Pages:
Author

Topic: What percentage of traders/investors make/lose money? - page 2. (Read 296 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0
Non institutional traders are usually unprofitable and even more most of them are bankrupt but newbies replace them constantly.
There are much more successful people among investors because they do not trade every day and they do not use margin trading. The crucial secret of investors is less orders I mean that investors waits nice price then buy an asset and hold. 
Activity: 350
Merit: 41
When I see those prices, especially Substratum and Sia, it just makes me want to buy more. Yes, they were inflated prices back at the beginning of the year (along with the rest of the market), but they are solid projects and should bounce back quickly once the overall market starts to recover. And to the question of making money when the markets are like this, I know plenty of people who make a ton of money taking advantage of the increased volatility. Not for the faint of heart, but if you keep your head screwed on and your emotions in check, there's opportunities galore.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 186
So i have a list of altcoins on blockfolio program that i use where i put down the coins to watch etc because many posters spoke so great about these coins.  I did not buy these coins but there is 1 or 2 coin that i did bought where the value has plummeted but not like these below.

Some of these coins a while back people said that are great.  These are the prices when i put i on blockfolio before when i recorded and price now

sia coin  0.08 0.01
substratum  3.06  0.32
spectracoin  4.56  0.24
oyster pearl  0.93  0.25
electroneum  0.10 0.01

So with these coins people spoke about... they have fallen over 80%.  Spectracoin when i put it on blockfolio at 4.56 when people spoke great about it and prices kept going higher, its now 0.24.  The same can be said of substratum.  Also people talked a lot about electroneum.  It was 10 cents and i thought about buying because of all the things people spoke about it.  Now its about 1 cent.  So basically anyone that bought it at 10 cents has lost 90% of its value.  Thus if you put $1000 in it, you lost $900.  If you put $10000 in it, you lost $9000.

So with the market like this the last few months, how are people even making any money?  So basically anyone that is trading from say few months ago, i have to assume a huge percentage of people have to be down money trading right?  Unless you bought ETH, thats one of the few coins where it was up or not down that much depending on when you bought it.

Those of you that bought altcoins where the value has dropped at least 80%, i assume very few are selling right?  I mean that would be an 80% loss minimum.   Or 90 or 95%.  I also read thread where ppl said oyster pearl is a scam?  I mean does anyone here think these altcoins can drop another 80%?  That would mean spectra coin would go from 4.56 to 0.24 all the way to 2 cents.  And electroneum go from 10 cent to 1 cent to 0.001.

So my question to the traders out there, in the last few months, what percentage of traders are even making any money from this?  Unless you are buying at the dips and selling at the highs and always get it right, then doesn't it seem at least 90% of traders are losing money the last few months?  Example you could but btc or altcoin at a price.  Wait for it to go up 10 percent and sell it.  Thus you lock in profit.  You wait for dip, it dips and now you buy.  Now you wait and price go back up 5 percent and you sell and profit.  Dip happens again and you buy again.  The issue now is everything keeps dropping and doesn't go back up.  Now you don't have any loss unless you sell, but look at the altcoins like spectracoin, electroneum etc.  They are down 90 percent.  How do traders even make any money when the market is like this.  Sure there are certain coins that are up in profit but these are very few since if btc goes up, everything goes up.  But btc has been dropping so everything drops.  But with these altcoins, they are falling like 90%. 

How do traders even make money like this?  Example you might say look at the coins i listed above.  Well buy it now since they are so low.  But what if electroneum drops to 0.001 from 0.01.  That would be another 90% loss.  The same can be said of spectracoin etc.  I mean it could go down to 2 cents.  That mean it was 4.56 all the way to 0.24 then to 0.02.  Does that mean you just have to invest in new coins that you think would pump and dump?  Of course you have to buy and sell at right time which is basically a guess.
Pages:
Jump to: