Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the fastest way to deposit money to buy bitcoins? - page 2. (Read 1513 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Thanks for your replies. I'm still not trading (and obviously the prices can't stop rising... what a pity), but I will try what you said...

And, as expressed by someone else above, the huge rise we're currently seeing leaves me rather dubious, when you realize how hard it is to inject real money in the system.
Activity: 56
Using the currency exchange section on forums is the fastest way to buy BTC. You can put money into a Paypal account using a bank account to do exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
If you were from Canada there's a few places that sell BTC instantly from your bank account!
Activity: 17
It's not shady, it's actually to protect you and them from fraud.  Given the recent price jumps, the idea of getting money in and out before someone could even verify that you legitimately have funds in the original account is too tempting for scammers.

The easiest way is something like coinbase.  I just bought my first tiny bit of bitcoin through there and they verified my bank account pretty quickly.  Some banks have faster verifications than others.  At least that way, you can get locked in at a price while waiting for the trading account to get verified.
Activity: 285
Merit: 251
I am in the exact same situation.

It's been 1 week since I wanted to enter the bitcoin market, but getting even 0.1 BTC seems like an uphill battle.

I had the same issue with bitcoin.de not managing to validate my account because my bank is not in contract with their's.

OkPay is the same, I can only put money in their via bank transfer but that can take up to 4 days...
I tested one other site specific to my counrty, but they did'nt validate my bank account either in one full week, not sending any email related to the process.

The fastest and easier way to get in that I found, is on localbitcoins, trading with a verified user via a SEPA transfer, and overpriced of course.
Except that it's not something that the online manager of my bank permits... So I just changed bank to be able to do it without calling my banker for every little transfer.

I'm really starting to wonder how bitcoin's value could ever skyrocket when you have to wait like 2 weeks to get at least for 500$ worth, or is it my country only ?

Activity: 375
Merit: 250
Localbitcoins, but it can be problem to find BTC seller, or the price might be too much over spot
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Dear gentlemen,
I am currently unable to deposit any kind of money (euros actually) on various exchanges. They all ask for confirmations to "verify my account" that will last several days, and the deposit itself will also take days and days...
Examples? On bitcoin.de, I can't tell, because the verification process with Sofort simply doesn't work. On BTC-E, I am redirected to Okpay, that redirects me to other sites who promise nothing but high fees and long delays. Mtgox wants a verification + asks a delay of 7-10 days for a deposit. And so on.
This is much too long. This is dysfunctional and shady looking. This is infuriating. I just want to deposit my money quickly and trade... Any solution, any site to do this faster than a week or more?

Try to find a local seller... That would be the easiest way. I use Coinbase here in the U.S. (not sure if they take Euros). You can verify your account the same day you set it up by linking it with your bank account, but it does take a couple days for your buy order to go through.
Activity: 8
Dear gentlemen,
I am currently unable to deposit any kind of money (euros actually) on various exchanges. They all ask for confirmations to "verify my account" that will last several days, and the deposit itself will also take days and days...
Examples? On bitcoin.de, I can't tell, because the verification process with Sofort simply doesn't work. On BTC-E, I am redirected to Okpay, that redirects me to other sites who promise nothing but high fees and long delays. Mtgox wants a verification + asks a delay of 7-10 days for a deposit. And so on.
This is much too long. This is dysfunctional and shady looking. This is infuriating. I just want to deposit my money quickly and trade... Any solution, any site to do this faster than a week or more?
Pages:
Jump to: