Pages:
Author

Topic: What is happening in France? - page 2. (Read 223 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 156
July 03, 2023, 03:55:51 PM
The consequences of excessive hospitality, self-deprecation, and attempts to play nice and responsive people.  Plus the manipulation and attempted internal pressure on Macron by his opponents.
There's a bunch of stuff mixed in there, from primitive idiocy to elements of geopolitical gamesmanship.
If you take the "grassroots" problem - the games of "tolerance" to immigrants flooding France - that was the foundation of the problem.  About 15 years ago I flew through France, Paris, De Gaulle airport, and had time to walk around Paris. No offense - I did not see a single "emigrant" who showed any benefit to the country that gave him shelter and the benefits of civilization. They were all consumers, all were quite aggressive towards the local population, and did not give a damn about France and its laws. I was then talking to acquaintances who lived in Paris, and to my statement "soon they will be a huge mass, which already considers France as their land, and you MUST HAVE THEM, do you want to start pre-emptive measures to take", I was told - "well what do you say!? they are people, they suffered there, we are civilized people, they will adapt and become full citizens of France". I laughed back, they were offended Smiley
It turned out I was right...

I beg to disagree with you on the issue of "benefits from the immigrants"
I think to a large extent, France has benefited immensely from immigrant population, ranging from a young protective work force. Take a look at  France national football team, it depicts to a large extent to which they've benefited from immigrants. However, there might be one two Judas within the immigrant population, but that doesn't make the problems squarely lie on them.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1864
July 03, 2023, 03:31:34 PM
The consequences of excessive hospitality, self-deprecation, and attempts to play nice and responsive people.  Plus the manipulation and attempted internal pressure on Macron by his opponents.
There's a bunch of stuff mixed in there, from primitive idiocy to elements of geopolitical gamesmanship.
If you take the "grassroots" problem - the games of "tolerance" to immigrants flooding France - that was the foundation of the problem.  About 15 years ago I flew through France, Paris, De Gaulle airport, and had time to walk around Paris. No offense - I did not see a single "emigrant" who showed any benefit to the country that gave him shelter and the benefits of civilization. They were all consumers, all were quite aggressive towards the local population, and did not give a damn about France and its laws. I was then talking to acquaintances who lived in Paris, and to my statement "soon they will be a huge mass, which already considers France as their land, and you MUST HAVE THEM, do you want to start pre-emptive measures to take", I was told - "well what do you say!? they are people, they suffered there, we are civilized people, they will adapt and become full citizens of France". I laughed back, they were offended Smiley
It turned out I was right...
Activity: 700
Merit: 429
July 03, 2023, 03:22:23 PM
There is already an existing thread for this discussion and I advise you to continue with that discussion instead of creating another thread for the same discussion.

Back to the topic:  Police brutality has been on the increase across the globe and I wonder why officers of the law who are meant to protect the citizen's right are the same violating those rights to the point of committing extrajudicial killing of the 17 years who is underage so this has resulted into the unrest witnessed a cross french over the last weeks.
Activity: 518
Merit: 156
July 03, 2023, 03:16:11 PM
In the passing days there has been  disruption of lives, movements and also with destruction of public properties  across  major cities in France. This happening has hampered negatively on the economy of the country forcing the French president to abort one of his supposed diplomatic trip in light of the ill-fated situation.

The story line talks about, a 17 years old teenage boy that was killed by the police. This singular act has given birth to series of protest and riots that has affected, and created unrest in  major cities of the country leading to the arrest of more than 700+ protesters.

A lot of people have complained about the activities of police across the world, Because the George Floyd issue, the Arab Spring and a lots of activities of the police that has lead to protest that has resulted to unending riots, carnage and destruction that is caused by the excesses of the police across the world.

All the major cities in France is currently shutdown, economic activities are seriously under threat as shops owners are losing their goods  unabatedly, as the security force are overwhelmed with the situation.
I think is high time the Government of the world looks into the activities of police before they cause a volcanic eruption that will consume us all.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-66073728
Pages:
Jump to: