Pages:
Author

Topic: what is whale - page 4. (Read 481 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 114
April 06, 2018, 03:59:57 AM
In cryptoworld a whale is a manipulator of the market with an investment strength to do so, swinging either which way as per whim.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
April 06, 2018, 03:37:46 AM
In usual markets, they called market maker. The person who can change the price in both ways and manipulate the market. 
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
April 06, 2018, 02:03:05 AM
A whale is a large investor with a lot of funds ranging from 2000 Bitcoins and above. He or she has the funds to manipulate the market as if he decides to invest in one coin, his funds could be able to drive the price up and if he decides to sell off, the price of the coin he invested could as well come down. That is how they manipulate the market
Activity: 994
Merit: 504
April 06, 2018, 01:56:17 AM
what is whale and why they can manipulate the market and how did they do it? I'm curious about that.
A whale is a greedy person that plans to in trap small people like us to a pump and dump scheme. They are all trying to manipulate the market.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
April 06, 2018, 01:49:42 AM
Thanks for the thought I have the same question too now I know so meaning the market price can really be manipulated by them?

In some instances they can manipulate how the market would go, I think they can create a scenario of pump and dumps, and this isn't just happening on top coins. The end result is that they're getting profit while others are losing.
Activity: 173
Merit: 1
April 06, 2018, 01:44:55 AM
A whale is a person that have plenty of a particular currency. For example a bitcoin whale is a person that have alot of bitcoin. It must be 1000btc and above to qualify as a whale. Price can be manipulated my a whale when they dump some of their bag which make people  to think that the price is dropping and cause people  to panic sell and they will buy back the dip and acquire  more btc. The can also pump the price by buying more of btc for example and people  will think  the price is pumping  and they will FOMO ( fear of missing Out)  the whale will dump on them and take profit.
Thanks for the thought I have the same question too now I know so meaning the market price can really be manipulated by them?
Activity: 228
Merit: 10
April 05, 2018, 02:36:08 PM
Whale is a specific person or some powerful organization. In the encrypted world, almost every coin is hidden in whale. They can control the rise or fall of the coin. In real time, when the market is very bad, they can also control the fluctuation of the price. Many whale are made up of miners, and sometimes they even combine media to make FUD.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008
April 05, 2018, 02:34:53 PM
we are all fishes swimming in a fish bowl but whales are the huge creators they swim in the ocean.
they make waves and eats everything so try to swim with them
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
April 05, 2018, 02:32:29 PM
the term whale was originally made to describe one of the only 1000 people that own 40% of the bitcoin. But nowadays people have been using the word more freely to describe all big money Bitcoin players in the crypto scene.

Activity: 2338
Merit: 365
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 05, 2018, 02:27:34 PM
what is whale and why they can manipulate the market and how did they do it? I'm curious about that.
which I know "whale" is a term for someone or a group with a large capital or over 1000 coins (Bitcoin), if this whale sells all their coins then the price will change drastically or the so-called "dump" and vice versa,  Roll Eyes

imagine if there are some people who have more than 1000 Bitcoin then sell its Bitcoin definitely the price will go down.
Activity: 231
April 05, 2018, 02:22:50 PM
Usually an investor with big funds may be over 100 Bitcoin is called a whale, they can easily dump and pump the coins especially the low capped ones if they buy or sell with all their investments, nowadays even bigger institutions and wall street money is also flowing into crypto they are also big manipulators due to backing of huge funds.
now i know, thank you for your help to understand about whale.
April 05, 2018, 02:19:56 PM
A whale is a person that have plenty of a particular currency. For example a bitcoin whale is a person that have alot of bitcoin. It must be 1000btc and above to qualify as a whale. Price can be manipulated my a whale when they dump some of their bag which make people  to think that the price is dropping and cause people  to panic sell and they will buy back the dip and acquire  more btc. The can also pump the price by buying more of btc for example and people  will think  the price is pumping  and they will FOMO ( fear of missing Out)  the whale will dump on them and take profit.
that's why I am always lost because im FOMO sometimes scared about the price won't up again.
Activity: 154
April 05, 2018, 02:15:08 PM
Whales are Large investors who can invest more than 1000 btc and even more and they can move the market up and down with their btc volume every exchange have whales
Activity: 285
Merit: 11
quarkchain.io
April 05, 2018, 02:14:07 PM
A whale is a person that have plenty of a particular currency. For example a bitcoin whale is a person that have alot of bitcoin. It must be 1000btc and above to qualify as a whale. Price can be manipulated my a whale when they dump some of their bag which make people  to think that the price is dropping and cause people  to panic sell and they will buy back the dip and acquire  more btc. The can also pump the price by buying more of btc for example and people  will think  the price is pumping  and they will FOMO ( fear of missing Out)  the whale will dump on them and take profit.
Activity: 812
Merit: 10
BountyMarketCap
April 05, 2018, 02:07:23 PM
Usually an investor with big funds may be over 100 Bitcoin is called a whale, they can easily dump and pump the coins especially the low capped ones if they buy or sell with all their investments, nowadays even bigger institutions and wall street money is also flowing into crypto they are also big manipulators due to backing of huge funds.
April 05, 2018, 02:00:00 PM
Pages:
Jump to: