Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the most secure Two-Factor Authentication Solution? - page 2. (Read 2382 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
2fa google one, should be your best choice

personally i like the one with the code, which work on older phone also
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I don't trust 2-factor security for large transactions, because of the centralized service involved. Looking into multi-sig solutions ATM, maybe that's the future.

I recommend offline signage with Armory or Trezor!
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469
I've seen more movement in the space, and I wonder what is the most secure, or preferred two-factor solution for Bitcoin based accounts.

I suppose multi-sig transactions are a form of 2fa, would it be possible to make the process more fluid?

Would it be possible to actually use smart contracts with a two factor mechanism?

Do you trust Google 2fa or SMS based 2fa?

Do you think it's possible to create a more secure solution that is not centralized, or centralized is the way to go?

At the moment I use Google Authenticator. I think it's good enough.

However I would like to see a non-centralized solution.
For example having a BTC private key on the mobile, have the website or site generate a random text and signing it with the mobile.
Of course a modification would be required to keep the final signature short.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
I've seen more movement in the space, and I wonder what is the most secure, or preferred two-factor solution for Bitcoin based accounts.

I suppose multi-sig transactions are a form of 2fa, would it be possible to make the process more fluid?

Would it be possible to actually use smart contracts with a two factor mechanism?

Do you trust Google 2fa or SMS based 2fa?

Do you think it's possible to create a more secure solution that is not centralized, or centralized is the way to go?
Pages:
Jump to: