Pages:
Author

Topic: What is occurring when someone sells 1 BTC at a price lower than he/she bought? - page 4. (Read 1887 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Let's say I buy 1 Bitcoin for $2296.25 USD. I notice that the USD price value of the Bitcoin drops to $2093 USD, and let's say I want the US dollar amount, so I sell the Bitcoin at $2093 USD, whereby 1 BTC is selling for $2093 on the market.

Is that to say that the US dollar supply has deflated and that I am still, nonetheless, close to breaking even (assuming resistance along a network)?

That's the correct interpretation, right?

Because if Bitcoin works to significantly reduce the double-spending problem, then the (2296.25-2093=$103.25) $103.25 USD I "lost" was actually reallocated into society (1st law of thermodynamics). Thus, the ~$103.25 USD was used to benefit society (all of the Universe, socially) as a whole?

Or is that an incorrect interpretation because the "lost" money is allocated into society rather than my profits?

Or is it better to consider the drop in Bitcoin price was actually a reallocation of Bitcoin market cap. profits to society?
--> I guess that's like saying if the Bitcoin price drops, the market cap. was re-allocated into society, correlated with (if but causing) deflation of USD (if but all money), thus giving my $2093 the same (except a little resistance) buying power as the $2296.25 (used to buy the 1 Bitcoin) due to how Bitcoin reduces the double-spending problem: So, it's like I broke even because the amount of USD I obtained from selling the 1 Bitcoin is similar to the buying power of the amount of USD used to buy the 1 Bitcoin in the first place, right?

*sorry for edits
Pages:
Jump to: