Pages:
Author

Topic: what is your political preference? - page 5. (Read 4599 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
June 26, 2013, 11:36:55 AM
Help me here. Let's say I'd like to live in a society that can be best described as communist. However, I require all my adult comrads to be there of their free will, absolutely without State coercion of any kind. Does this make me a communist or an anarchist?

that makes you an anarcho-communist right?
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
June 26, 2013, 11:30:07 AM
Help me here. Let's say I'd like to live in a society that can be best described as communist. However, I require all my adult comrads to be there of their free will, absolutely without State coercion of any kind. Does this make me a communist or an anarchist?
legendary
June 26, 2013, 11:22:36 AM
That's the trick really isn't it? That's my only real problem with the leaders rulers we have now, they think too much like the Borg.

FTFY

The word leader applies a voluntary reciprocal relationship, a leader is chosen by those he leads. People in government thrust themselves upon you with or without your consent, this makes them rulers not leaders.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
June 26, 2013, 11:18:41 AM
My story:

classic liberal / right winged liberal -> libertarian -> anarcho-capitalist Smiley
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
June 26, 2013, 10:19:43 AM
I came from the left side (union blue-collar parents), I generally believed the right to be evil assholes when I was younger.  Gradually I saw the left were just as bad, but in different ways, was apolitical for a long time, then spent a couple of years as a minarchist lib, eventually realised it was inconsistent and explored anarchy ( the only option I hadn't yet thrown out ) for probably almost 2 years more before finally embracing it.

My anecdotal experience suggests though that libertarian types more commonly come from the right.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
June 26, 2013, 09:36:04 AM
I'd like to see an "evolve" poll. Like, if you are an Anarcho-Capitalist, or a Libertarian, or a Democrat/Republican, were you always like that, or did you "evolve" from a prior political affiliation? Mostly, though, I'm curious if libertarian types came from the big R or the big D.
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
June 26, 2013, 09:17:02 AM
I'm a Democrat, but the way things are going these days, I'm seriously tempted to switch to Green party.  Democratic presidency is definitely better than the alternative, but I'm getting rather tired of voting for the lesser of two evils and all.

as i understand it gill stein wants a "green new deal" which involves stealing money from one group of people in order to give it to another. if stealing is infact wrong than voting for the green party would be voting for the lesser of 3 evils, not much better than the lesser of 2.

They believe that the government can do good if only they are in power.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
June 26, 2013, 02:23:27 AM
I'd like human beings to stop comitting armed robbery against me and stop threatening me with years in a dungeon if i dont use their services. Too much to ask ?

Dont care much for labels, but throw me in as a anarcho-capitalist/consentualist/voluntaryist.

This.
Activity: 502
Merit: 251
June 25, 2013, 07:33:07 PM
I'd like human beings to stop comitting armed robbery against me and stop threatening me with years in a dungeon if i dont use their services. Too much to ask ?

Dont care much for labels, but throw me in as a anarcho-capitalist/consentualist/voluntaryist.
legendary
June 25, 2013, 06:44:19 PM
I'm a Democrat, but the way things are going these days, I'm seriously tempted to switch to Green party.  Democratic presidency is definitely better than the alternative, but I'm getting rather tired of voting for the lesser of two evils and all.

as i understand it gill stein wants a "green new deal" which involves stealing money from one group of people in order to give it to another. if stealing is infact wrong than voting for the green party would be voting for the lesser of 3 evils, not much better than the lesser of 2.
legendary
Activity: 1540
June 25, 2013, 06:36:30 PM
Ugh, vote for what you believe in, not the group that you think will win if you decide to vote at all, I actually voted for the Green Party because even from an early age I despised the main parties and thought at least by voting third party something interesting might happen but of course that's before I knew the whole system was rigged and learned about the way the world actually works. These days though I know my beliefs about government and the way people can live their lives without it aren't at all popular with the loyalist crowd so I just support stuff like Bitcoin which is far more practical an option.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
June 25, 2013, 06:27:29 PM
legendary
June 23, 2013, 07:33:54 PM
That's the trick really isn't it? That's my only real problem with the leaders we have now, they think too much like the Borg.
Activity: 140
June 23, 2013, 01:25:35 PM
I consider myself to be an-cap, but I don't mind any means of human interaction as long as they are voluntary. I don't even mind communism as long as they don't force it upon me Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007
June 19, 2013, 06:58:41 AM
decentralist and variety-ist  Smiley
legendary
June 19, 2013, 06:37:35 AM
Anarchist leaning Libertarian Cheesy
Activity: 126
Capitalism is the crisis.
June 19, 2013, 05:38:56 AM
Y U NO enable multivote?
Prepper/anarchafeminist, ect. here.

Also, dear anarchocapitalists:
 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2516309
legendary
Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008
June 19, 2013, 05:17:09 AM
All of the above.
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
June 19, 2013, 04:39:55 AM
Basically,

I don't know about the politics at my internet provider, nor who the leader is.   I just care that there is competition and I get the deal and level of service I want and change provider if I want.
I don't know about the politics at my telephone provider, nor who the leader is.   I just care that there is competition and I get the deal and level of service I want and change provider if I want.

etc,etc...

What I want is the same for my security provider.  Instead, it is a monopoly with outrageous (and compulsory) fees and a crap level of service that I can supposedly improve but only by voting for the right person and that has never once shown to lead to improvement in the past. 
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!
June 19, 2013, 03:34:52 AM
I consider myself as a proponent of anarcho-capitalism
Pages:
Jump to: