Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the effect of adding a bitcoin currency symbol to iOS? - page 3. (Read 367 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1312
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
The fact is that the bitcoin symbol does not appear for iPhone users worldwide as some users from some countries reported that they cant find the bitcoin symbol. I'm iOS user (old iPhone Smiley )as well and I cant find it on my google keyboard (last update). So I dont see any significant effect from this addition. It is just a symbol in which people are very rare to use symbol, it will bring much more effect if google add something more mainstream.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
This is probably intended to triggered people to get attention on Bitcoin for those who didn't know what is Bitcoin and that symbol makes them curiosity on that symbol. Or the second option is bitcoin symbol is cool stuff and it must belong to world currency symbol.
We can't deny the fact that bitcoin currency now is very popular that's the reason I guess they include the symbol on iOS in google keyboard.
Activity: 966
Merit: 153
There might be two things involved here. First is that they probably want to create more awareness among those  who ain't aware of Bitcoin and using their products.
And another second thing is that, they might have done a market survey and discovered that most of their users are making use of it; this they decided to include it. If that will surely make them more money, they wont hesitate to include it. Lol. 
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
The addition of a bitcoin currency symbol clearly shows that Google does not turn a blind eye to the crypto world.
https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-currency-symbol-google/

why is it just the IOS app? anybody else think that's weird? i don't think many iphone users are using the google keyboard.

Google has a significant effect on the cryptocurrency market.
Time will tell what the cascading effect of adding the bitcoin symbol is to the minds of everyday iOS users.
What do you get from adding a bitcoin currency symbol to iOS?

time will tell but it seems like a non-event to me.

i also looked at the screenshots. you need to hold down the $ key to see the bitcoin symbol in a dropdown menu. not many people are going to see this!

i'm not complaining, i just think people are overstating the importance a bit.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Nothing, it's just a cool symbol coming in to smartphones considering how big the publicity was for bitcoin in the past few years. Also, there are a lot of crypto enthusiasts that are using iOS phones and machines for their everyday life, and this little symbol Google added on their keyboard can come in handy on some situations. In the near future, this symbol could be on Google's Android keyboard too, knowing how many people are really using android compared to iOS. Anyway price wise, this wouldn't do anything significant aside from a cool little heads up that such a feature already exists in a keyboard.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102

Speculation?

I still don't get why Google add it to iOS but not Android. And this certainly brings nothing except maybe acceptance that Bitcoin is going more mainstream (people, in general, have heard or know about it).

I still don't get why Google add it to iOS but not Android.

android do already suported crypto but on ios , i never see one aside from this little BTC symbol on thier keyboard . this might be the start for apple and ios user to start recognizing the word bitcoin and crypto  .

in addition to android  . theres already a new android device ( samsung s10 ) to be specific that will be launched with a built in crypto wallet .

nothing .we cant get nothing with it but the apple company recieve alot of cash from these implementation . this symbol is nothing for non crypto users but this symbol means alot for us crypto enthusiasts
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789

Speculation?

I still don't get why Google add it to iOS but not Android. And this certainly brings nothing except maybe acceptance that Bitcoin is going more mainstream (people, in general, have heard or know about it).
Activity: 606
Merit: 10
IOS have give bitcoin symbol on google keyboard, I think will have big effect for bitcoin and altcoin at the future with price will grow up. I hope will have new product and companies want to accepted bitcoin and altcoin as their payment for the future.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
The addition of a bitcoin currency symbol clearly shows that Google does not turn a blind eye to the crypto world.
https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-currency-symbol-google/

Google has a significant effect on the cryptocurrency market.
Time will tell what the cascading effect of adding the bitcoin symbol is to the minds of everyday iOS users.
Pages:
Jump to: