Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the next Dapp you want to see built? - page 2. (Read 365 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
February 05, 2020, 02:54:19 AM
I am assuming you speak of the project called DAPPS? I would have no idea TBH this is a different project to ours and I don't really follow their development. Particl the project I represent is also a Dapp platform but the Dapps are privacy/security focused in nature, the marketplace being the first of these Dapps to be built on our chain.
Activity: 73
Merit: 1
February 05, 2020, 01:45:19 AM
Are DAPPS really popular? dont know anybody who use it
legendary
February 05, 2020, 01:20:23 AM
I hear mobile marketplace will be sort of like a lite client, it will connect to an outside node to fast sync so you won't have to wait hours and use up shitloads of data to get online, also had some community members express to me the desire to build something similar to wickr so encrypted chat but would run a market node and help support network and would allow you to browse open market listings as well as private markets by entering what I guess you would call a "view key" to access the private market and view it's products/services, I do agree Mobile marketplace first, But it's interesting to know what some might like to see next after this  Smiley
Activity: 725
Merit: 501
Boycott Qatar 2022
February 04, 2020, 11:09:17 PM
A mobile marketplace would be awesome and I would hope that is the next cab off the rank.
legendary
February 04, 2020, 12:42:11 PM
Particl is built on latest BTC core codebase but has it's own smart contracts, this is where cold staking comes from (Invented by particl team) I suggest poking around our Wiki a little https://particl.wiki/start you will find guides and such there for setting up marketplace https://particl.wiki/tutorial/market/start?s[]=marketplace < that is the guide you will need to set up marketplace (this will become easier in future for now it is purposely made difficult so users need read guide and no coins are lost etc.)

Nice choice also I agree Video/movie sharing could be really cool  Cool ofc it would be governed just like marketplace and users would vote off undesirable content.. and basically the marketplace could be tweaked to get the Dapp built in half the time it took marketplace to build Wink it's all there just need to adjust marketplace layout to make it more suitable for a movie/video sharing app but pretty much everything else would be same as marketplace such as voting/flagging procedures.. I don't think this would be hard at all.. or take a long time to make a reality.. only issue is storage but there are solutions being looked into for this problem and I suspect in the near future it will no longer be a problem.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 162
February 04, 2020, 12:23:32 PM
It is the first time I heard about Decentralized Marketplace at first I thought it was like a DEX but I see some cart right there, I will download it later to get a better look. This could be huge in the future. I vote for Video/movie sharing I haven't seen a Dapp like that it is interesting but I already encountered  DEX, P2P forum/chat. Anyways I haven't read their whitepaper and other details. where is this "Particl" running in? Ethereum, EOS or they have their own blockchain?
legendary
February 04, 2020, 11:41:20 AM
So Particl platforms first privacy dapp is live and adoption although not overnight is steadily growing day in and day out, there is a lot of things that need to be added, tweeked, and played with before the marketplace can be considered "Mainstream ready" but we have a clear path and a strong vision and this is the direction we are heading (Learn more in our 2020 roadmap > https://particl.news/new-development-roadmap-released-b7b745b18309)

That said I thought it would be interesting to see what users would like to see added to the platforms infrastructure in the near future! as the SDK kit will become available for use in the coming months and it will soon be possible for more users to contribute to growing particl and the suit of privacy dapps it was designed to harbor. If there is another Dapp idea not in the poll feel free to comment and add your suggestion/idea that way.

Below is what dapps can look like! and remember this is real P2P software.. not a web wallet.

Pages:
Jump to: