Pages:
Author

Topic: what is the future of the crazy ICO market? - page 3. (Read 16765 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
“I woke up this morning, checked my wallet and realized that I am now a millionaire. Now what?”
A boy of his early 20s shared his story about investment in btc and ICOs. he also talked the ICO market in terms of regulation. Deng Di, president of China Blockchain Research Center warns people the the risk in the market.
http://news.8btc.com/the-crazy-world-of-icos-200000-cny-to-6-million-cny-in-2-years

Well he says luck really since he didn't envision this and he just sticks to the right person he says. Truly, ICOs can be so risky that keeps me at distance since I am not that veteran here and also there's a chance that they would just vanish together with our money. Stressed out being rich and want a sense of achievement, how I wish to have that same kind of problem.
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
“I woke up this morning, checked my wallet and realized that I am now a millionaire. Now what?”
A boy of his early 20s shared his story about investment in btc and ICOs. he also talked the ICO market in terms of regulation. Deng Di, president of China Blockchain Research Center warns people the the risk in the market.
http://news.8btc.com/the-crazy-world-of-icos-200000-cny-to-6-million-cny-in-2-years
It will eventually come to an end, people will being to understand that many of these projects are nothing but scams, and the few projects that could have something interesting about them are going to have to learn how to develop their projects without becoming millionaires overnight as they have been doing for quite some time.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
i skimmed through the "millionaire boy"'s story but i didn't see anything about any ICOs! it was a 200BTC easy money that fell in his lap and then he held it for a couple of years and make a lot of profit!

and the future of ICOs is very simple, it will be the same future as premined altcoins have. today you can no longer see any of them around, and soon we will get rid of this ICO method of scamming too.
it all started in 2016 when he bought tokens of 5 ICO projects, one helped him earn 40 times of profit and one earned 70 times.

i see a future of government crackdown and jail time with insider dumps of epic proportions and many people crying over their losses.
Activity: 102
i skimmed through the "millionaire boy"'s story but i didn't see anything about any ICOs! it was a 200BTC easy money that fell in his lap and then he held it for a couple of years and make a lot of profit!

and the future of ICOs is very simple, it will be the same future as premined altcoins have. today you can no longer see any of them around, and soon we will get rid of this ICO method of scamming too.
it all started in 2016 when he bought tokens of 5 ICO projects, one helped him earn 40 times of profit and one earned 70 times.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
Makes me laugh that many of you are criticising icos, but at the same time, actively advertising them in your signatures Cheesy.  Seems a little hypocritical to me Shocked.  "Do as I say, not as I do"!!! Grin

Lol. This is exactly what am talking about. I can never in my life think of participating in what I do not believe in. I had some really nice opportunity to work for an institution with fair salary, I didn't accept. I hate to be caged with bunch of noisy people in the name of earning a living. Lol
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
the chance to be rich through ICO is very small, since mostly ICOs turned to scam, and it's obviously risky to put your money out there. i remember the time when i joined the ICO, at the first the project had good purpose, they were trying their best to attract people by held signature campaign, twitter and fb campaign and they paid those members act like they are not scammer, imagine big capital that they need to build their reputation. Well some promising ICO will be launched at the end of this month i think i might join, hoping this is not gonna be scam, i will take that risk.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
The future is going to be what it is always was and what it always will be, is that a ton of dumb people are going to jump on the train for some shitty ICO that's not going to lead anywhere. After the first week the price will see a massive spike, people are going to sell, price is going to take a shit and then that's that the price increase is done. Some select few of people (including the founders, devs and whales) are going to make an insane amount of money from all of this but that's going to be that.

The wind will turn, ICO's will crash and take hundreds of scamcoins, shitcoins, deadcoins with it. I can't wait!
The wind will turn, ICO's will crash and take hundreds of scamcoins, shitcoins, deadcoins with it. I can't wait!

At some point, if gods on our side and wants to show people the light, this'll happen but I don't think this will happen before the Altcoin bubble pops. That's going to have to come first for all of this to happen and workout!
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Makes me laugh that many of you are criticising icos, but at the same time, actively advertising them in your signatures Cheesy.  Seems a little hypocritical to me Shocked.  "Do as I say, not as I do"!!! Grin
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
I truly believe that most of the promising ICO we have right now wont reach anywhere in a couple of years,the thing is that we are riding the market sentiment and people who are investing in it are making a good amount of profit if they are wise enough to exit at the right time,i am not a firm believer that most of the projects will exist five years from now,so all the money i invested i am not looking for the long haul,i will make my profit and get off before everything fades off.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
“It’s not about me being smart or visionary. I’m just lucky to follow the right person,”

It's plain luck, he did trust the right person at the right time.
But still he took knowledge first before stepping up in the world of ICO.
Regarding the future of it. I dont know if it will still continue as it becomes known. Some will be tired of this flow and just go and will think of another option. Same of what they do with altcoins, they come and go.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148
ICO market looks very much like Dotcom Bubble. If you are not familiar with it, people were investing in any ".com" company that appeared on the market, similar to how today people invest in every ICO, regardless of its content. The bubble bursted and most of the companies vanished, but some recovered and are operating to this day. The same might happen with altcoins, most of them won't survive the crash, but a few top coins, with hard-working devs who deliver their promises and featuring real innovations, will survive and continue rising. It's unclear though how it will affect Bitcoin - will it crash together with alts, or will investors move their funds to it instead?
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
Still not convinced why ICOs is bad. This seems like a typical ideological/emotional reactions to things we do not understand. I think current decentralized economy is by far better than what is obtainable in Stock Market where only the big guys corner all the money from crowdfunding.  I invested about $75 in a well regulated Stock market 2002 or 2004. all I gained to this day was a mailed Share Certificate.

Friends, change has come. There is an ongoing economic Revolution.. no need to resist it. It's the true democratization of Our economy. It's not going to stop anytime soon. I have a feeling the current startups from ICO will be the next big future companies  and the decentralized ICO becomes the main method of raising fund by companies, making it easy for ordinary folks with great idea to raise fund for their projects ...there will be far more companies on earth as a result.
ICO isn't a bad thing. If anything it's revealing to us the true amount we supposed to earn from our investments under a govt controlled economy.
If this were under government control only few will end up becoming rich in billions of dollars. Next everybody will feel like ant to them, next they start scheming how to take over other countries and the World.
 We deserve what we currently making because we put alot of time and energy into it. If this fails many of us probably have loads of other ideas to succeed in.

My second point today:  Someone said on this forum that money from Crypto will cause inflation around the world. I smiled at that  because he most certainly thought millions of people are into Crypto. I doubt if the actual number is even upto 0.5% of World's population... makes me somewhat sad that not alot of people are  involved. Poverty in the midst of wealth is a disgrace on our planet. It MUST DISSAPPEAR and it must be done by the people not government.

ICOs or whatever it's called should never be regulated by elite controlled government. It should be regulated by the best of the the people, stakeholders and participants. It should be self regulated otherwise poverty will never cease to exist.
Activity: 392

I can't figure out how you relating ICO future with this story. But yes, I must say cryptocurrency's ICO future is bright. It is nice to see anonymous projects getting millions of investment just on the basis of quality of project. It is the start of new type of trust in society.
If ICO continues to be that profitable, no wonder if future ICO gonna collect 100 millions plus in crowdfunding.
Activity: 294
Activity: 280
ICO market will subside when the bubble bursts, just like the IPO market subsides during economic downturns.  Most of them are garbage with promises they won't keep as they take their millions and run.  Nobody needs these tokens. Even though I went a bit into WAGERR, I don't believe anyone will actually use it on any large scale to ever gamble with.

Given ETH can't even handle the load of these tokens, future ETH based token ICOs seem questionable. Time to work on scalability first.. see which coin get it done the fastest.  NEM and Ardor are my guesses.. Ardor could replace ETH as the token king.. time will tell. Tech based on NXT is right now the most advanced, in my opinion. Thus I'm holding some (not much) of my original NEM stake while the rest is invested in Ardor and various altcoins.

Though there's a few smaller projects like Pascal that have some novel technology. Blockchain trim is a big deal. I'm amazed that one sits there dead as a doornail.
Activity: 812
Merit: 510
ICO is going to have a really big future as every week there is a new coin being added and ico are actually are  ot a bad thing as far as i have noticed. They launch a ico set a target raises money which they can keep all with themselves are necessary works so a good profit for the owners. Now after the coins are issued most of them launch at a higher price of exchanges so easy profit for investors also. There is surely risk involved but it worth taking it sometimes
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
ETH was the first ICO project in 2014. Now this kind of project are getting very popular, because of - just look at ETH results! Cheesy
I count it as high risk investment, cause of it's just can happen to all start ups pump as ETH did. Some of them will disappear. I think ICOs will not bring anything new on the market. It is the time of ups and downs, so, I suppose to see something like this from ICOs.

It will go the same way Ethereum is going to go.... DOWN. You get a bunch of people who jump in early and they make a ton of money and then

they will disappear once these people has made enough money hyping and pumping the shit out of it. I will out of principle NOT participate in any

of the ICO's. Yes, you will become rich OFF the backs of others misfortune.  Angry
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
I believe that when ICO will be regulated by most countries, there would be less pump and dumps and it will become an altertanive to IPO (which is easier to partisipate in). So it would be not so risky, but harder to engage it.

When regulation from the Government happens,restrictions ,policies will occur, joing in once campaign might be too difficult for high qualification may happen same with few ico's might not able to sustain the law f governments . I think it will be better this ways we just need to be extra careful on where to risk our money.
Activity: 86
I believe that when ICO will be regulated by most countries, there would be less pump and dumps and it will become an altertanive to IPO (which is easier to partisipate in). So it would be not so risky, but harder to engage it.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
ETH was the first ICO project in 2014. Now this kind of project are getting very popular, because of - just look at ETH results! Cheesy
I count it as high risk investment, cause of it's just can happen to all start ups pump as ETH did. Some of them will disappear. I think ICOs will not bring anything new on the market. It is the time of ups and downs, so, I suppose to see something like this from ICOs.
Pages:
Jump to: