Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the best CPU to mine with - page 2. (Read 491 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 507
April 19, 2018, 01:10:05 AM
It is very hard to pick one coin now,  cause it all changes, the difficulties of the coin's networks, the prices on exchanges.. so you need to mine to perspective, for example... mine now IPBC and sell when the price goes higher..
Activity: 588
Merit: 335
Steady State Finance
April 19, 2018, 12:35:50 AM
Monero V7 probably the most profitable at the moment?
Not the most profitable but a bit profit compared to ETH 4 days ago trying to mine xmr using GPU and the result doesn't make happy let alone using CPU without GPU, I don't have time to think about what will to get.
Activity: 420
Merit: 108
April 18, 2018, 05:37:34 PM
Not sure what happened but my ryzen 1800x use to mine like $1.40 a day now it’s down to 20 cents? Still running at 630 m/h on XMRstack
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
April 18, 2018, 09:02:31 AM
I dont think what coin where avialable gpu mining will be profitable on cpu
Look at cpu only mining coins, for exapmle Elicoin
Activity: 122
Merit: 1
April 18, 2018, 08:34:03 AM
Activity: 728
Merit: 255
April 18, 2018, 05:23:43 AM
The best in terms of what? Profitability? Time to ROI? Hashrate?

There are lots of factors to consider when mining not just for CPU but mining in general. It is always good to set a goal first. Do you want to profit from this? Is this a hobby? Do you want to buy a badass gaming rig and just offset it's cost with mining? These are just some guide questions to help you get going..

Well my strategy would be to mine up and coming coins that nobody is really mining yet and/or mine coins that are cpu mineable only and are fairly new. And hodl the coins for a later sell date maybe a year or 2. So I'm not really looking to mine something with the most $ value but mine something that I can get the most coins (say 100+ per day) and hope for a brighter future in price.

I'm not really worried about immediate profitability, (I actually just sold all my gpu rigs because of the heat plus Im moving soon) so I'm thinking of after moving building a computer that I can play games on and mine some coins when I'm not using the computer. Maybe have 1 or 2 1080 ti's as well.
Activity: 588
Merit: 335
Steady State Finance
April 18, 2018, 03:48:14 AM
if it means to mine without GPU I think it's not the best but if it means not to mine yes it's the best.

atm, mine with GPU doesn't sound good let alone use CPU without GPU but technically CPU can use mining like ETN, XMR coin

but if in context of profit personally I still doubt whether profit or not.
Activity: 406
Merit: 110
April 18, 2018, 03:12:07 AM
The best in terms of what? Profitability? Time to ROI? Hashrate?

There are lots of factors to consider when mining not just for CPU but mining in general. It is always good to set a goal first. Do you want to profit from this? Is this a hobby? Do you want to buy a badass gaming rig and just offset it's cost with mining? These are just some guide questions to help you get going..
Activity: 728
Merit: 255
April 18, 2018, 02:56:34 AM
So I'm thinking of building a new computer to mine with a cpu I was looking at the AMD ryzen threadripper 1950x 16 core 32 thread. I think that is the best of the best of cpu's to mine with am I correct or is there another cpu that is better for mining?

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: