Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the best way to make a deterministic and/or paper wallet? - page 2. (Read 1888 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I guess actually I should say I am not really clear on what the difference between deterministic and paper wallets are.. I understand deterministic is a wallet that can be generated from a passphrase only at any time right?   Wouldn't that passphrase written on paper be a paper wallet or no?

I am looking for the best way to go about this for a friend that wants to store some bit coins on paper in a safe box or something like that.  I suppose a "paper wallet" could also be an encrypted digital text file too?

Anyway I'm looking for the most secure most trusted method to do this - main reason being that my friend i not very computer savvy or tech literate so storing and backing up encrypted files using ultra secure passphrases, etc. I think is not good for him.

One concern I have is what if the software I use to create the deterministic or paper wallet becomes unsupported at some point between now and when he wants to use the coins?  Then what?  Or is this not a risk?  If so why?  I'm thinking along the lines of like when you have a 20 year old tape backup but no hardware that can read it anymore.  Is this a risk at all?

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: