Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the easiest way to explain bitcoin to a regular person? - page 5. (Read 550 times)

Activity: 1098
Merit: 534
Every day that passes it seems that more and more people "know about bitcoin", but have no idea about key parts of the bitcoin space.

Key parts such as this forum itself...
Or key tools such as Electrum and Ledger.

Even the way they perceive bitcoin is completely sideways. People are too afraid to jump in because it's "too expensive" just to own one. I find that the best way to get new adopters and new investors is to explain the way that this stuff was supposed to evolve over time was made by design.

How do you guys like to explain bitcoin?

I personally like to use the penny/dollar : satoshi/bitcoin example.

One hundred pennies equal one dollar
One hundred million satoshis equal one bitcoin

Right now, one million satoshi's is only 235 dollars...
That's a lot less scary than owning one whole bitcoin, and can make the investor feel good about the position they have in the bitcoin market. Hey! They own an entire hundredth of a bitcoin. Now all they have to do is repeat that same purchase over the course of however much time and they could easily reach one bitcoin. This is especially true if they have a steady, recession proof job.

And don't give me some Darwinism bullshit because yes, survival of the fittest, but also lets get the whole world on this train now instead of later IMO lol.

Bitcoin is like email to the snail mail. The email bring BTC the snail mail being USD 💯. I would honestly just encourage that person who doesn’t know anything about it at all to simply do their research and point them in the right direction, personally I always tell the newbies to read The Bitcoin Standard by Saifedean Ammous
Activity: 196
Merit: 107
Every day that passes it seems that more and more people "know about bitcoin", but have no idea about key parts of the bitcoin space.

Key parts such as this forum itself...
Or key tools such as Electrum and Ledger.

Even the way they perceive bitcoin is completely sideways. People are too afraid to jump in because it's "too expensive" just to own one. I find that the best way to get new adopters and new investors is to explain the way that this stuff was supposed to evolve over time was made by design.

How do you guys like to explain bitcoin?

I personally like to use the penny/dollar : satoshi/bitcoin example.

One hundred pennies equal one dollar
One hundred million satoshis equal one bitcoin

Right now, one million satoshi's is only 235 dollars...
That's a lot less scary than owning one whole bitcoin, and can make the investor feel good about the position they have in the bitcoin market. Hey! They own an entire hundredth of a bitcoin. Now all they have to do is repeat that same purchase over the course of however much time and they could easily reach one bitcoin. This is especially true if they have a steady, recession proof job.

And don't give me some Darwinism bullshit because yes, survival of the fittest, but also lets get the whole world on this train now instead of later IMO lol.
Pages:
Jump to: