Pages:
Author

Topic: What is ICO? - page 4. (Read 452 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 100
March 10, 2018, 11:13:37 PM
yes, ICO helps promote altcoin and the platform to be spread on the exchange. so it can help the crypto world always exist.

I think, a good ICO, is a success in the sale of tokens or altcoins.
I think all of them will be successful  if their token was sold out in ICO.
as long as they achieved their minimum goal it is already considered as successful ICO
Not all ICOs run well and succeed.
I think successful ICOs not only succeed in selling their tokens, but are able to create platforms that create long-term programs and useful products.
stop making coins then leave without follow-up.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
March 10, 2018, 11:12:05 PM
it is nice that someone like you to explain what is ICO.
ICO is Initial Coin Offering, a way to collect capital funds for startup or existing company.
you can buy tokens in ICO to invest on it.
Activity: 476
Student Coin
March 10, 2018, 09:17:20 PM
I want to note that the choice of investments should be approached very carefully. Lately, most of the ICO is SCAM. As a result of investing, you can lose your money. After entering the exchange, tokens may be impaired.
Therefore take part only in the untwisted ICO.
And there is a lot of ways to prevent a fake ICO or scam ICO like reading their whitepapers reasearching to their project and many more,my advice for the people who think that many of ico is scam ,take a time for reasearching about on it.
Activity: 252
Merit: 14
Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data
March 10, 2018, 11:48:44 AM
I want to note that the choice of investments should be approached very carefully. Lately, most of the ICO is SCAM. As a result of investing, you can lose your money. After entering the exchange, tokens may be impaired.
Therefore take part only in the untwisted ICO.
Activity: 107
Merit: 5
March 10, 2018, 11:34:54 AM
Good effort in defining ICO. Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is just the cryptospace version of Initial Public Offer (IPO) obtainable in the traditional stock market. Just another way of raising fund from the public to start, develop or expand a project or business using blockchain technology and smart contract. The easiest way to Crowd funding that is helping start-ups to raise fund in exchange for tokens.

Thanks for a concise explanation for ICO. As you mentioned its also the same as IPO which what we are doing in the traditional market. It was only change to ICO since companies is already utilizing the digital market in order to promote their project and raised fund.
Merit: 104
Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur
March 10, 2018, 11:24:10 AM
Good effort in defining ICO. Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is just the cryptospace version of Initial Public Offer (IPO) obtainable in the traditional stock market. Just another way of raising fund from the public to start, develop or expand a project or business using blockchain technology and smart contract. The easiest way to Crowd funding that is helping start-ups to raise fund in exchange for tokens.
Activity: 129
March 10, 2018, 11:22:21 AM
Ico is a quick way to raise money, but it is not regulated, so there are many people who make excessive profits through ico. That's a bad behavior.

Activity: 350
Merit: 11
March 10, 2018, 11:14:18 AM
yes you are right and I think ICO is a coin offer which is given the startup who are in need of funds to build a project that they run that have smart contract agreement with blockchain. ICO is also very useful to add new coin in the market and can trigger to benefit from ICO.
Hi, to my mind, many people make mistakes trying to get into any ICO. People send their ether to almost any smart contract, making them easy prey for phishers. They then send their tokens anywhere, practically giving them away in an effort to send them to an exchange or another wallet.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
March 10, 2018, 08:58:34 AM

ICO stands for Initial Coin Offering. When a coin wants to go to the trading floor, it must go through an ICO campaign. We can understand ICO as a form of calling and promoting the coin to be known to many investors so that it can grow. ICO is currently a very popular and growing campaign. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 467
Binance #Smart World Global Token
March 10, 2018, 07:52:15 AM
yes, ICO helps promote altcoin and the platform to be spread on the exchange. so it can help the crypto world always exist.

as long as they achieved their minimum goal it is already considered as successful ICO
Activity: 672
Merit: 271
March 10, 2018, 07:35:52 AM
This is really good as this is the real purpose of ICO. But these days people have been blinded about the market havoc. I mean these days ICO is all about creating a token listing it on any exchange and then just trading it by pumping and dumping it ocassionally. Even the developers go to a big sleep once they are done with the exchange listing. There are a very few projects that really work.
Activity: 97
March 10, 2018, 07:31:10 AM
ICO stands for initial coin offering, that is  becoming popular lately as more crypto start-ups are using it as an alternative to the traditional fundraising methods. According to Forbes, ICOs have raised over $380M funding as of May 2017, compared to $225M in 2016, $10M in 2015, and $25M in 2014 (historical figures are from the research firm Smith + Crown).
Student Coin
March 10, 2018, 12:23:48 AM

Activity: 182
Merit: 1
March 09, 2018, 04:04:18 AM
the definition i've found in some article was : ICO is the abbreviation of Initial Coin Offering. It means that someone offers investors some units of a new cryptocurrency or crypto-token in exchange against cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Ethereum. Since 2013 ICOs are often used to fund the development of new cryptocurrencies.
the main line here that ICO is just started begin some years ago and getting over increased years to years.
Activity: 644
Merit: 102
March 09, 2018, 03:54:45 AM
I like  ICO of  TV_TWO .Their's is not Initial Coin Offering but Interactive Coin Offering protocol .

For more information
https://medium.com/truebit/interactive-coin-offering-a-protocol-explained-267065ef3819
Activity: 364
March 09, 2018, 03:38:39 AM
yes you are right and I think ICO is a coin offer which is given the startup who are in need of funds to build a project that they run that have smart contract agreement with blockchain. ICO is also very useful to add new coin in the market and can trigger to benefit from ICO.
Activity: 78
March 09, 2018, 03:32:06 AM
ICO or Initial Coin Offering has recently become more and more sophisticated in 2017, many developers are using this method to raise funds to develop their projects. Funds collected are not half-hearted can get millions of US dollars, joining in ico is a good way to make a profit
Activity: 462
Merit: 13
March 09, 2018, 03:30:57 AM
This is really a good one. Many people on this platform might have an idea on what ICO mean, but might not have the full knowledge. This explanation looks clear enough for even a lane man to understand. Personally, i think with this, i can easily define what an ICO is and be able to explain in my own words. Thanks for the piece.
I also think ICO can be likened to shares.
Activity: 588
March 09, 2018, 03:24:10 AM
The ICO process is raising funds to implement a very good idea. I think this is a very good process, in order simply to not take funds in the bank at a percentage, just explain to people what's the matter and tell about the idea of ​​the project. And of course to share your profit
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
March 09, 2018, 03:16:59 AM
all users here must be know of what is meant by ico and I appreciate your efforts. so all this is clear and it would be nice if the op lock this thread, because only the lazy people who do not understand and do not want to find what the meaning of ico.
Pages:
Jump to: