Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the point of Litecoin if Bitcoin is THE cryptocurrency? - page 5. (Read 8097 times)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Taking it away from technical considerations and on to tangible commodities, can the same thing be said of silver?

"Why is there a point to silver if gold turns out to be THE precious metal?", would sound like a strange question to ask.

For me, Litecoin is to Bitcoin as silver is to gold.
Activity: 425
Merit: 262
Because people will always to seek security & also opportunity. That's why the other competitive or just supportive things come to exist, as long as they are more secure, has potential to grow. Anyway, don't you think the world is too boring if there's only one dominate thing?
Activity: 254
Merit: 250
litecoin does not have to be better than bitcoin to be successful. it does not even need to be as good. it can ride on bitcoin's coattails. now that it has a market cap that is over 1% of bitcoin's market cap, I don't see it going away.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Annuit cœptis humanae libertas
Quicker confirms, yes. Also, no ASICs, at least not yet, so GPU mining remains viable. Litecoin is also an excellent hedge if you wish to trade bitcoins without reverting to bankster paper. Some retailers do accept both coins too.

I'm a fan of both BTC and Ł. Heck, even namecoins may find their niche one day.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Hi Team,

I'm about a week into researching Bitcoin. I really think Bitcoin has great opportunities for growth and own 203.

My question is about Litecoin...how or why is there a point to Litecoin if Bitcoin turns out to be THE cryptocurrency?

It's a HUGE deal for a site (in my mind) to say that they accept Bitcoins for payment. Why or what influence these same sites to accept Bitcoin and Litecoin?

I just don't see the point of Litecoin, because I don't understand the point.

Especially with something like Bitcoin leading the way. In my opinion Litecoin doesn't have much of an advantage for the AVERAGE person. Sure I've heard that it's faster for confirmations...but I feel that for most people those extra 5 mins or so doesn't really matter.

What are your thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: