Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the most expensive thing, you bought with Bitcoin? Does price matter? - page 2. (Read 1177 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
The most expensive thing that I bought with bitcoin was an investment. Yes, one investment. It is not a common bought and a classic one but is yet a bought. I "bought" this investment (offered from a Fund) in order to have more bitcoin. So I spend a big amount of bitcoin about three years ago. This amount of bitcoins was back to me not in bitcoin but in the amount of value they had in that time. This because the bitcoin invested in this Fund was stolen by the manager of it. And the business which was responsible for that investment decide to give to all the participants the amounts in us dollar of their investment in bitcoin but calculated with value of bitcoin three years ago. Better than nothing. Even the value of bitcoin three years ago was much less compared to it value today. But at least I had something.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
i don't look back if i for example buy something for 0.25btc when the price is $200, and right now the price is $360. it doesn't make sense as we buy something when we need it. i don't think like if i keep holding a bit more then i can buy more for the same amount. if i need it now, i will buy it now.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
We have all used Bitcoin, and most people are hesitant to buy expensive things with Bitcoin. Mostly ....because of what I call the "Pizza" effect.

I guess people think, if they buy something small today, and the price of Bitcoin doubles or triple tomorrow, they will have lost a lot less. How many of you, have that same thing

in mind, when you have to make purchasing decisions?

Example : Buy 1 pizza today {Price per Bitcoin = $300} ..... When the price increase to $600 per Bitcoin after a month, that same Bitcoins would have doubled in value.

I think people are less worried about that, because other currencies are a lot less volatile. Will you base your decision to buy something, on how expensive that item is, and

how much you could have had, if you did not buy it, and the price doubled or even tripled? 

To me, the price I pay today... will be the amount it was valued at the time of purchase... I would have paid for that in fiat for the same price anyway... the possibility that it's

price might double or triple within a day or a week or a month, is irrelevant.  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: