Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the Best Marijuana Coin? - page 3. (Read 19951 times)

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
September 04, 2015, 09:52:34 AM
The most popular and well used marijuana coin is Cannabiscoin. There's no doubt about (at least I think)  Smiley
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
September 04, 2015, 05:47:19 AM
Why not the many marijuana coins join and try to make business together? having so many coins none of them can be successful.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
September 04, 2015, 04:12:01 AM
there is no 1 best ... they all do their own thing
best up-to-date thread on MariJ coins
420 Alliance
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064
Juicin' crypto
September 03, 2015, 08:56:56 PM
maryJ for sure (or soon will be)

CANN good but needs to get going in the right direction
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
The Dude Of DopeCoin
September 01, 2015, 11:37:41 PM
The Marijuana industry will not be using any of these coins or any cryptocurrency for that matter for sales transactions.  At least not in the United States and I'll tell you why.  

Currently there are no banks that will deal with the Marijuana businesses in the United States because although it might be legal at the state level in some states it's still a schedule 1 controlled substance under federal law.   Because of that the banks will not conduct business with the dispensaries operating in states like Colorado, Washington, and Oregon.  These dispensaries deal strictly in cash because they do not have access to banking.   Just what are they going to do with a cryptocurrency that they will need to convert to bitcoin and then cash?  There is no avenue for them to convert cryptocurrency to cash because they do not have access to banking services.  Until these businesses have some method of converting cryptocurrency into cash they will not be accepting them for transactions.  

I have been to dispensaries in Colorado and Washington and they are doing a robust business.  I don't think that they will complicate their business model by adding a payment that would just add to the legal and financial maze that they are already dealing with.  

I'm not making any judgement on any of these coins.  It's the concept that the marijuana industry in the United States will adopt a cryptocurrency anytime soon that is faulty.

Hey Shojayxt. I get what you are saying. It is illegal under federal law currently this is true.  I just think at some point those restrictions will be lifted and 'weedcoins' and Bitcoin will be poised to strike. We are working on a merchant platform that will automatically convert so theoretically that can act like the 'bank' so to speak.  The reason they will add crypto is because of the digital ease of it . Just like Bitcoin has made payments so easy , there will be niche coins to fill this need for Cannabis. Good debate ShoJayxt.  Grin

Stop in on DopeCoins thread and say hi sometime Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=467641.6060

The problem is that the restrictions with banking are strangling the Marijuana industry.  I know people in the industry and they would like nothing more than to be able to conduct business with Bank of America, US Bank, etc...  Cash is good but these guys need someplace to put that cash.  It's dangerous and the wrong element is aware of the amounts of cash these establishments deal with.  You also need a bank account to conduct any significant btc to fiat transactions.  I've been to shops in Colorado and Washington.  They're packed most of the day with customers.  They don't want to  hold on to that cash.  They would rather be able to deposit it at "Name your bank".  Unfortunately, Federal law in the United States says Marijuana is worse than Cocaine.  Banks are not going to do business with any entity until the federal law is rescinded.  If you live in the United States then write your Representatives and Senators.  Heck, send a letter to the President himself asking him to decriminalize Marijuana.  The more the better.  It's insane that in some states you can be locked up for twenty years for having a joint.

Right, I know cash is still king.  I'm working on a way to have it still where people can put their cash into coins and it store it away till needed .  I'll see what I can do  because that is the future . A bank for "weed'.
legendary
The Dude Of DopeCoin
September 01, 2015, 11:34:36 PM

Andrelvogue, haha ..thanks!  Hit me up with a PM I'll give you some DOPE  Grin
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
September 01, 2015, 04:57:32 AM
The Marijuana industry will not be using any of these coins or any cryptocurrency for that matter for sales transactions.  At least not in the United States and I'll tell you why.  

Currently there are no banks that will deal with the Marijuana businesses in the United States because although it might be legal at the state level in some states it's still a schedule 1 controlled substance under federal law.   Because of that the banks will not conduct business with the dispensaries operating in states like Colorado, Washington, and Oregon.  These dispensaries deal strictly in cash because they do not have access to banking.   Just what are they going to do with a cryptocurrency that they will need to convert to bitcoin and then cash?  There is no avenue for them to convert cryptocurrency to cash because they do not have access to banking services.  Until these businesses have some method of converting cryptocurrency into cash they will not be accepting them for transactions.  

I have been to dispensaries in Colorado and Washington and they are doing a robust business.  I don't think that they will complicate their business model by adding a payment that would just add to the legal and financial maze that they are already dealing with.  

I'm not making any judgement on any of these coins.  It's the concept that the marijuana industry in the United States will adopt a cryptocurrency anytime soon that is faulty.

Hey Shojayxt. I get what you are saying. It is illegal under federal law currently this is true.  I just think at some point those restrictions will be lifted and 'weedcoins' and Bitcoin will be poised to strike. We are working on a merchant platform that will automatically convert so theoretically that can act like the 'bank' so to speak.  The reason they will add crypto is because of the digital ease of it . Just like Bitcoin has made payments so easy , there will be niche coins to fill this need for Cannabis. Good debate ShoJayxt.  Grin

The problem is that the restrictions with banking are strangling the Marijuana industry.  I know people in the industry and they would like nothing more than to be able to conduct business with Bank of America, US Bank, etc...  Cash is good but these guys need someplace to put that cash.  It's dangerous and the wrong element is aware of the amounts of cash these establishments deal with.  You also need a bank account to conduct any significant btc to fiat transactions.  I've been to shops in Colorado and Washington.  They're packed most of the day with customers.  They don't want to  hold on to that cash.  They would rather be able to deposit it at "Name your bank".  Unfortunately, Federal law in the United States says Marijuana is worse than Cocaine.  Banks are not going to do business with any entity until the federal law is rescinded.  If you live in the United States then write your Representatives and Senators.  Heck, send a letter to the President himself asking him to decriminalize Marijuana.  The more the better.  It's insane that in some states you can be locked up for twenty years for having a joint.
legendary
The Dude Of DopeCoin
legendary
The Dude Of DopeCoin
August 29, 2015, 07:44:40 PM

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
August 29, 2015, 09:38:00 AM

legendary
The Dude Of DopeCoin
August 29, 2015, 01:50:42 AM
DopeCoin has irc and blockchain viewer built into the wallet.  Dope is cheap atm.

We are busy working on a few projects and will post our monthly update here shortly. We are still here  Grin
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Real power doesnt hit hard,but right to the target
August 29, 2015, 12:41:19 AM
any 1 remember about WETK ?  Undecided
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
August 28, 2015, 08:47:16 PM
DopeCoin has irc and blockchain viewer built into the wallet.  Dope is cheap atm.
Activity: 466
Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto
July 21, 2015, 01:23:32 PM
Another CannabisCoin update.

VIA IRC:

FYI - we are harvesting a small CANNdy batch later this evening.  Will be testing and doing trials locally with select patients in AZ after cure time.
Please everyone do not think that myself and the team are going to be the sole supplier of CANNdy meds.  We will distribute clones locally once we feel it is successful
"CANNdy" is not only the strains that we are producing but also 'donated' meds supplied for the PEG.
Have a good day

EDIT: PER D9

Clone distribution will be done under AZ laws and regulations for Prop 203

Awesome! I hope CANNdy becomes big in the medical growing industry
Activity: 466
Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto
July 21, 2015, 01:22:12 PM

http://goldengatesgreenest.com

We'll be launching this weekend or early next week with some amazing Medicine for CA Medical Cannabis users  Grin Cheesy Wink

very cool!
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
July 21, 2015, 03:22:08 AM
loool so many thc coins xd. im curious how many of the users really smokes Cheesy
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
July 21, 2015, 03:03:53 AM
cocain coin    Wink
herrion needle shares   Cheesy
extasy bars  Grin
LSD bullions  Shocked

please update the poll so i can vote to some of the coins above Wink
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
July 20, 2015, 11:24:52 PM
Another CannabisCoin update.

VIA IRC:

FYI - we are harvesting a small CANNdy batch later this evening.  Will be testing and doing trials locally with select patients in AZ after cure time.
Please everyone do not think that myself and the team are going to be the sole supplier of CANNdy meds.  We will distribute clones locally once we feel it is successful
"CANNdy" is not only the strains that we are producing but also 'donated' meds supplied for the PEG.
Have a good day

EDIT: PER D9

Clone distribution will be done under AZ laws and regulations for Prop 203
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
July 19, 2015, 08:55:18 AM
A little update from Cannabiscoin.

With regard to the rest the Yes We CANN movement is a hybrid child of two of the most controversial topics in the U.S.: cryptocurrency and State-legal/Federally-illegal medical marijuana - in some cases recreational marijuana too.

This leads to tension between the hyperactive, short life-cycle crypto ecosystem along with the immediately-if-not-sooner needs and desires of crypto traders and the careful, one step at a time, always in compliance with rapidly evolving legislative and local ordinance State requirements of medical marijuana providers. That tightrope must be negotiated while avoiding drawing too much attention from the Feds who do not recognize State rights to determine their own path on what is Federally classed as a Schedule I narcotic of no medicinal value.

Because federal agencies and prosecutors have displayed a nasty proclivity for shutting down State-legal dispensaries and marijuana cultivators there has been a certain reluctance to publish road maps and brochures, although this is slowly changing as rogue agencies are brought to heel.

You'd like to know what has been accomplished so far and the answer is one heck of a lot.

You will realize that locating and purchasing land and/or facilities in places licensed for marijuana growing takes significant time and yes, exactly where marijuana may be grown is tightly controlled and strictly licensed.

Then there's outfitting the grows with hybrid solar and wind power, DeltaNine's grows are fully or partially off grid. That's in addition to outfitting the actual grow facilities. That's all before growing pilot test grows to determine which strains do well in particular sites and deliver the desired product - then you have to propagate and actually grow the crops.

You can see some of the pictures ∆9 used to post of facility build-outs and significant developments starting in an old thread here; here; here and here, for example, suit yourself if you bother scrolling through for more.

Unfortunately pictures of progress used to stir too much jealousy, precipitate such FUD storms from competing coins, waste so much time and distract focus that they were not worth it and eventually the policy became one of announcement only ex post facto, with virtually no progress photos posted along the way anymore. Very sad for genuine supporters but the bottom line is that people can't work and be in here hosing off FUD at the same time.

So, for a quick overview then ∆9 is involved with several partners in commercial grows with some portion of the crops to be devoted to CANNdy supply, the CannLab, which is devoted entirely to developing CANNdy strains, been working with partners on the requirements for a dispensary in Phoenix, all in Arizona, has been developing relations with mj businesses in Colorado, where his family has considerable land holdings, doing similarly with businesses in Nevada and was looking at cannabis-licensed land in California (I don't know the results of that).

There are plenty of other developments besides the grows too but as I said, they will only be announced ex post facto.

This is a large, complex and multi-year project which is proceeding extremely well. If its somewhat cumbersome pace drags too much for crypto traders that's fine, no one here will think poorly of them jumping ship for something shinier and if they happen to miss sudden step increases in CannabisCoin's exchange rate when achievements are announced, I'm afraid that's life.

Hopefully this helps you catch up on the what and why of CannabisCoin without having to wade through 500-odd pages of forum posts.

Cheers from the land down-under.

Pages:
Jump to: