Pages:
Author

Topic: What Makes Bitcoin So Special? - page 11. (Read 2145 times)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 311
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
October 02, 2018, 08:09:07 AM
of course, in terms of price and usefulness, as long as this bitcoin is the price that is always increasing and the best place for long-term investments, the results are quite promising. So bitcoin is the most special and special coin for all investors and users
absolutely right because with the ever-increasing and expensive prices that make bitcoin special and its usefulness as the best and most promising investment place
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
October 02, 2018, 08:45:48 AM
Well, in my understanding, btc is so special in a way that this is the first ever digital currency to operate successfully with a very high equivalent market price value that no other cryptocurrency had surpass. BTC can be either be good for investment and also good as a payment system where it is now widely adopted worldwide. Currently, BTC had gained many supporters worldwide since they had witnessed the ATH last Q4 of 2017 where it is also expected by the many people in the crypto community to make another history same as last year. Though btc involves high risk investment but it does give high return of investment in due time.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
October 02, 2018, 08:02:12 AM
I also think the secrecy and uncertainty about the identity of Satoshi Nakamoto gives Bitcoin that extra mystique that other

coins do not have. You know, when you buy an item or a collectable ( Antique ), you always pay a bit more, if there are a

good story attached to that item and the same goes for Bitcoin. A lot of people hear the story of Satoshi and Lazlo and they

become emotionally attached to the whole thing. (Most people also like the fact that a lot of the Bitcoin supporters have to

fight for the technology to survive, when all the odds are stacked against them)  Wink
Activity: 345
Merit: 100
October 02, 2018, 07:24:40 AM
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
October 02, 2018, 07:21:07 AM
of course, in terms of price and usefulness, as long as this bitcoin is the price that is always increasing and the best place for long-term investments, the results are quite promising. So bitcoin is the most special and special coin for all investors and users
Activity: 102
Merit: 3
Purchase real estate and cars at discounted prices
October 02, 2018, 06:56:47 AM
Bitcoin is special because it's the first and most trusted cryptocurrency. What op writes in the article, however, largely seems to be true for most of cryptocurrencies and is more about the advantages of blockchain and limited supply, rather than bitcoin specifically. So if we talk about why blockchain is special, our company decided to adopt blockchain, because it makes the transactions a lot easier and faster than while dealing with banks. As we have partners in different countries, we are used to issues like a lot of time for a Swift transfer to be processed and very significant transaction fees. We will accept only our tokens as payment on the platform, because we don't want to fall victims of the extremely volatile crypto market in general.
Activity: 257
Merit: 0
October 02, 2018, 06:29:40 AM
First of all, human nature requires freedom. Don't ignore that. For the first time, this was an idea like Bitcoin. Nobody knows nobody's wallet unless the owner wants it. This is very important in my opinion.

Many government agencies of the world community are making significant efforts to control bitcoin. For pro-government organizations and controllers of the world economy, Bitcoin as a “bone in the throat”.
It is safe to say that: YES! Bitcoin is freedom !! And so he is so special and many states don't like.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 342
October 02, 2018, 06:21:14 AM
First of all, human nature requires freedom. Don't ignore that. For the first time, this was an idea like Bitcoin. Nobody knows nobody's wallet unless the owner wants it. This is very important in my opinion.
Activity: 451
Merit: 15
Investor
October 02, 2018, 06:18:19 AM
I think bitcoin is special because it is control and manage by yourself no third party need to tell you how you should run your investment that is why is called a decentralized platform, secondly bitcoin is the most special coin among other coins in cryptocurrency because of it potential and the row it playing as the first crytpocurrency coin in blockchain technology which make him the king among other coins. 

This is so true. Actually any other coins as same as the bitcoin. But the thing with bitcoin is, it is the first and no other coin can beat it. This is really efficient and effective in all sides. At the same time it is really good to know that no one has the control into it.
October 02, 2018, 06:15:05 AM
Any alternative currency has the same properties as Bitcoin, minor differences are in a smaller scope and, accordingly, the price of them. The peculiarity of Bitcoin is that in the practical implementation of an alternative currency, conversion into local Fiat currency occurs through Bitcoin. Such a regulator for any alternative. This is the main uniqueness and significance of Bitcoin.

ecли cooбщeниe былo пoлeзнo, я бyдy paд + Зacлyгa   Wink
Activity: 395
Merit: 14
October 02, 2018, 06:11:13 AM
For me   what makes Bitcoin special  is  the  technology behind it the Blockchain Technology that can Improve our lives in the future  and also can  make   our transaction more easier. And also the Idea  that   can  transact or transfer coins without middle man on it. Lastly it is limited  and rare.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
October 02, 2018, 06:00:43 AM
I think bitcoin is special because it is control and manage by yourself no third party need to tell you how you should run your investment that is why is called a decentralized platform, secondly bitcoin is the most special coin among other coins in cryptocurrency because of it potential and the row it playing as the first crytpocurrency coin in blockchain technology which make him the king among other coins. 

In my personal opinion Bitcoins is special as it's not a centralised coin, it's decentralised and that saves my taxes. The very fact that I can send huge amounts across the border paying cents is a major bonus, had I choose to pay via banks or PayPal the fees would have killed me. It's pertinent to note that it's appreciating prices is what makes it desirable, as no other asset class can give such huge returns in a short period of time.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
October 02, 2018, 05:57:52 AM
Many things make Bitcoin special and different from other things. Bitcoin has a centralized system, guaranteed security and also a very sophisticated system. For me Bitcoin is an answer for the financial system in the future. Bitcoin uses Blockchain Technology and this makes bitcoin a system that is in great demand by many people in the world.
Activity: 144
Merit: 1
October 02, 2018, 05:50:56 AM
You are correct. I too, believe that bitcoin is special since it is the first crypto currency created. It marks and it is rooted in the heart of every crypto investor.
October 02, 2018, 05:41:44 AM
Circulation of concepts !!
Bitcoin is so popular and in demand, not because he, as the author "https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/what-makes-bitcoin-so-special-5029920" points out, is decentralized, immutable, anti-fractal and poor, but because it is the first practical implementation of the ability to evaluate, accumulate and implement information on the Internet. Being the main concept of Bitcoin has become the basis for alternative currencies. As the first car, on the basis of which construction principles the automotive industry further developed.
If in the future any alternative currency implements the new principles of existence and sale of information, then Bitcoin is unlikely to be able to hold the first place in the popularity and demand rating.
In the meantime, Bitcoin is popular - it is expensive, and expensive because it is popular.

if the post was useful, I will be glad + Merit  Wink
Activity: 457
Merit: 100
October 02, 2018, 05:20:06 AM
Activity: 378
Merit: 108
September 16, 2018, 10:25:25 AM
Activity: 34
Merit: 8
September 16, 2018, 09:12:30 AM
1. if your not running their rules your not on their network
2. core only had 35% acceptance of the segwit changes. but the devs who love segwit proposed a mandatory accept or get banned/rejected off the network that was mandated to occur in august. so its not a free spirited system as you presume.
3. yes its how it works today. but thats not the correct way. its not the way it always worked or the way it worked in satoshi's day.

1: true,  but if only a few developers who control the github were in the vast minority of a consensus change, we would all fork away from them.  We would all be happy about this, and if its truly UN-contentious we would all move like a herd in lock-step.  As a matter of fact, not upgrading to their code would be all the move that would be necessary while we take future upgrades from a different github.
2: wasnt the mandatory thing that happened in Aug of 2017 the UASF?  Didnt the users of nodes, not the developers on bitcoin.org threaten that action?

Frank, thx for your comments, im going to edit the article on medium taking your input into consideration.

Paul
Activity: 52
September 16, 2018, 08:49:15 AM
bitcoin is you can earn through mining with the use of computer processors to mine and it's called blockchain
every blockchain have difficulty, i don't know what is difficulty in blockchain.. and bitcoin is very special... with the use of miner like Sha 256 and antminer s9. and mining software direct to your wallet and you can convert  it as currency, the bitcoin is digital currency because you cannot touch it, but you can convert it as money..
another special in bitcoin, is non taxable.. because they not monitor the bitcoin. because bitcoin is decentralized blockchain..
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
September 16, 2018, 08:37:09 AM
but as long as the rest of the interested parties are ok with how they approve code they will continue to be allowed to do so(Or rather, people will continue to run their node).  Isnt that how it works?  

double edged question
1. if your not running their rules your not on their network
2. core only had 35% acceptance of the segwit changes. but the devs who love segwit proposed a mandatory accept or get banned/rejected off the network that was mandated to occur in august. so its not a free spirited system as you presume.
3. yes its how it works today. but thats not the correct way. its not the way it always worked or the way it worked in satoshi's day.

a few years ago it used to be multiple software bases with no mandated date of activation of their proposals. but if a majority consensus of utility was seen of a different software then the proposals of that software would get activated. but now it all has to go through core. and any other proposal attempts are required to go through core. anything not acceptable to core is deemed as an attack.
the important definition of true decentralisation is that there is no single point of an attack and nothing to be attacked. so having the mindset that something is being attacked. is admitting there is a point of attack. thus not decentralised.

as for the interested parties. well the whole 'consensus roadmap' was designed to get certain businesses funded by a certain group to be the interested parties. and all pull rank to maneuver the process of 35%->100% along before november 2017.

again even the interested parties are one sided, whilst everyone else is left to just follow the interested parties or go play with a different network coin elswhere.

bitcoin went from no control anyone and everyone is treated as an interested party and everyone have an equal level of participation. to being a ranking system/monarchy.

its one of the reasons satoshi left. he didnt want to be the 'go to' guy that vetted it all. he didnt want to review everyones code. he wanted consensus to decide, not him. though many twisted his words to say that he was not happy with so many differing versions of the software which he could not review, as their way of pushing towards a central hub as their solution.
Pages:
Jump to: