Pages:
Author

Topic: What is Bitcoin to you? Is it the same as it was when you got started? - page 2. (Read 297 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 10
Curious what Bitcoin is to everyone here!  We all have a personal subjective vision of what it should be, and I am curious where everyone sits.

I used to think Bitcoin was a digital platform for micro transactions and B2C spending.  Back in the day of Changetip and reddit micro tips... I always thought Bitcoin was the online currency that allowed me to send 10 cents, quick and for relatively no fee.

That has changed now, and Bitcoin is moving in another direction which is cool to see.  Its kind of moving away from what I originally thought it was, a tool of empowerment for small sending over large distances.   

I now see Bitcoin as a platform for development.  I think in the future we will be spending Bitcoin, but it will be a development on the Bitcoin blockchain. I think we will use it as a store of value, a tool for investment and a way to interact and sell things safely online, but also a means to store information in a transparent, accessible way.

I think Bitcoin is not even close to where it will be in 10 years, but I am curious what everyone elses vision is.  Clearly the Bitcoin miners have a different vision that a merchant processing tool, which is different than the big Bitcoin holders, etc.

What is your ideal Bitcoin?
My ideal bitcoin is fiat currency and business. I was actually interested when I heard about bitcoin, and I think that was the meaning of it. I also thought that bitcointalk is like advertising of shampoo, soap and other things that I saw on television. I know that I was fool when I start imagining this stuff yet now I realize how's my interpretation was far from reality. When I began to have such research, I found that it is too different from what I've expected. You know what? Our province is too far from city, that's why the trends and issues about economy is too slow to get. I was too luck when there is a person who shared this to me.
Activity: 770
Merit: 113
when I first read the news about bitcoin, I thought bitcoin was a fraud. however, after a while learning, failing, retrying, failing, and finally getting a profit. my view has changed. bitcoin is a good investment
Activity: 265
Merit: 102
No it's not same because when i'm newbie in bitcoin i only want to do is to play only but now i think i can rely to earn some here for my daily needs and i can also buy some things that i like,I think also the price is 5x now since i start and it's continue to grow.All we want in life is here like how to learn and how to earn,you need only to read to have knowledge to earn
Activity: 114
Merit: 11
Good call.  I see it as a platform for development.  I think we will use apps that use the Bitcoin blockchain for functionality in regards to spending and such.  Curious to see how others feel.
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
When I started I know bitcoin as some sort of investment i.e what I can just buy and allow it to yield profit by appreciating but now I have realized that bitcoin is more than that. It is what can bring positive change to world financially, academically, technologically and even socially.
Activity: 114
Merit: 11
Curious what Bitcoin is to everyone here!  We all have a personal subjective vision of what it should be, and I am curious where everyone sits.

I used to think Bitcoin was a digital platform for micro transactions and B2C spending.  Back in the day of Changetip and reddit micro tips... I always thought Bitcoin was the online currency that allowed me to send 10 cents, quick and for relatively no fee.

That has changed now, and Bitcoin is moving in another direction which is cool to see.  Its kind of moving away from what I originally thought it was, a tool of empowerment for small sending over large distances.   

I now see Bitcoin as a platform for development.  I think in the future we will be spending Bitcoin, but it will be a development on the Bitcoin blockchain. I think we will use it as a store of value, a tool for investment and a way to interact and sell things safely online, but also a means to store information in a transparent, accessible way.

I think Bitcoin is not even close to where it will be in 10 years, but I am curious what everyone elses vision is.  Clearly the Bitcoin miners have a different vision that a merchant processing tool, which is different than the big Bitcoin holders, etc.

What is your ideal Bitcoin?
Pages:
Jump to: