Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the probability of Bitcoin being replaced? - page 3. (Read 1874 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
So far bitcoin is having the biggest network support. This support is important for the continuous improvement of the protocol and no other alt-coin come close to this. So at the coming years, the probability of bitcoin being replace is very very low.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
I think it will not happen. bitcoin strength remains a magnet for many altcoin. bitcoin is the main originator of digital currency system. as well as the USD dollar. bitcoin be a force in the digital currency system today.

I believe so. For bitcoin to be replace,the possibility is very slim to none. An upgrade YES, but to create another cryptocurrency as popular as bitcoin is no. Bitcoins achievement is huge as it is called the mother of almost all altcoins.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 505
I think it will not happen. bitcoin strength remains a magnet for many altcoin. bitcoin is the main originator of digital currency system. as well as the USD dollar. bitcoin be a force in the digital currency system today.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
For temporary there are no coin that can be compare with bitcoin, bitcoin still the most famous and still the most used coin globally, but for a long term maybe there will be another coin to replace bitcoin its all depend on the coin user
Activity: 574
Merit: 252
Is Ethernum a threat to Bitcoin?

-Ethernum is faster than bitcoin
-has been gaining popularity
-its good for smart contracts.

Is Ethernum going to replace bitcoin, die out as a fad or coincide with bitcoin? Are we likely to see any altcoin possibly kill bitcoins or will bitcoin simply incorporate any improvements from altcoins, taking away all advantages.
It is kind of small i think,we see that bitcoin is pretty much big,and remember it was the first well known cryptocurrency.
Anyway in some time we will see it surely replaced by anything else,however i dont know when,maybe in 2025? 2030? hard to say.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116
The world is begging us to be ecash. My bet is if they find something that can scale, they'll jump on it, non-mining nodes be damned.
Activity: 699
Merit: 500
>There's billions already invested into bitcoin.
>It's pretty stable, compared to other cryptocurrencies.
>Lots of popular commercial giants/banks have already taken a leap of faith to integrate the technology.
>It's easier to obtain bitcoin, compared to any other cryptocurrency.
>Features can be reviewed/upgraded/removed pretty quickly.

It'll be difficult for any other coin to compete with bitcoin.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Well it did survive this long so it could just be the killer of bitcoin. Only time will tell.  Smiley
It did look like it was just a fad earlier this year when it dropped too some very low prices from what I remember when reading on the forum about people say "I told you so!" to others who bought into it early.
But they are laughing at them now for sticking with it this long.  Cheesy
It just keeps going up everytime I check on it on a daily basis. But then someone will see my post and say "Another sucker on the ethereum train! Roll Eyes".
But hey! I don't care! I want to jump on this train and take the ride that I missed out on with my stubborn ways when it came to bitcoin(it was $0.50 per BTC when I first heard about it Lips sealed).
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Is Ethernum a threat to Bitcoin?

-Ethernum is faster than bitcoin
-has been gaining popularity
-its good for smart contracts.

Is Ethernum going to replace bitcoin, die out as a fad or coincide with bitcoin? Are we likely to see any altcoin possibly kill bitcoins or will bitcoin simply incorporate any improvements from altcoins, taking away all advantages.
Pages:
Jump to: