Pages:
Author

Topic: what qualities does a coin need to survive this bear? - page 2. (Read 603 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 101
the main thing to survive in this bear is the product or platform and the community or the user, so these two points are very important to have a coin so they can survive and can quickly get up if the market has recovered. look at binance coin BNB, the BNB has a great product that is binance exchange and has a very large user.
Activity: 980
Merit: 294
A good following perhaps? People believing in a coin would give it a good chance of keeping it afloat in times like these so developers should really put work in how they market their coins to the public.
Having a good team is essential for the coin to keep breathing, of course they'll be the one who will plan marketing strategy that will enhance their image in the community, yes some hype can help but not too much, might as well be beneficial in a long run.

I think a coin should have a completely new and different idea. Like, it should aim to solve a particular problem faced by many people, or something like that.
A fresh idea likewise will be the edge of a coin over others as investors always look for something that will lift thus stand out in everything.

However, as we've seen new ico tokens, it's hard for them to reach even their ico price since many had lost trust to them otherwise no plans for buy back method. Better yet put our money to the strong ones.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
I think a coin should have a completely new and different idea. Like, it should aim to solve a particular problem faced by many people, or something like that. If the idea is strong, people will obviously never stop using it unless it is replaced by something better. As Bitcoin highly dominates the crypto market, I think aggressive promotion will also be needed so as to obtain a strong community.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
A good following perhaps? People believing in a coin would give it a good chance of keeping it afloat in times like these so developers should really put work in how they market their coins to the public.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
Decentralisation yes.

I would say another key characteristic is a 'shipped' product. A working product. So many of these projects / ICOs are priced on hype and pure speculation. Those that are out there and functioning I think are being valued for that function. Doge is just as good an example of this as Bitcoin!

Privacy coins too? I think the crypto bear market is coinciding with some crises in more traditional markets + countries experiencing hyper-inflation. Dash has stayed strong and I wonder if its adoption in Venezuela has something to do with that?

I'm invested in and interested in POS privacy coin Spectrecoin, it's got the best tech and remains 'undiscovered', but can't see that lasting too much longer, especially when they launch stealth staking.

Agreed

Some legit projects like Spectrecoin (successor of ShadowCash) with proof-of-stealth (or anonymous PoS staking) are definately would find its floor and soar with a next bull market on tech alone

There ICO’s that ate really against all odds will  stand because of its working products that's  really essential to the the life of the people like product that would make life  easier products that promotes technology services and the likes, ICO's like those will  not depend on the price of cryptocurrency movement it become independent to the market trends because many will patronize their products due to need.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Decentralisation yes.

I would say another key characteristic is a 'shipped' product. A working product. So many of these projects / ICOs are priced on hype and pure speculation. Those that are out there and functioning I think are being valued for that function. Doge is just as good an example of this as Bitcoin!

Privacy coins too? I think the crypto bear market is coinciding with some crises in more traditional markets + countries experiencing hyper-inflation. Dash has stayed strong and I wonder if its adoption in Venezuela has something to do with that?

I'm invested in and interested in POS privacy coin Spectrecoin, it's got the best tech and remains 'undiscovered', but can't see that lasting too much longer, especially when they launch stealth staking.

Agreed

Some legit projects like Spectrecoin (successor of ShadowCash) with proof-of-stealth (or anonymous PoS staking) are definately would find its floor and soar with a next bull market on tech alone

Activity: 546
Merit: 122
Decentralization for sure, a clear and objective project, to follow the roadmap without paying attention to the price, and to count on the support of a community strong and interested in the project in the long term, not just speculate and get out.
Activity: 56
According to my own observations, I decided that bears choke any currency despite its advantages, etc. Sad...  Embarrassed
Activity: 6
Decentralisation yes.

Activity: 79
I think that we need a ready-made product that people would use right now. because many coins so far only projects and so far only promise that in the future they will give something to us. and those that are already used in life are very few
Activity: 1138
Merit: 574
No qualities are required when you see DOGE.

it really has no quality because the coin will only depends on the users in the market even you have the good quality in the end the end users will judge you if your coin will last.

Maybe that's a kind of quality after all ?
Most peoples want a coin backed by a company because it mostly guarantee a development and (maybe) a ROI.
Activity: 287
Merit: 10
if the development team is strong and innovation in blockchain and coin team attend blockchain conference we can trust those coins and buy and hold those coins
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
based on what majority of people in altcoin market define survival it means a coin that only stays around and has minimal trading volume. nothing else is important. the coin can stop functioning or stop producing new blocks, they will call it "survival".
based on that definition almost all of the altcoins (at least 95% of them) will survive for a longer time even with all the dumps that are going on and eventually the pumps will begin.

however if we change the definition of "survival" to having real adoption apart from speculators then about 85% of them area already dead even though they may have very high prices.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
does it need any? will there be a unifying characteristic that leaves certain coins standing where others have fallen?

i'm going to say that the less centralization there is, the greater the chance a coin has of living to fight another day.

a prime example of this is doge. it's been around for what feels like forever. no one's really in control of it. it wasn't created for the specific reason of lining the pockets of a small bunch of assholes. it's just overtaken zcash, the coin put together a bunch of geniuses, on coinmarketcap.

similarly unless it gets its act together litecoin will come out of it alot stronger than BCH for very similar reasons.

is there anything to that theory? is there anything else that you've noticed?

Doge is here for long time just because it is a very simply and friendly coin, most users start to use it at the very beginning of their crypto interest and it has some sentimental value for them - it is a key for long-term survival in my opinion. Recent Doge pump is due announced Dogethereum bridge, project that will allow Doge to use Ethereum network, this is why is overtaken Zcash.

Many coins will survive this market, most of people just look for ones that can bring them biggest profit - but besides Dogecoin who is last for so long time, if coin have no real purpose other then pump/dump it will fail with time. For example all forked BTC, I do not see any purpose for them to exist in long term, how they can be better then BTC or more accepted by people?
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
No qualities even the best coins they say are even depending on its community. When there's no community that supports that coin it won't survive at all.

Low market cap, no/low volume trade shows that coin won't survive unless there's a huge news that will come to save it that will encourage its community to have and gain something. Doge has been popular as a memecoin and the community loves it so that's how its surviving until now even there's no more lead dev.
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
I don't think they need anything to survive this bear market all of them including bitcoin have crashed, most coins are below ico price now, if they will deliver a good product in the future they may rise again otherwise even exchanges delist them.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
The main thing I've noticed is how the relationship of trading pairs brings every coin down together, regardless of its individual merits. I've looked at quite a few smaller cap ERC20 coins, and they're all staying at a consistent level vs ETH - so when ETH falls against the US$, these fall the same amount, or thereabouts. And this is true enough for bigger coins as well, whether ETH or BTC is the dominant pair for trading, and for ETH itself being half of a trading pair with BTC.
All of crypto is moving down together, and what we need is for the markets to mature a bit and for each coin to be easily and directly tradeable vs fiat. Only then will they be able to stand on their own strengths, and not be pulled up and down by BTC.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 342
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
It really depends on the success of a certain project. If the project is successful, more people will attempt to buy their coin. A successful project is based on its credibility and its their good team. There are many scammers with new projects. That is why people fear to enroll in such a project. Many investments are taking place in that project. So if we are talking about quality, then I would say, the team and the content of such a project. These two are the fundamental of any good project.  
Activity: 658
Merit: 282
a prime example of this is doge. it's been around for what feels like forever. no one's really in control of it.

Isn´t the real reason why Doge is still around that Doge has a healthy community?
After all if a coin has some community support there is at least a certain percentage of people,
who will buy a few coins occasionally and others might devote a little development time
or build a project on top of the coin.

The problem with the coins that are just founded to enrich the founders is that the
developers often lose interest when the price drops (as they often own a huge percentage
of the total supply) and people start to lose interest in the coin. Just take a look at promising altcoins
from 2015 or 2016. Some of them were completely abandoned by the developers as a result
of a continuous price decline, which kind of makes sense if they were only in it
for the money anyway.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 262
No qualities are required when you see DOGE.

it really has no quality because the coin will only depends on the users in the market even you have the good quality in the end the end users will judge you if your coin will last.
Pages:
Jump to: