Pages:
Author

Topic: What Is Stopping Cryptocurrency Propagation? - page 2. (Read 1773 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
...  like the "minimum is 0,5mBTC for donation" ... on the bottom of the article (with a balance of a 9 BTC  Grin ).
m3
Activity: 460
Merit: 250
adoption of a new technology will take some time.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Stepping stones, simply put the process may still be too much of a cliff for some users to utilize and needs to be brought down to make it possible for all users to use.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
op, you are asking the wrong question. Why should people use bitcoin is the better question.  Those of us that do use bitcoin get it.  I don't want to use bad language but there's a saying that goes something like this.  Fuck em.  Why should I have sympathy for someone whom doesn't get it. Utopia is now
Activity: 252
i would say government is slowing bitcoin the most
as there are no laws or outright bans of bitcoin
businesses are not eager to setup bitcoin in their businesses
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
It does seem to be picking up steam but there is resistance. We will see more of it when the "lion" mentioned in the article realizes it has all ready been wounded. Staying strong handed will be really important when the opposing forces begin to hit back.
The "lion" is already trying to claw back. The thing is, it can't find a good enough weakness. But regardless what happens, I feel the community will most likely stand strong through a lot of issues.

Government can slow it down or outright banning bitcoin.
Banning Bitcoin? Good luck with that.

Banning it isn't as easy as just saying "We ban Bitcoin". In the 1900s, in a decade or two, alcohol was banned. What did the people do? Moonshine. In some States marijuana is still illegal, and people grow it in grow-ops and sell it on the street. A ban doesn't just flat-out work, especially for a highly anonymous digital system.

Heck, anything that is "banned" can most likely be purchased or obtained in one form or another, it just needs a bit of... Observation.

Bitcoin can never be fully banned without the entire internet being taken down.

Which has lead me to the question, why have people not started creating direct nodes to self-hosted connection systems? Just being a wired Person-to-Person network could save Bitcoin even if the internet goes down.

WHY ARE WE NOT FUNDING THIS??
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I expect cryptos to flourish, so I have introduced bitcoin to a few of my friends. They are having problems with setting up a wallet with bitcoin-qt right off the bat. I then I told them about Electrum and other clients.

The learning curve is steep for new users, including setup and making transactions, then there are transaction fees and change address. Newbies are most vulnerable to theft and lost of keys. It is not difficult for us because we are used to it, but all these needs to change if we what mass adoption.
Activity: 406

There is all ready too much money it bit coin for a country like the US to ban. Our government listens to money and with the etf's and the infrastructure going into place a ban would never happen. They probably will at some point attempt to slow it down with regulations but even that would only slow it down rather than stop it. 
Activity: 363
Merit: 100
SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN
Activity: 406
It does seem to be picking up steam but there is resistance. We will see more of it when the "lion" mentioned in the article realizes it has all ready been wounded. Staying strong handed will be really important when the opposing forces begin to hit back.
Activity: 322
Merit: 114
We Are The New Wealthy Elite, Gentlemen
It's only been invented for 5 years and look how far it has gotten already… I think it's propagating extremely rapidly personally.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Crypto Currency Live News
Pages:
Jump to: