Pages:
Author

Topic: what should i do right now? - page 2. (Read 1622 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
January 26, 2015, 01:54:52 PM
I don't use BTC-E, but most exchanges work like this:

1. Set up a wallet like CORE on your computer. It will take days to sync and will take up huge space on your computer. Make sure your computer is secure, wallets are computer files and are only as safe as your computer. DONE

2. Set up an account at an exchange in your country. Use real information. Because you are mixing dollars with BTC, when something goes wrong you will have less recourse if you are deceptive. DONE

3. Fund the account. You could link it to your bank account or use a money order, it depends on the options at your exchange. It takes days to weeks to move dollars, so there will be a wait. Once the funds are credited to your exchange account you can start buying. You can set a price you will pay, or pay the asking price. WAITING

4. Withdraw BTC to your wallet after buying. Your funds are secure once you have moved them to your wallet on your computer. Online wallets and exchanges come with a small chance that the owners will abscond with your BTC. It may be worth the risk for small amounts since wallet apps are so useful for cell phones. But for any substantial amount I would advise you to store that wallet offline.  WAITING

thats what i am unable to do. it says pay me from "perfectmoney, OKPAY"etc. why such a big exchange dont use direct bank accounts. i cant use another exchange because i am gonna make business with PPC.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
January 26, 2015, 12:28:03 PM
I don't use BTC-E, but most exchanges work like this:

1. Set up a wallet like CORE on your computer. It will take days to sync and will take up huge space on your computer. Make sure your computer is secure, wallets are computer files and are only as safe as your computer. DONE

2. Set up an account at an exchange in your country. Use real information. Because you are mixing dollars with BTC, when something goes wrong you will have less recourse if you are deceptive. DONE

3. Fund the account. You could link it to your bank account or use a money order, it depends on the options at your exchange. It takes days to weeks to move dollars, so there will be a wait. Once the funds are credited to your exchange account you can start buying. You can set a price you will pay, or pay the asking price. WAITING

4. Withdraw BTC to your wallet after buying. Your funds are secure once you have moved them to your wallet on your computer. Online wallets and exchanges come with a small chance that the owners will abscond with your BTC. It may be worth the risk for small amounts since wallet apps are so useful for cell phones. But for any substantial amount I would advise you to store that wallet offline.  WAITING

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
January 26, 2015, 12:12:20 PM
i am a newbie.

1) i downloaded Bitcoin core as my wallet
2) i set up a password on it
3) i created a BTC-e account.

so what should i do right now. my money(real money) is in my bank. how i am gonna use this money to get bitcoin from btc-e?
secondly i didnt get why i downloaded a bitcoin wallet?

You may want to look into localbitcoins.com as it may be easier than using exchange.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
My goal is becaming a billionaire.
January 26, 2015, 12:00:04 PM
I do not know anything about BTC-e but I know that you can buy Bitcoin using Bank account from Coinbase.com
Basically once you buy the BTC they are added to your wallet on Coinbase , then simply send that BTC to your Bitcoin Core wallet =>
Go to "File => Receiving Adresses" then copy the first one .

~ Madness
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
January 26, 2015, 11:47:28 AM
i am a newbie.

1) i downloaded Bitcoin core as my wallet
2) i set up a password on it
3) i created a BTC-e account.

so what should i do right now. my money(real money) is in my bank. how i am gonna use this money to get bitcoin from btc-e?
secondly i didnt get why i downloaded a bitcoin wallet?
Pages:
Jump to: