Pages:
Author

Topic: What is going on? Trading volume is so low! - page 3. (Read 7016 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Wrong. Bitcoin is about freedom.

What it might be intended =/= what it is used for
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Not it is not. Do not fell for financial scams aka derivatives. Bitcoin was meant to fight that.

But bitcoin was never used differently.
Speculate or illegal stuff are the 2 only interests that bitcoin has ever had, huh.

Wrong. Bitcoin is about freedom.
Not it is not. Do not fell for financial scams aka derivatives. Bitcoin was meant to fight that.

But bitcoin was never used differently.
Speculate or illegal stuff are the 2 only interests that bitcoin has ever had, huh.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I look at the larger picture though beyond the day trade. Simply holding your BTC could make you a very rich person as governments and banks continue to implode. We have already seen an example of people flocking to Bitcoin with the Cyprus mess, and now Argentinians are getting on board as the Peso crumbles at 25% inflation per year (!!!). The exodus from fiat has only just begun, thanks to the news people are waking up to the fact there is a way out that never existed until now.

The buy in is higher now, but the eventual end game will make that $100/BTC look like nothing when it crests $1000s as banking exiles find a new home in crypto-currency as trust in the fiat system continues its epic decline to irrelevance.

We are the pioneers of the most massive paradigm shift the world has ever seen. Hold on to your butts when the fiat stock markets go straight into the ground a little later this year probably taking the rest of the world with it, and that is happening right now as it reaches the level it did right before the 2002 and 2008 crashes. Real economists not controlled by NewsCorp see it coming, as the stock trade is booming, while real world economics paint a whole different picture of what is really going on. Several nations are on the brink of total collapse, any market quiver will spell the end at this point, and it cannot simply be "fixed" by Bernake's magic money press this time.

I truly believe Bitcoin may very well be the last working economies left, and soon.

The crazy thing is, nobody can say with certainty that your not right. I love the idea of moving toward btc, and away from gov and bank controls. But I cannot see such a dramatic shift as you propose, without some massive pain. There might even be some extreme and undesirable consequences.
Like the Chinese proverb " may you live in interesting times". Yay, like the potato famine, or world wars. Lets hope things dont get too interesting, to quickly.
legendary
A lot of the big traders moved their action over to plus500 to trade on a FSA regulated site with 4:1 leverage, option to short and instant credit card deposits. Like everything else, most of the action always ends up in "paper" derivatives.

Thank you for posting this. Do you have a link for plus500 plz? Sounds interesting

A lot of the big traders moved their action over to plus500 to trade on a FSA regulated site with 4:1 leverage, option to short and instant credit card deposits. Like everything else, most of the action always ends up in "paper" derivatives.

Thank you for posting this. Do you have a link for plus500 plz? Sounds interesting

http://www.plus500.co.uk/Instruments/BTCUSD ?

Only fools play with paper and not the real thing.

Unfortunately when the alternative is playing with the real thing on exchanges that has a 45% fail rate, it's not much of a decision for some players  Wink

I'll be curious to hear your opinion plz? Are you suggesting btc trading has a 45% fail rate?
I think a lot of it has to do with the emergence of several new coins as well, traders have shifted their attention to these as BTC continues it's overall rise beyond comfort level for many weekend warriors. Altcoins are dirt cheap and are much more volatile, many are making a killing riding those waves, but it is a lot more dangerous (as I know with FTC bottoming out...)

If anything it is a good thing to see this volatility find a new home which keeps BTC and LTC more stable overall and less prone to run ups/downs because it is being taken to altcoin exchanges instead. The price has remained as BTC is being diverted to these other coins as well. This extends to mining botnets as well that are targeting the altcoins with BTC difficulties exploding (severely in the coming months with ASICs finally hitting the streets en masse).

Operatr! Thank you. I've learnt a lot from your post. Maybe I'm being ridiculous, but I feel a loyalty to Bitcoin. I want to see btc succeed beyond other coins. But I'm going to check out these other coins you speak of, and who knows. Might even have a dabble. Day trading! my new sport
Activity: 465
Merit: 254

Unfortunately when the alternative is playing with the real thing on exchanges that has a 45% fail rate, it's not much of a decision for some players  Wink
legendary

Anyhow:

Activity: 465
Merit: 254
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
www.DonateMedia.org
I think a lot of it has to do with the emergence of several new coins as well, traders have shifted their attention to these as BTC continues it's overall rise beyond comfort level for many weekend warriors. Altcoins are dirt cheap and are much more volatile, many are making a killing riding those waves, but it is a lot more dangerous (as I know with FTC bottoming out...)

If anything it is a good thing to see this volatility find a new home which keeps BTC and LTC more stable overall and less prone to run ups/downs because it is being taken to altcoin exchanges instead. The price has remained as BTC is being diverted to these other coins as well. This extends to mining botnets as well that are targeting the altcoins with BTC difficulties exploding (severely in the coming months with ASICs finally hitting the streets en masse).

I look at the larger picture though beyond the day trade. Simply holding your BTC could make you a very rich person as governments and banks continue to implode. We have already seen an example of people flocking to Bitcoin with the Cyprus mess, and now Argentinians are getting on board as the Peso crumbles at 25% inflation per year (!!!). The exodus from fiat has only just begun, thanks to the news people are waking up to the fact there is a way out that never existed until now.

The buy in is higher now, but the eventual end game will make that $100/BTC look like nothing when it crests $1000s as banking exiles find a new home in crypto-currency as trust in the fiat system continues its epic decline to irrelevance.

We are the pioneers of the most massive paradigm shift the world has ever seen. Hold on to your butts when the fiat stock markets go straight into the ground a little later this year probably taking the rest of the world with it, and that is happening right now as it reaches the level it did right before the 2002 and 2008 crashes. Real economists not controlled by NewsCorp see it coming, as the stock trade is booming, while real world economics paint a whole different picture of what is really going on. Several nations are on the brink of total collapse, any market quiver will spell the end at this point, and it cannot simply be "fixed" by Bernake's magic money press this time.

I truly believe Bitcoin may very well be the last working economies left, and soon.
Wow, hows that little run up to $19!!! then quiet again

Since the DDOS yesterday, MtGox turned off API support for anything calling the older https://mtgox.com/api pages and is now only allowing orders to be placed through their data.mtgox.com url calls.

I haven't looked on the forum much but didnt see this announced anywhere. Over the next few days I imagine others who run bots will pick up on this, fix their code and re-start their bots.

*edit* To clarify, I believe the API functions to query order response / account data were changed.

Plz forgive my ignorance. Are the bots hostile toward Mtgox?
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1078
A balanced portfolio is definitely the best bet.

Since the DDOS yesterday, MtGox turned off API support for anything calling the older https://mtgox.com/api pages and is now only allowing orders to be placed through their data.mtgox.com url calls.

I haven't looked on the forum much but didnt see this announced anywhere. Over the next few days I imagine others who run bots will pick up on this, fix their code and re-start their bots.

*edit* To clarify, I believe the API functions to query order response / account data were changed.
legendary
Rush won't start anytime soon. And this is good. Bitcoin is not a get rich quick scheme.

Hopefully it is a get rich "at some point" scheme.  I know many people are into BTC for ideological reasons.  I am shamelessly in it primarily for the fact that I can make some money (or have money that will hold it's value better).  Of course, there is something heartwarming about bypassing the banks too.

Just don't forget this is experimental software. It could go south in one second. And sooner or later, governments will fight against it: the status quo will never give up its power, based on controlling the monetary supply, without a big fight.

Bitcoin may well be the cheapest way to get wealthier, if it keeps succeeding; but also the quickest way to lose everything you have invested in it.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
What is going on? Trading volume is so low!
Please let us know your opinion, why is trading volume at an all time low?

A lot of guys bought BTC for $200-$260, now they are waiting when the price touches $200 to start selling even with a little loss. Other guys know that and don't buy coz believe it's very hard to move the price over $250.
The system in which we live today, is heavily stacked against the up and comer, and stacked in favor of those already established in business and wealth. And myself operating a business in a heavily regulated industry with short capital, I am qualified to say this. But I can be philosophical about this state of affairs. I'm not saying they dont deserve their wealth, as many have worked hard to achieve it. And I'm honest enough to admit, I probably wouldn't be complain if it was me that was already well established.
Dont take me wrong, as I'm perfectly willing to work for my dues. But if Bitcoin represents a free elevator ride up for the early adopters, then I'm going to do what I can to be aboard. Bing!!! This is your elevator attendant speaking, going up sir?
Not all, but btc might redistribute some of that horded wealth. And I think that's great. Reshuffle the decks a little, so to speak.

And banks represent a multi Billion dollar inefficiency in the system. Do we really need armies of well paid people just to move money around the place, from me to you?  The answer is a resounding no, thanks to bitcoin! And they're not even particularly good at it, considering how long it takes them to transfer electronic money. Typically 3 days, but I can wait up to 6 days sometimes for international transfers to arrive with me, if a weekend falls in the way. We'll still need banks for stuff, but I'll be happy to see them tighten their belt straps a little.
Pages:
Jump to: