Pages:
Author

Topic: What Is the Best Way To Diversify 100K in Crypto? - page 2. (Read 2218 times)

Activity: 246
Merit: 250
how much do you think all the analysis like technical analysis and research helped you in your altcoin trading? i ask that because i am no expert but for the life of me i can not see any kind of analysis work on 99% of the altcoins and that 1% only works sometimes. they are all moving based on pump and dump.

Precisely. Most of the coins are running by and from pumpers money and they are making a huge profit with these tricks. Analyzing cryptocurrencies in the early stages is impossible and no one will know how it is created or for what purpose. It is best to keep your money in BTC rather than going for altcoins.
If you know how to analyze a coin and read charts to determine if an altcoin is good for investing or not then altcoin trading is what you are waiting for a profitable one. Most of the altcoins now are getting dumped because of the price surge of bitcoin and that is one of the best moment to diversify 100k into different cryptocurrencies because it will give you profit. Do not invest your money in just one crypto because it will make you cry later.
But why then generally keep money in the Crypto currency? If in your opinion you still have to cry from such actions, It is better to earn real money with Bitcoin and to put them in more valuable things.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753
What I would suggest is:

- 50% bitcoin, in cold storage wallet. Make sure that the wallet is 100% secure, the last thing you want to happen is your wallet getting hacked or destroyed by an natural phonemenon and you losing 50k USD wotrh of coins.

- 20% Ethereum, again, put it in a safe cold storage.

- 20% Monero, good hedge against government intervention on cryptocurrencies. Balances are private, so nobody can ever tell whether you have monero or not.

- 10% Lisk, basically a javascript version of Ethereum, i baghold a bit.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
how much do you think all the analysis like technical analysis and research helped you in your altcoin trading? i ask that because i am no expert but for the life of me i can not see any kind of analysis work on 99% of the altcoins and that 1% only works sometimes. they are all moving based on pump and dump.

Precisely. Most of the coins are running by and from pumpers money and they are making a huge profit with these tricks. Analyzing cryptocurrencies in the early stages is impossible and no one will know how it is created or for what purpose. It is best to keep your money in BTC rather than going for altcoins.
If you know how to analyze a coin and read charts to determine if an altcoin is good for investing or not then altcoin trading is what you are waiting for a profitable one. Most of the altcoins now are getting dumped because of the price surge of bitcoin and that is one of the best moment to diversify 100k into different cryptocurrencies because it will give you profit. Do not invest your money in just one crypto because it will make you cry later.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
If you will ask other forum members they will just suggest you some random coin that they are holding so i suggest you to make your own research before following any suggestion you may get from other members.

I like the way you have diversified your holdings among coins with good trading volume that is the best practice. You can have a look at KMD and GBYTE, i have seen good potential in them.

But like i have said above do your own research for this two cryptos.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Very true.  That's what I've been doing. I guess I meant to ask what strategies are other members using when designing their portfolios.  The research is a constant WIP.  Fibonnaci retracments, technical indicators, use cases/white papers, dev teams, market cap and volume, exchanges, etc etc.  There's definitely a lot going on!  Thanks.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
The answer is do research! We can see a lot of coins right now in the market that is pumping hard like bitcoin and they are continuously rising even the bitcoin is high right now. If you do research and analysis (on the chart) very well then it will be easy for you to determine what is the best coin to buy. If i were you will invest 60% bitcoin 10% litecoin and 30% ethereum.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Hi Forum,

I've been in crypto on and off for a few years. I bought Bitcoin originally before the Mt. Gox hack and panicked after the hack and got out entirely.

I revisited the space last year and got into Ethereum and enjoyed the wave that brought the price to the $50s.  I used those profits as the basis for my trading, which I wasn't that good at, though I learned A LOT.  Ultimately, trading was unprofitable so I quit.

Over time, I saved and sold things to come to a point where I have 100K to invest.  I'm in a lot of the big cap/high volume stuff like BTC, ETH, XRP, ETC.  But I'm also diversified among projects that are still under $1 but have a lot of potential (RLC, GNT, TRST, WAVES, etc).

I'm also taking part in some of the ICOs, which are enjoying a sort of mania at the moment, for better or worse.

Where I'm kind of stuck is I'm looking to devote part of my portfolio to a diverse set of tokens that are currently low in price and could potentially take off.  I saw how PIVX and GAME have some insane all time returns since they debuted on the exchanges at like eight zeros to the right of the decimal point. Something like that even going to 0.1 is an insane return if you got in early.

Do you guys see any coins out there that have enough volume, on reputable exchanges, and could potentially do well?

Pinkcoin is annoying AF and I'm not even sure if it's legit or not.  EMC2 has done well but I don't really see it even getting to $1, especially when you consider how Stratis, a serious project, is still not there.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or insights from those in this space that have this kind of experience.

Thanks,

CryptoManiac
Pages:
Jump to: