Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the address 0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000 - page 3. (Read 1031 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 110
You are right, they are mostly trash. SOmetimes they are named after, but mostly they are bad stuff.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 265
Most of such tokens carry no value, may be some poor developers created them for test and then airdropped to random eth addresses, i have also received few unnamed tokens but they have no value at all.
Activity: 81
Merit: 0
It's a contract address for distribution of airdrop and bounty, so u are safe
Activity: 19
I found out that this 0x0 adress is burnt andress. It means that every ath or token that didnt get to the reciver (mistyped adress) is going to this adress. Wierd concept but ok. But i dont get it why tokens and eth are going out of this adress. Can anybody know something about it? seems interesting
Activity: 19
Hi
I just noticed 100000000 avocado tokens in my wallet  Huh I didnt participated in any airdrop. This is really wierd. It looks like this adres is sending random tokens to random adresses. WIERD!
Well, in the last case, they tested sending tokens and sent me worthless tokens just to test their own sending powers Smiley
Activity: 784
Merit: 510
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
Probably airdrop. If it was a scam, they would not send the tokens. I guess no answer then. I think the organizers were not skillful enough to get ethplorer to name their token or something.

This sounds close to the truth, it probably is an Airdrop. But did a bad job about it and organising the later stages.
Well, usually the shitcoins do not show up with a name, so there you go. I guess there is no need to chase after them or something.
Activity: 8
I had same feelings about that address.

I just succesfully trade some ICO tokens (NCT) of Polyswarm. I notice that address show up in Etherscan.io when I checking authenticity of ICO project.

After trade was done, I manualy add token contract address to my wallet and tokens show up. No problem in my case.

I will stay in touch with news if token is valuable or worthless.
Yeah, I participated in many airdrops. I wish I could see the token name so that I could take appropriate action. In some of the cases, looking at the smart contract gives me a name, so at least I have that now.
Activity: 168
Lucky you, you have tokens. If your not sure what to then just keep it, it might have a value sooner, let's just say they give some free tokens to random wallets,  then your one lucky receiver.
Since coins can not be used to still money from digital wallet then your all safe.
Keep us update too.

Free random tokens sound too good to be true so who knows. Maybe he participated in airdrops he forgot.

Either way, interested to know.
Activity: 109
Lucky you, you have tokens. If your not sure what to then just keep it, it might have a value sooner, let's just say they give some free tokens to random wallets,  then your one lucky receiver.
Since coins can not be used to still money from digital wallet then your all safe.
Keep us update too.
I received many tokens from address like that. I think it's just a smart contract address for distribution of bounties or airdrop.
Yeah but the address is not the problem. The problem is that the ethplorer does not recognize the token, and thus, I do not know which token I am getting.
I usually follow twitter addresses for airdrops, so that's one too many to follow.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I received many tokens from address like that. I think it's just a smart contract address for distribution of bounties or airdrop.
I have never herd of something like that and at the moment, I am sitting and wondering  Huh Huh Huh
What do you think for this conspiracy theory regarding the hached exchange. What if those guys that hacked the exchange to send random tokens like Robin Hood to a lot of people? And by that way to make a huge amount of traffic to cover them?
Just a conspiracy theory but do you think, that something like that is possible, because the address is ..."address zero" if I could call it that way.
Well, if they sent me NEM tokens, the name of the tokens would be on ethplorer. So, sorry but that's highly unlikely.
Activity: 70
I have never herd of something like that and at the moment, I am sitting and wondering  Huh Huh Huh
What do you think for this conspiracy theory regarding the hached exchange. What if those guys that hacked the exchange to send random tokens like Robin Hood to a lot of people? And by that way to make a huge amount of traffic to cover them?
Just a conspiracy theory but do you think, that something like that is possible, because the address is ..."address zero" if I could call it that way.
Yeah, expect that these are tokens that are doing nothing but taking up space in my ether wallet and ethplorer page.
I wish they would name their tokens appropriately. I have a feeling that they named them, but it is the same name with some other token, therefore ethplorer is not naming them?
In this case, they are named LIF but since there is already a token named LIF, ethplorer is ignoring them is my best guess.

does not sound good, for sure is something close to a scam...

If you get robbed on the street - you can call it a scam, but what if someone puts a hundred dollars in your purse. Is it a scam then?
Usually, if you are not sure what it is, it could be some airdrop for which you applied, or even more likely - a snapshot airdrop.

However, in this case, this is the "burn" address", the address where the tokens go if you don't write anything in the "send" field when filling a transfer from. How can you receive something from this address eludes me.

EDIT: Look at this thread here, this could be an answer - the one made by adrianclv https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/7kcarv/someone_is_sending_out_erc20_tokens_randomly/ on how it was possible. But I still don't have an idea which token it is in your case.
Activity: 322
Merit: 141
does not sound good, for sure is something close to a scam...

If you get robbed on the street - you can call it a scam, but what if someone puts a hundred dollars in your purse. Is it a scam then?
Usually, if you are not sure what it is, it could be some airdrop for which you applied, or even more likely - a snapshot airdrop.

However, in this case, this is the "burn" address", the address where the tokens go if you don't write anything in the "send" field when filling a transfer from. How can you receive something from this address eludes me.

EDIT: Look at this thread here, this could be an answer - the one made by adrianclv https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/7kcarv/someone_is_sending_out_erc20_tokens_randomly/ on how it was possible. But I still don't have an idea which token it is in your case.
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
my guess is it's actually the devils ether address! It would be best if you were to dust the strange tokens immediately if you want any chance of salvation.
Well, when I look at the smart contract:
https://etherscan.io/token/0x949f335fE05b4df0C01D128763BAF0CF5e9e785D#readContract
It says LIF token!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It should not be on until February.
Pages:
Jump to: