Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the difference between token and Coin? - page 2. (Read 240 times)

Activity: 185
Merit: 2
Token all I know created from mother blockchain, like Ethereum blockchain have ERC20, every ERC20 is a token. But if a coin has an own blockchain. This is all I know, If something goes wrong please correct or comment  Grin Grin
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
I actually want to know difference between token and Coin.

Thank you.

Tokens is just a representation of the coin that is being created by the ico's and they did not have difference, token is just used as a terminology for a coin.
Not the token is an asset that builds on the platform if the coin has its own blockchain and then the asset just pegged to the coin's blockchain and you can see ERC20 token and how it pegged to the ethereum platform.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Thank you.

Tokens is just a representation of the coin that is being created by the ico's and they did not have difference, token is just used as a terminology for a coin.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Thank you.

The difference between Token and Coin is huge. The token is a currency of the ICO project that is designed to attract money from investors who want to invest in the ICO project. With the coin, it is crypto that has been listed on exchange floors and has a potential in the cryptocurrency market. That is the basic difference between coin and token.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034
Just a little I know on this one. Tokens are projects that do not on their own have a blockchain and might need to rely on the blockchain of another. So while coins have their own blockchain, tokens do not. I think this is basically it, or hopefully, someone gives a better reply than I already have, or you source for information somewhere else.

This is the correct answer. Coins are native fuel to their own blockchain. Tokens are orchestrated upon existing blockchains. BTC, LTC, ETH, BCH, XRP etc. etc. are coins. Tron, Augur, Binance Coin, and so on are tokens.
Activity: 561
Merit: 255
Going stealthy
The same thing. Some prefer to call coin some prefer token
Activity: 71
Merit: 0
Just a little I know on this one. Tokens are projects that do not on their own have a blockchain and might need to rely on the blockchain of another. So while coins have their own blockchain, tokens do not. I think this is basically it, or hopefully, someone gives a better reply than I already have, or you source for information somewhere else.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1

Thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: