Pages:
Author

Topic: What is with Buffett and Gates? - page 2. (Read 245 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
May 10, 2018, 06:07:24 PM
They both became wealthy with the last wave of changes (maybe buffet 1 wave before) and for them, the worlds just works in their way and its hard to adopt to new things.
They are overconfident in themselves (which is not wrong) and maybe blind for change.

Also crypto can become a way, they lose their power in society to someone new. i see tons of reasons why a person with tens of billions of dollars does not want to see or acknowledge change. They became who they are in the current setup.

not all are like that though. i know very wealthy people (forbes top 100) that are definitely flirting with the idea of crypto
Activity: 2310
Merit: 886
May 10, 2018, 05:58:15 PM
What does either of them have to gain by saying Bitcoin and other cryptos are a sham? They have more money than anyone else on Earth, and the fact is that cryptocurrencies have made many people wealthy. So how do we surmise that they have created an opinion that hurts the value, therefore taking away value and wealth from others, and to no value for themselves?
I believe that both of them have done a lot of good in the world. They have started programs that include health, education and research in some of the poorest places on Earth. The have brough food, access to clean water, and many other projects, like hospitals and schools.
But I believe that when one is enormously rich, one can believe that they know a lot about everything. They have the notion that they must be right most of the time, and that their opinions are based upon the idea that they became wealthy because they made a lot of smart decisions. And that is quite true.
But postulating on the value and longevity of something that fills a need but is not entirely understood is in my opinion not in their wheelhouse. I think that until crypto is understood and accepted by more people and institutions, people of power should not show ignorance? about something that is developing around them. We may be buying computers and software and stocks in the near future with coins that are being denigrated today.
You may know their history, how they achieved so great success. Their every moment was only "develope" and also as your mentioned, their choices were right too. It makes them mentally more confident (that's they key of win sometimes), they look things differently and sometimes don't like things what other people likes and believe they are all wrong. That's my opinion and I think that's a real reason, why does he hates bitcoin. If we think more deeply, it can be because he would never/ever be able to create such an amazing coin.
Activity: 1065
Merit: 510
May 10, 2018, 05:35:16 PM
Every person do have its freedom to say on what he does observe into a particular thing and crypto wont really be an exception where those wealthy man or personalities or famous ones would really have an impact on what they do say about bitcoin and crypto. Just let them be on the things they do say about bitcoin as long the community who do believe on this tech is huge and cant really be easily shake down by those words.
Activity: 30
Merit: 4
May 10, 2018, 05:03:02 PM
What does either of them have to gain by saying Bitcoin and other cryptos are a sham? They have more money than anyone else on Earth, and the fact is that cryptocurrencies have made many people wealthy. So how do we surmise that they have created an opinion that hurts the value, therefore taking away value and wealth from others, and to no value for themselves?
I believe that both of them have done a lot of good in the world. They have started programs that include health, education and research in some of the poorest places on Earth. The have brough food, access to clean water, and many other projects, like hospitals and schools.
But I believe that when one is enormously rich, one can believe that they know a lot about everything. They have the notion that they must be right most of the time, and that their opinions are based upon the idea that they became wealthy because they made a lot of smart decisions. And that is quite true.
But postulating on the value and longevity of something that fills a need but is not entirely understood is in my opinion not in their wheelhouse. I think that until crypto is understood and accepted by more people and institutions, people of power should not show ignorance? about something that is developing around them. We may be buying computers and software and stocks in the near future with coins that are being denigrated today.
Pages:
Jump to: