Pages:
Author

Topic: What Role does Exchanges Play in Fighting Pump and Dump? - page 2. (Read 257 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
Pump and dump is a big threat to cryptocurrency and this discourages many people from investing. Consequently, there were rumours that some exchanges such as Binance have means of preventing this. However, recent revelations show that such activities are happening even in the top exchanges. Do you think exchanges can do anything about this menace?
I really think it is impossible to avoid pump and dump, how can you distinguish a natural interest by investors in a new and unknown coin to the manipulations exercised by an investor or group of investors? Such activities are illegal as we know but due to the nature of this market and the secretive nature of such groups finding those responsible which will be the only way to stop this is very difficult.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
I dont think so. They should have nothing to do with it. That is the deal. If one exchange will do manipulate one crypto currency then I guess they should be sued.
It is the same as manipulating fiat money.

Keeping more to add demand and selling more to make it cheaper. That is bad move and the gains are only on their side. That is being a monster.

This is currency we are talking about. Currency!
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
Pumps and dumps are fraudulent activities and usually affect newbies who may not really understand what is going on, some exchanges have policies against it and usually suspend accoutns found guilty to be constantly abusing it

Ok, let's say I'm a trust manager that owns a couple million USD. I go to an exchange and wait for a signs of bear pressure weakening and buy to create a signal for the other buyers. Then As they join in and pump the price a bit, even by $100 over my entry point, I dump everything. How is that a fraud? It's not a crime. Manipulation has always been there and you would do the same thing if you had an opportunity. I know that If I had 1 million BTC to play with I'd pump and dump the shit out of all those twitchy panic sellers.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
Pump and dump is a big threat to cryptocurrency and this discourages many people from investing. Consequently, there were rumours that some exchanges such as Binance have means of preventing this. However, recent revelations show that such activities are happening even in the top exchanges. Do you think exchanges can do anything about this menace?

pump is common word in crypto language. Exchanges hates pump and dumping of a coin as it force lot of users to sell coins and result loss of money of users accounts. exchanges cannot control this in case of pumping , a Big whale will come and buy all coins in order list and price will be up and then after some time or days price will dropped back to normal stage.

crypto market is always on risk basis , people invest that amount if he.she can effort everyone know this rules.

In case of pumping always Exchange owner + the person who did this + the group members who got tip regarding this pump will always in profit rest all will loss in case of dumping.

One of the challenges I think exchanges have as regard curbing it is that you may not be able to tell for sure who bought honestly or those who are pushing it,unless it a repeated occurence several times
Activity: 112
Pumps and dumps are fraudulent activities and usually affect newbies who may not really understand what is going on, some exchanges have policies against it and usually suspend accoutns found guilty to be constantly abusing it
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
what do you want to exchange to do about pump and dump. you said some exchange are taking step but you do not tell us what are the steps. do you want to talk about delisting of coin. maybe you forget one of the way exchange make money is through the transaction fee being charge which means no matter how coin are being pump and dump they are still making their money. I do not think its going to be easy to control pump and dump because exchanges do not know which coin is going to be pump and dump.
Activity: 644
Merit: 263

Thats very much misleading info you have gotten here. Exchangers can not do anything about the pumps and dumps and they play only a role of platform where all these things are happening. There is practically no way to get clue that when the particular coin will get pumped because everyone has right to invest any amount of money they want at anytime and thus it helps pumper to do it at specific time with group activity. I have not even heard of any rumour about the Binance and its step forward to take down the pumpers like that. This market is manipulative and no one can do anything about it in true sense.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

pump is common word in crypto language. Exchanges hates pump and dumping of a coin as it force lot of users to sell coins and result loss of money of users accounts. exchanges cannot control this in case of pumping , a Big whale will come and buy all coins in order list and price will be up and then after some time or days price will dropped back to normal stage.

crypto market is always on risk basis , people invest that amount if he.she can effort everyone know this rules.

In case of pumping always Exchange owner + the person who did this + the group members who got tip regarding this pump will always in profit rest all will loss in case of dumping.

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game

Pump and dump is a big threat to cryptocurrency and this discourages many people from investing.

Pumps and dumps is already present in crypto for a long time now and people must be used to it. If it discourages people then they don't understand how putting money on crypto works.

However, recent revelations show that such activities are happening even in the top exchanges. Do you think exchanges can do anything about this menace?

Disregarding manipulation of an exchange itself, as long as there are lots of whales, weak hands, lots of random speculations created by anyone whether positive or negatve, hype, FUD's, FOMO etc., pumps and dumps can't be prevented.That's how volatile crypto is. People must understand that they will face these type of risks once they enter crypto world.
Activity: 938
Pages:
Jump to: