Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the true potential of Blockchain and decentralisation? - page 2. (Read 194 times)

Activity: 57
Merit: 1
Attitude+knowledge+managing risk+timing= success
What do you think could be achieved by Blockchain and decentralisation in the future? For me the question is very much linked with decentralisatio of resources.

Some futurists believe we'll live in a post capitalist society; at present we have in many ways the worst aspects of capitalism- and the central banks, governments are dinosaurs who are failing to adapt, partly because of vested interests, partly because the systems in place are from the analogue era and so cumbersome they have no dynamism, or ability to change at all, and when something new happens they feel threatened.

I believe because of the rate of exchange of information in the digital age, the rate of change is exponential and at some point a lot of the old order will be rebuilt, to be more open to change but also a lot of decentralised communities may be able to in part break away from the remnant shackles of empire, banksters etc.

The issue of peer review and transparancy- unaccountable centralised apps, social media, platforms, exchanges etc may start seeing a user base drop once a competent decentralised competitor emerges, but of course we are some way away from seeing twitter, Google, youtube etc being challenged realistically.

I'd be interested in hearing people's views.
Pages:
Jump to: