Pages:
Author

Topic: What life lessons have you learned.. - page 2. (Read 1125 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
December 22, 2013, 06:14:54 PM
it's amazing how some people could get burned time after time, yet they never learn.. and persist to commit the same mistakes they've made. i'm probably naturally gullible so i had to learn how to question everything.
I try to look at everything as a scam, until it's confirmed it isn't. Saves you from some trouble, that's for sure.

i think that then becomes a problem too. being neutral is probably the best, but i often tend to look at things as scams as well. being that cynical does have purposes, but it just makes you a much more negative thinker.

for example, i briefly told my uncle what bitcoin was.. and before gathering up enough information, he told me that it was a scam because "nothing could grow by that much." it's almost as if he lives in a bubble, and before making decisions.. he doesn't consider all of the pertinent facts.
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
December 22, 2013, 06:13:09 PM
it's amazing how some people could get burned time after time, yet they never learn.. and persist to commit the same mistakes they've made. i'm probably naturally gullible so i had to learn how to question everything.
I try to look at everything as a scam, until it's confirmed it isn't. Saves you from some trouble, that's for sure.
December 22, 2013, 06:10:42 PM
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
December 22, 2013, 06:07:45 PM
"Don't trust anyone" is the only foolproof rule to protect you from getting scammed. Doesn't work for the other party though.
December 22, 2013, 06:04:26 PM
when it comes to protecting yourself from scams/scam artists?

for me, i was 19.. and i was lured in by the charm of a snake oil salesman. he had a lot of charm and charisma, so i bought the "from rags to riches story." as it turned out, i ended up losing $450 (which is a lot to a 19 year old) and quickly learned what a pyramid scheme was.

over the years, i have had to learn how to ask questions to protect myself.
Pages:
Jump to: