Pages:
Author

Topic: What is causin Bitcoin loosing value this time? - page 2. (Read 5151 times)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Bitcoin is is losing value because the value was inflated in the first place. Bitcoin pricing has been chaotic because unregulated, non-transparent exchanges control the price.

It's pretty transparent, check the blockchain.info.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
Bitcoin is is losing value because the value was inflated in the first place. Bitcoin pricing has been chaotic because unregulated, non-transparent exchanges control the price.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
I believe it is due to people misspelling "losing". Every time somebody misspells "lose" or "losing", somebody else gives up hope for humanity and dumps their bitcoins.
Haha, sometimes I think that it's some curse of bitcointalk.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Because at the current rate about 3600 bitcoins are created everyday and the market quite simply doesn't show enough demand to keep up with so many new bitcoins being created. I think it will keep struggling until the Halving.

It might struggle till halving, but that won't guarantee that the price will increase. However there is a high chance it will. hard to predict.
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Because at the current rate about 3600 bitcoins are created everyday and the market quite simply doesn't show enough demand to keep up with so many new bitcoins being created. I think it will keep struggling until the Halving.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
Not only bitcoin, all the other currency are falling against USD, since FED started to tightening. Actually if measured in JPY, bitcoin is not losing value.

This is a good test about bitcoin's bubble level, a bubble will always burst when FED start to tightening, while things with real demand will not be affected too much
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
People are waking up and realizing shit, if I have to pay stupid transaction fees like a credit card
why go through all the extra effort?
Might as well just buy a moneypak, it's accepted at more places.
There is no difference but you spend more to be able to spend bitcoin. (or any magic altcoin that is created out of nothing)

+1
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Ask yourself the opposite question.  Why should bitcoin have any value in the first place?

Most people who aren't bitcoiners think its worthless
legendary
Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000
People are waking up and realizing shit, if I have to pay stupid transaction fees like a credit card
There is no difference but you spend more to be able to spend bitcoin. (or any magic altcoin that is created out of nothing)

Yes. The argument bitcoin charges less than credit card on transaction fee is not entire accurate since no merchant want to hold coin over night.
Activity: 252
Its a new technology and there is always doubt on where it will be in the next 10 years. Why does the value of bitcoin matters? I thought the interesting part about bitcoin was the technology it offers and people wanting to use it can try it out whenever they want to, instead of holding large amounts of it. Also, I doubt it will become a mass adopted  curreny , as the fluctuations in prices will demotivate people from holding large amounts of it.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
Larger adoption is good for the long run. People still think (and will most likely in the foreseeable future) in € and $ and hence merchants exchange their obtained BTC into fiat. In this case, more BTC transactions mean a stronger downwards trend due to all the immediate market orders on the exchanges.
Activity: 210
Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io
What is causin Bitcoin loosing value this time?

Last time when i saw bitcoin 380 it was related to china rumor banning bitcoin or something.
any similar this time?

Maybe they urban it this time and Chinese have finally chance to sell their BTC stash. Smiley

BTC can work without any Goverment. So baning it solve nothing!
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023
Merchants, they are selling bitcoin immediately.

Yeah many merchants are selling immediately for fiat which is bad Sad
Activity: 251
"Loosing" is spelled "Losing." Sorry pet peeve of mine DERP
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Merchants, they are selling bitcoin immediately.
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
I believe it is due to people misspelling "losing". Every time somebody misspells "lose" or "losing", somebody else gives up hope for humanity and dumps their bitcoins.
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
I would buy it at 3 or 5 different levels over a long period time.
Activity: 126
Last time when i saw bitcoin 380 it was related to china rumour banning bitcoin or something.
any similar this time?

Miners selling their bitcoins to invest in Alibaba IPO. My point exactly in the article. http://www.bitcoinvalues.net/alibaba-ipo-responsible-bitcoin-crash.html

LMFAO you're an idiot alibaba had nothing to do with this crash! Bitcoin is loosing value because literally everybody is selling it... NO BUYERS = CRASH TO 0.00
Activity: 434
Loose lips sink sigs!
This article from Coin Desk provides some logical answers: http://www.coindesk.com/predicting-bitcoins-next-price-rise/
Pages:
Jump to: