Pages:
Author

Topic: What is going on in the market? - page 8. (Read 1742 times)

Activity: 73
Merit: 0
May 04, 2018, 08:02:24 PM
Hello everyone - I don't usually put up posts, but I was curious on what everyone is seeing for this recent market upswing.

This is the second time in the last 4 months we've gone from 250bn market cap to over 400bn. Very much a yo-yo effect.

We've seen the market press hype cool down - so what is causing the market to go back up? If you could all please post some real world news that would be much appreciated. Doesn't have to be news from a news source - could be numbers from block explorers, investment news, just something that can be tied down to a FIAT value being put into crypto.

For me (a little bit of a conspiracy theorist)

USD Tether gains FIAT value in Q3 to Q4 of 2017 -> Moves FIAT value to Noble Bank -> "Legitimizes" USD Tether

BitConnect crisis occurs -> Loss of investor confidence -> Lack of market liquidity -> Correction

SEC opens with somewhat positive remarks to crypto as a whole -> Focus specifically on ICO scams

Discovery of Mt. Gox trustee -> Rumors spread -> Investor confidence drops further causing further slide

USD Tether media cools off -> USD Tether prints off more tokens beginning of April -> Stabilizes investor confidence

Stable coins begin emerging post USD Tether -> Markets keep resurfacing throughout April

May 7th SEC supposed to rule on Ethereum and XRP on whether they are securities (https://www.ethnews.com/sec-cftc-to-discuss-possible-securities-classification-of-ether-other-cryptocurrencies) -> Market effect Huh??

ICO fraud rumors (https://medium.com/@douglaslyons/ldj-capital-all-that-glitters-is-not-gold-ccbfc21ffd71) -> Market effect Huh??

I can provide links for any of those events - I just didn't want to spam links. It would be interesting to see if anyone can find info of "new" FIAT money going into Crypto which would give evidence of a bull market - especially if it is found from institutional sources. The opposite as well - if anyone has insights into how this could be a bull trap, that would be awesome to read.

As I said, goal is to pool together everyone's reading material for better clarity on current market events.

Please post your mother will die.
You can see that the market in recent days has reduced the number of transactions and all are waiting to see the static bitcoin. It can be seen that today's bitcoin price has shown signs of a spike when the moment has reached $ 9800 and still showing signs of slowing down. For technical analysis, bitcoin prices are showing divergence, indicating that buying is decreasing and selling pressure is increasing, so you need to be very careful when trading.

Thank you for that advice.

Post January 5th our "strategy" was to purchase around 270-300bn (market cap) if it ever dipped to that level. Thankfully we stocked up twice over.

Speaking of your signs of slowing down - today it hasn't been able to move past 458bn cap. Eth at 788/unit and Btc at 9750/unit according to CMC.

When we first bought - Eth was 380 and Btc in the 6,700 range. By now - Eth has doubled and volume has slowed down.

We have yet to see what the Chinese market will do as it is just now waking up.

My gut feeling says that it will go up slightly further - once volume increases around the 35 - 38m / 24hr range, big bag holders will start to sell in mass unless something in the news sparks it one way or the other.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
May 04, 2018, 07:18:53 PM
Hello everyone - I don't usually put up posts, but I was curious on what everyone is seeing for this recent market upswing.

This is the second time in the last 4 months we've gone from 250bn market cap to over 400bn. Very much a yo-yo effect.

We've seen the market press hype cool down - so what is causing the market to go back up? If you could all please post some real world news that would be much appreciated. Doesn't have to be news from a news source - could be numbers from block explorers, investment news, just something that can be tied down to a FIAT value being put into crypto.

USD Tether gains FIAT value in Q3 to Q4 of 2017 -> Moves FIAT value to Noble Bank -> "Legitimizes" USD Tether

BitConnect crisis occurs -> Loss of investor confidence -> Lack of market liquidity -> Correction

SEC opens with somewhat positive remarks to crypto as a whole -> Focus specifically on ICO scams

Discovery of Mt. Gox trustee -> Rumors spread -> Investor confidence drops further causing further slide

USD Tether media cools off -> USD Tether prints off more tokens beginning of April -> Stabilizes investor confidence

Stable coins begin emerging post USD Tether -> Markets keep resurfacing throughout April

May 7th SEC supposed to rule on Ethereum and XRP on whether they are securities (https://www.ethnews.com/sec-cftc-to-discuss-possible-securities-classification-of-ether-other-cryptocurrencies) -> Market effect Huh??

ICO fraud rumors (https://medium.com/@douglaslyons/ldj-capital-all-that-glitters-is-not-gold-ccbfc21ffd71) -> Market effect Huh??

I can provide links for any of those events - I just didn't want to spam links. It would be interesting to see if anyone can find info of "new" FIAT money going into Crypto which would give evidence of a bull market - especially if it is found from institutional sources. The opposite as well - if anyone has insights into how this could be a bull trap, that would be awesome to read.

As I said, goal is to pool together everyone's reading material for better clarity on current market events.

You can see that the market in recent days has reduced the number of transactions and all are waiting to see the static bitcoin. It can be seen that today's bitcoin price has shown signs of a spike when the moment has reached $ 9800 and still showing signs of slowing down. For technical analysis, bitcoin prices are showing divergence, indicating that buying is decreasing and selling pressure is increasing, so you need to be very careful when trading.
May 04, 2018, 06:37:48 PM
In my opinion, sentiment, unlike the last two times, is changing. Institutional money is never really interested in catching falling daggers, so they just let coins bleed out without participating at all... noobs from the run-up in December-January who fomo'd switch to full FUD and through despair sent us through a capitulation period.  Institutional money then around 250-270 billion market cap started its accumulation phase after the last little bit of 200 day death cross was less severe than expected. Now that the bottom was found, and institutional money propped us up along with experienced people got their bags loaded with their favorite alts, its time for noobs to eventually step back in and really fomo this thing up to previous highs and eventually a market cap above 1 trillion by the end of the year.  One thing noobs never really understand is big whales make more money in smaller position trades over letting the market run .. everyone has their role to play.. the institutional money supporting or dumping and not participating, the whales looking for key areas to accumulate and dump to start it over, the smarter older fish who swim with whales as to not get eaten, and the classic noobies who fear missing out and panic.  Some of your things like SEC news, Mt Gox, and BitConnect have their role to play in this process, but I think its more of an institutional money creating an opportunity for a swing trade off of this over anyone really being scared.

This, however, is a bit concerning.. but you'll likely know beforehand as the market reacts.. stuff like this will almost certainly be leaked and you'll see people in the know react accordingly. I have a hard time seeing how ETH as a security though... XRP can go to zero.. so I'm not concerned there.

Good points - and thank you for adding to the conversation.

One thing noted this week was Eth strong lead over the top 5 coins amid rumors of the SEC ruling (to me it says it won't put it down as a securities)

One thing that is also weird among this up trend from the market is the low daily volume. Today we're sitting at 27mil compared to 40mil early April when market was 250bn as you said. So we could see this yo-yo effect keep happening if the institutional investors as you mentioned don't buy into the FOMO / FUD and buy at their own price as the market crawls back.
Activity: 336
Merit: 71
May 04, 2018, 06:13:22 PM
In my opinion, sentiment, unlike the last two times, is changing. Institutional money is never really interested in catching falling daggers, so they just let coins bleed out without participating at all... noobs from the run-up in December-January who fomo'd switch to full FUD and through despair sent us through a capitulation period.  Institutional money then around 250-270 billion market cap started its accumulation phase after the last little bit of 200 day death cross was less severe than expected. Now that the bottom was found, and institutional money propped us up along with experienced people got their bags loaded with their favorite alts, its time for noobs to eventually step back in and really fomo this thing up to previous highs and eventually a market cap above 1 trillion by the end of the year.  One thing noobs never really understand is big whales make more money in smaller position trades over letting the market run .. everyone has their role to play.. the institutional money supporting or dumping and not participating, the whales looking for key areas to accumulate and dump to start it over, the smarter older fish who swim with whales as to not get eaten, and the classic noobies who fear missing out and panic.  Some of your things like SEC news, Mt Gox, and BitConnect have their role to play in this process, but I think its more of an institutional money creating an opportunity for a swing trade off of this over anyone really being scared.

This, however, is a bit concerning.. but you'll likely know beforehand as the market reacts.. stuff like this will almost certainly be leaked and you'll see people in the know react accordingly. I have a hard time seeing how ETH as a security though... XRP can go to zero.. so I'm not concerned there.
May 04, 2018, 04:32:10 PM

Pages:
Jump to: