Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the hottest eWallet right now? - page 2. (Read 2292 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 101
August 17, 2011, 11:49:47 PM
Hi NittyBitty

Use www.exchangebitcoins.com

Open Account. FREE

Deposit Bitcoins
Bitcoin deposits appear in your account automatically after 6 confirmations. FREE

Withdraw BTC
Bitcoin withdrawals are sent automatically within 1 minute. FREE

If your in the USA Deposit Cash at a Local Bank Branch
Cash deposits can be made at any of over 15,000 Chase or Wells Fargo branches.
You can deposit from $5 to $2,000 per day. There is a deposit fee of the higher of $1 or 1% of your deposit.
Email copy of reciept and your account credited in a few minutes.
ExchangeBitcoins charges a 0.54% fee for each completed trade.

Peace, n.omos

I'm going to make a deposit tomorrow at the local Chase branch and see what happens.  I've already opened an account. 

This exchange isn't as active as some but a lot easier to use considering the ability to deposit in a local bank.

Activity: 162
Merit: 100
August 17, 2011, 11:24:35 PM
Hi NittyBitty

Use www.exchangebitcoins.com

Open Account. FREE

Deposit Bitcoins
Bitcoin deposits appear in your account automatically after 6 confirmations. FREE

Withdraw BTC
Bitcoin withdrawals are sent automatically within 1 minute. FREE

If your in the USA Deposit Cash at a Local Bank Branch
Cash deposits can be made at any of over 15,000 Chase or Wells Fargo branches.
You can deposit from $5 to $2,000 per day. There is a deposit fee of the higher of $1 or 1% of your deposit.
Email copy of reciept and your account credited in a few minutes.
ExchangeBitcoins charges a 0.54% fee for each completed trade.

Peace, n.olmos
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
August 16, 2011, 08:45:21 PM
I HIGHLY suggest http://www.flexcoin.com/. I use them and I recommend it to all of my customers.

I deposited some coins there too. They seem nice, but they charge 0.01BTC or 0.5% (whichever is greater) for withdrawals.

How much do these services usually cost? And also, why do you think it is not a good idea to use an exchange? It is usually free to deposit/withdraw bitcoins at exchanges.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 344
August 16, 2011, 08:35:18 PM
So I was going to use mybitcoin (following the crowed), however it got hacked recently. The question is what wallet is the most popular after mybitcoin is gone?

Are there any wallet that stands out from a security perspective? Like hushmail is a more secure email provider then hotmail...

I HIGHLY suggest http://www.flexcoin.com/. I use them and I recommend it to all of my customers.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
August 16, 2011, 08:26:02 PM
One EWallet WalletBit uses what they describe as "secure card" as the method to help prevent unauthorized spend transactions.

Walletbit looks like a serious project, thanks for the tips.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
August 08, 2011, 06:09:15 AM
Are there any wallet that stands out from a security perspective?

Here's the list of eWallet providers.
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Category:EWallets

Most exchanges can be used as EWallets, though there are reasons why not to do so.  Those with multi-factor authentication (e.g., Mt. Gox's YubiKey, TradeHill's DuoSecurity and Camp BX's SMS Text) would be among the most secure against identity theft.

One EWallet WalletBit uses what they describe as "secure card" as the method to help prevent unauthorized spend transactions.
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/WalletBit
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
August 07, 2011, 09:38:42 PM
If you get infected with a wallet stealer, don't you think the hackers would have the decency to ALSO steal your passwords?

That's like breaking into someones house stealing the keys to their car but nothing else (ex: Car, Money...etc).
August 07, 2011, 08:46:41 PM
if this would have happened to me (mybitcoin) , I would start using a local wallet, encrypt it, save (usb, cd) but don't let anyone else make promises.
after mtgox, mybitcoin and the polish exchange I feel insecure what matters sufficient security needed to handle my money.

And when the trojans and keyloggers snatches your key, then what do you do?  Grin
For me bitcoin would just be a payment system, not a bank replacement and I do think there will be safe ewallets in the future like many other e-currencies out there. Hopefully such exists already today, but I haven't seen anyone standing out (yet). Most of them looks like new hobby projects. 
Activity: 5
August 07, 2011, 01:31:48 PM
if this would have happened to me (mybitcoin) , I would start using a local wallet, encrypt it, save (usb, cd) but don't let anyone else make promises.
after mtgox, mybitcoin and the polish exchange I feel insecure what matters sufficient security needed to handle my money.
August 07, 2011, 01:14:59 PM
So I was going to use mybitcoin (following the crowed), however it got hacked recently. The question is what wallet is the most popular after mybitcoin is gone?

Are there any wallet that stands out from a security perspective? Like hushmail is a more secure email provider then hotmail...
Pages:
Jump to: