Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the differenc between AnCap and everything else? - page 2. (Read 1841 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
What does a government do that a company can also not do, theoretically? I think that government is an arbitrary label.

"Legitimately" use aggressive force.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
I think the world is in a state of AnCap. I see the government as one big company that "extorts" people for money and prints its own money too. They take polls of the population and try to (or at least appear to) act in the best interest of the public. The list goes on.

Could it be that AnCappers are just angry at how powerful and irrational and immoral this company is and seek an alternative? Do they want to just hit the reset button on society so that their version of power distribution gets a fair chance?

What does a government do that a company can also not do, theoretically? I think that government is an arbitrary label.
The world is increasingly neither anarchic nor capitalistic, which is the difference. Seeing the government as one big company at the commanding heights of the economy is of course what you are meant to see, since this is the conceit that holds sway in this era. But this phenom (governments centrally planning and directing substantial portions of economic "investments"- my how the leftists have poisoned the well with that word) is known more customarily as state capitalism, corporatism, and fascism.

To question AnCap motivations is an inquiry I can't attempt at the moment. But I think your assumption, that AnCap power distributions and BigGov power distributions are theoretical and practical analogues, is the main flaw in your thinking.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I think the world is in a state of AnCap. I see the government as one big company that "extorts" people for money and prints its own money too. They take polls of the population and try to (or at least appear to) act in the best interest of the public. The list goes on.

Could it be that AnCappers are just angry at how powerful and irrational and immoral this company is and seek an alternative? Do they want to just hit the reset button on society so that their version of power distribution gets a fair chance?

Pages:
Jump to: