Pages:
Author

Topic: What is your favourite crypto wallet? - page 2. (Read 237 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 46
April 03, 2018, 01:29:38 PM
The most secure wallet option would be a hardware wallet--Trezor, Keepkey, or Ledger Nano. They cost more, but if you're holding a large sum of crypto, it's your best bet.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
April 03, 2018, 01:25:05 PM
blockchain, myetherwallet, metamark is the wallet type for the most favorite and most often used.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
April 03, 2018, 01:24:09 PM
I would say paper wallets are the best, but even though they're quite easy to setup, they're quite difficult to setup well. You'd have to take A LOT of safety precautions. So I'd suggest  using hardware wallets like the Trezor[1] and a Ledger Nano S[2] instead, as they're pretty easy to use, and you're pretty much safe as long as you store your recovery seed(s) safely, non-digitally.

As with IOTA though,  I'm pretty sure ledger and trezor are willing to add them, it's just that wallets in general for IOTA are just really bad right now. maybe in the future.

[1] https://trezor.io/
[2] https://ledgerwallet.com/
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
April 03, 2018, 01:01:25 PM
Online wallets (or exchanges) are something you want to stay away from. If they get hacked, your funds are gone.

Paper wallets are good but they can get wet etc. If you're not careful. They are also not that good when It comes to spending on a regular basis, as you will be exposing the private keys.

Hardware wallets (Precisely Trezor) is a very great choice and I would really recommend it and as for supporting your coin, they are actively working on adding more (I know that Monero is coming soon).
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
April 03, 2018, 12:40:33 PM
Hi guys,

I see lots of different wallets on the market. What would you suggest for a beginner? Hardware, paper or online?

The sound of Trezor is pretty good, I just wish they'd add a MIOTA Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: