Pages:
Author

Topic: What is your strategy to buying altcoins at different prices? - page 2. (Read 219 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 106
Telegram Moderator, Hire me
It all depends on the market, when you bought a coin with a 2$ price and doubled your investment and you wanted to buy back but the price won’t go back to 2-3$ and still going up, then if you believe that this coin will go further you can buy it 5$ (based to your example) and monitor its price and hold it until it reach its highest price and then sell it when it started to dump.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
Mostly this question is depend to the market situation because sometimes market condition makes you able to only earn profit and almost all coins gives you good profit with the high price of the market,
Activity: 1750
Merit: 186
Let say there is a coin that is worth say 2 dollars.  You read about it on this forum or through google and believe this coin will go up a lot.  Now the coin goes up to say 5 dollars or so.  You wanted to get some at 2 dollars but did not because you wanted to get a decent amount.  The coin then goes all the way to say 5 dollars or even 10 dollars.  Thus if you buy it, you cannot get as much of it as oppose to you buying it at 2 dollars.  If you think a coin will hit 20 dollars at least in the future, does that mean if it goes to 5 dollars, just buy it?  The thing is i kept wanting it to drop back to 3 or 2 dollars so i could get a decent amount.  Then the coin just kept going higher and higher.  So my thoughts are i cannot multiply the money that much if its 5 or 10 dollars as oppose to buying it at 2 dollars.  So i want to know what is your strategy for buying altcoins at different prices.  Thus if you think a coin will hit 20 dollars, will you buy it even at 5 or 10?  Obviously if you ask someone not in cryptocurrency, obviously that would be yes because thats a huge gain.

Say you have 5 coins that you want to buy.  You believe all these coins will at least double... some coins might 10x or 25x or 50x etc.  You can buy now but you won't be able to get as much shares of a coin that you like etc.  So do you wait for price to drop... or you just buy it now?  The thing is do you ever set a price where okay if this coin hits 5 dollars, im automatically buying no matter what because if you wait any longer, it could be 7 or 10 etc. 

There have been a number of coins i wanted to get but i didn't buy it because i kept wanting it to dip so i could buy it at lower price... only for it to go higher where it doesn't look like the price will ever drop down to the price i want it to be.  I mean you could say its like btc.  Now if you wanted to buy btc at 500 but didn't and waited for it to drip but didn't, then waited and btc kept going up, don't you all say you shouldn't have waited because the price of 500 and 600 isn't that big since the coin went up so high?  However with altcoins its much different because these coins can't hit those btc prices right?
Pages:
Jump to: