he knows how to minimize his risks.
Activity: 126
September 15, 2017, 11:47:21 PM
Whales in real meaning is a fish that swallow everything on the way it's swimming.
Whales in cryptos meaning is some group has power to control the price up or down . Then they will swallow all the people who is confusing about don't know sell or buy. HaHa
Activity: 854
Merit: 522
September 15, 2017, 10:50:05 PM
The whale are the traders who has large of money in exchangers, they can manipulate the price be going up and going down, but they also can makes money in trading, usually they are full time in trading they doesn't have any other jobs except trading only. I am not sure to be whale must have large of bitcoins due to if we don't have any skills related trading, how much amount of bitcoins will be lost, to be whale is not about how many bitcoins be needed but how many bitcoins can be made on trading.
Activity: 420
September 14, 2017, 07:22:52 AM
I think a whale is someone who has a huge financial capacity to buy a lump sum amount worth of for example bitcoins. I don't think they have specific amount of BTC but as long as the value of BTC they are holding can affect the trading then those people are considered to be whales. They control the pump and dump of coins.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 328
September 14, 2017, 06:58:00 AM
For me, Whale is a company or people that are really powerful. They are the ones that can influence the price of different coins and also they can change it. Those whale are owning of hundreds and thousands of BTC.
If you do have hundreds of thousand Bitcoin holdings for sure you would really consider that as a whale which would really affects price when they tend to dump those coins or even bought on big amounts.Whale is considered as a rich investor,company,cooperative which do have the funds to put on which do really affects prices when they decide to buy or sell a coin.
Activity: 491
Merit: 105
September 14, 2017, 06:49:38 AM
In a layman’s term, a whale is the biggest mammal on earth, and it is also an aquatic animal. But in the investment world, a whale is an heavy or should I say a loaded investor who holds a lot of stock and other commodities.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 358
September 12, 2017, 01:38:58 AM
For me, Whale is a company or people that are really powerful. They are the ones that can influence the price of different coins and also they can change it. Those whale are owning of hundreds and thousands of BTC.
Activity: 364
September 12, 2017, 01:25:50 AM
A whale is a person who owns a lot of capital, and is able to influence trade, whether to drop prices, or raise.
Pages:
Jump to: