Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the point of mining anything but ETH? - page 2. (Read 362 times)

Activity: 166
Merit: 100
Claiming eth is the most profitable shows a lack of understanding of the ecosystem overall. I have been mining ZEC for the last 14 months over eth because I run all Nvidia stuff and I dont pay for power. Profitability is a case by case thing depending on a number of factors.

You are flat out wrong claiming its the most profitable to mine on Nvidia hardware.

E.G. - GTX 1070 @ 475 sols = $61/mo

GTX 1070 @ 26 mh  = $50/mo

How are you getting $61/mo? Are you using a calculator or are you using previous data that you have acquired from mining?
Activity: 322
Merit: 105
the premise is false. eth is most profitable for amd cards in some cases but thats about it. profitability changes by the minute and there are no absolutes in mining.

It pretty much the most profitable all around even with Nvidia (most of the time). In my case, i should have mentioned this, im mostly concerned with AMD because that is all that I have.

Is an was far from most profitable for NVIDIA and sometimes for AMD
Claiming eth is the most profitable shows a lack of understanding of the ecosystem overall. I have been mining ZEC for the last 14 months over eth because I run all Nvidia stuff and I dont pay for power. Profitability is a case by case thing depending on a number of factors.

You are flat out wrong claiming its the most profitable to mine on Nvidia hardware.

How do you personally gauge what is the most profitable coin to mine? WTM?

And you are right as far as Nvidia I have no personal experience but everyone I do talk to says they mine Equihash projects

So i agree I am wrong on that point
Activity: 2506
Merit: 319
I'm mostly mining EXPanse because it mines fast and its easier to hit payment threshold on most pools unlike ETH

Also, today EXP was more profitable, too Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 560

E.G. - GTX 1070 @ 475 sols = $61/mo

GTX 1070 @ 26 mh  = $50/mo
the premise is false. eth is most profitable for amd cards in some cases but thats about it. profitability changes by the minute and there are no absolutes in mining.

It pretty much the most profitable all around even with Nvidia (most of the time). In my case, i should have mentioned this, im mostly concerned with AMD because that is all that I have.
Activity: 952
Merit: 175
@cryptocommies
So ETH is pretty much the most profitable coin to mine most of the time. So why not just always mine ETH and if you don't really like ETH sell it to buy whatever coin you do want even if you could mine it from the get go? What strategies do you guys employ when mining as far as what you do with what you mine and how you decide on what to mine. Im talking specifically GPU's here.
Pages:
Jump to: