Pages:
Author

Topic: What one aspect of Bitcoin intrigues/fascinates you the most? - page 2. (Read 1093 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I like the fact that it has a fixed maximum amount of coins with no government printing it into oblivion.
Activity: 7
Advantages: not controlled by a bank, no fees, mine is mine (governments have reduced influence on BTC).

Disadvantages: if I can't touch it, I don't own it.

My idea is to buy some BTC as a investment, who knows what the future holds. The financial markets today are a joke. Fiat currencies always fail.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
The #1 reason for me is that it's not controlled by any bank.  It's peer to peer money.  My assets are safe.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
The fact that cryptocurrency has the potential to be the cash of the internet is the single most intriguing thing about it for me. Being a heavy supporter of the right to privacy, and seeing the way governments and corporations are encouraging the use of easily trackable/freezable assets, such as cellphone wallets and credit cards, I think that Bitcoin has the potential to provide a "safe-haven" for people who don't want every Tom, Dick, and Harry knowing their business, or losing all of their money to an overzealous government silencing campaign.

It also doesn't hurt that it sounds like something Neal Stephenson should have come up with for "Snow Crash," and that I'm interested in the cryptographic side of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I feel like if I had to choose the top two things that interest me the most about Bitcoin are they way in which they are mined, and also the founder. I spend sometime every day, just trying to learn about these two things and how interesting they are, and the way in which they work!
Activity: 1
I am interested in hard wallets. This seems a nice way to store bitcoins for the future!
rtw
Activity: 6
There are numerous things about bitcoin that intrigue me. The mining process. Deflation and finite amount. The network. The transaction methods. Satoshi Nakamoto Smiley . Too many to list.

If I had to say what intrigues me the most about bitcoin it would be the possibilities of its use. Its a pretty vague statement but I think that the possibilities of Bitcoins use in normal everyday transactions makes it so intriguing. There are so many unknowns, as well as unknown unknowns.

What intrigues you the most about bitcoin?
Pages:
Jump to: