Pages:
Author

Topic: What is a whale? - page 4. (Read 4512 times)

Activity: 169
Merit: 0
April 02, 2018, 04:37:18 AM
This does not depend on the chips in hand. Only the person or team that controls the market price is called a whale.
Activity: 329
Merit: 3
April 02, 2018, 04:27:21 AM
What is your definition of a whale? How many BTCs do you need to have to be a whale?
I can define the whale that you are talking about is the persons who have so much power to manipulate the price of cryptocurrencies. The whales are the reason why there are pumps and dumps that are happening in the cryptocurrency market.

Well, adding some information about whales would be considered as a big capitalist in cryptocurrency today investing money with million dollars into bitcoin and any of those potentail coins in alternate cryptocurrency which the result is becoming biggest correction issues in world trade digital market in which the price are so low.
Activity: 528
Merit: 100
April 02, 2018, 04:15:59 AM
What is your definition of a whale? How many BTCs do you need to have to be a whale?
I can define the whale that you are talking about is the persons who have so much power to manipulate the price of cryptocurrencies. The whales are the reason why there are pumps and dumps that are happening in the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 368
Merit: 104
April 02, 2018, 03:35:08 AM

I think it's a whale with a lot of coins. It's like a whale is huge, but whales can hurt some smaller investors because they have a strong price control, which is for smaller investors. Should always be vigilant!
Yes, whale is the title given to a person who is holding a large amount of any digital coin as he proves to be a very rich person and the digital market is somehow dependent on the moves of this whale community. They can really change the weather in the world of crypto coins. Whenever there is a big selling out or investment by these guys, the market fluctuates. It rises up whenever money is spend on coins and goes red otherwise.
Activity: 317
March 29, 2018, 07:21:35 PM

living beings are great and kind and help neighbors and whales not just help same-sex. if we become pope we will certainly have great strength and rich but have a good heart and likes to help others with btc that we have in accordance with my understanding.
Activity: 224
March 29, 2018, 06:34:07 PM
Whales are the market takers, they hold large amounts of BTC or they have huge capital resources. When they see a very high BTC price they will sell their BTC rushing to the market and when they sell the BTC, the BTC price will drop, after falling to the point that they may continue to buy large amount of BTC. This will push up prices. That's the whale's trick.
Activity: 26
Merit: 2
March 29, 2018, 06:33:26 PM
A whale is a big slippery mammal typically with a well-filled belly.
When whales use their big blow hole, surrounding animals get upset.
Smaller mammals also tend to get disturbed by the bow wave of whales that are playing too enthusiastically.
Smart birds ride the back of whales.
n

Nice definition about whales. Smiley. Thanks for reminding us. I guess its advantage to be a small smal at the back of the whales.
Activity: 252
March 29, 2018, 05:43:20 PM

in my opinion. whale is a trader who has a very large capital. he can control the price round of one of the coins. To be a whale you should at least have more than 200BTC
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097
Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh
March 29, 2018, 11:36:32 AM
Any amount that will be enough to manipulate the market is the required amount. And anyone who has that amount is a whale. Whales are actually good for the crypto markets as they bring volatility and this volatility is what attracts more than half the people currently in crypto.
but some time they make market partisipant being panic while they sold their asset.manipulating price and make some time they make bad rumors to get lower price and take advantaged from other.
They are those who hold bigger portion or share on a coin, tho I don't think whales can refer only to an individual that brings volatility,  there were times that that are groups who did hype on some coin, who are cooperating to dump or to pump some alts.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
March 29, 2018, 11:18:59 AM
Any amount that will be enough to manipulate the market is the required amount. And anyone who has that amount is a whale. Whales are actually good for the crypto markets as they bring volatility and this volatility is what attracts more than half the people currently in crypto.
but some time they make market partisipant being panic while they sold their asset.manipulating price and make some time they make bad rumors to get lower price and take advantaged from other.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
March 29, 2018, 11:12:57 AM
Whales are big names in the bitcoin industry and they can control the Bitcoin market. Or perhaps the whales may also be a group that can become many investors or traders who have huge capital to influence the market. Their investment is divided into major exchanges that affect prices.

it could be a big name but I am sure that there is any person that doesn't want to reveal his identity to the public but he has a big amount of bitcoin in his wallet. and for this, I think we can call him as a whale and he can buy all of the coins without having trouble. and not just in bitcoin, I think in another coin too because we know that sometimes there are many people which have a big amount of each coin in the market so we can call them as whales too.

It was given already to the smart guys who own big stacks of bitcoins or any other altcoins because their acct will be prone to hacking or attention to the bad guys who wants to have more money. Whales haven't stick to bitcoin only as we know money is much easy to earn in other alts so they are more aware with that.
It could be simply define as bulky sellers of bitcoin with such a very big amount that can affect or demolish altcoin markets as easy as bitcoin. Also, it affects circle of minor traders or smaller traders with a minimal number of trading system. They can sell as much as possible of their stake that of course can cause the price of cryptocurrency to dump by oversupplying. Besides, they own a lot of cryptocurrency so they are more powerful than others. It may be an individual or set of members that has the authority to deal with market using a huge crypto bounty. Therefore, whatever amount you have right now, treasure it don't just decide right away when you feel that the market is slowly in progress.
Activity: 387
Presale is live!
March 29, 2018, 10:34:15 AM
Activity: 38
March 29, 2018, 10:27:39 AM
Well whale is someone or some group of people who have the financial capacity to pump and dump the market and drive the markets sentiments in there best interest.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 504
March 29, 2018, 10:27:06 AM
I do not know how many BTCs we will become whales. But I understand whales are the people who hold many BTC they have the ability to manipulate the market when selling BTC out or buy into BTC. Thus BTC prices will fluctuate up or down as they want. These are whales that people often say.
No one can defind it accurately besides having a lot of bitcoins can be a win win situation for anyone or a group of whales. Whales can have many bitcoins as they want because of handling or controlling over the market no Technical analysis can define when they will going to make a sudden changes to flip the situation.
Activity: 308
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
March 29, 2018, 10:13:29 AM
I do not know how many BTCs we will become whales. But I understand whales are the people who hold many BTC they have the ability to manipulate the market when selling BTC out or buy into BTC. Thus BTC prices will fluctuate up or down as they want. These are whales that people often say.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 260
March 29, 2018, 08:03:50 AM
Whale is nothing but a person or a group who can influence the crypto-coin value significantly. They targets the coin and invest suddenly so that the price of the coin increase surprisingly. And by this surprising growth the normal traders thought that the coin is doing well or some time they just invest by seeing a coin in green, that eventually makes a coin value grow further. And when those guy called 'whale' feel it as enough he withdraw his total investment without any indication. which make the coin fall down again. That's way the manipulate the crypto-coin market.

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
March 29, 2018, 07:56:15 AM
It has so many BTC that it can decrease or increase the BTC price in the market. The amount of required BTC for a whale may change by the volume of the market and the exchange.
Activity: 728
Merit: 11
https://streamies.io/
March 29, 2018, 06:52:38 AM
Whale is a metaphorical image of the rich. They hold in their hands hundreds, thousands of bitcoins and they have control over the entire cryptocurrency market. The whales are very powerful and you have to update the information for hours to get a sense of the whale's next plan. That will help you identify the market in the next few hours.
Activity: 658
Merit: 10
March 29, 2018, 06:48:29 AM
Whales in the crypto market are like billionaires. They hold a lot of assets and they can control the market their way. They can make the market go down very quickly and can make the market recover. We are living on the whale's state and we should be careful with their moves. Keep up with the news and do not be slower than others.
Activity: 659
March 29, 2018, 06:42:23 AM
Whales are big names in the bitcoin industry and they can control the Bitcoin market. Or perhaps the whales may also be a group that can become many investors or traders who have huge capital to influence the market. Their investment is divided into major exchanges that affect prices.

it could be a big name but I am sure that there is any person that doesn't want to reveal his identity to the public but he has a big amount of bitcoin in his wallet. and for this, I think we can call him as a whale and he can buy all of the coins without having trouble. and not just in bitcoin, I think in another coin too because we know that sometimes there are many people which have a big amount of each coin in the market so we can call them as whales too.

It was given already to the smart guys who own big stacks of bitcoins or any other altcoins because their acct will be prone to hacking or attention to the bad guys who wants to have more money. Whales haven't stick to bitcoin only as we know money is much easy to earn in other alts so they are more aware with that.
Pages:
Jump to: