Pages:
Author

Topic: What should you prefer for buying Bitcoin or Bitcoin cash ? - page 2. (Read 194 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
I prefer Litecoin, to be honest.. because it is the perfect in between for both sides of the BTC vs BCH debate.

LTC can scale better than BTC (and in fact also BCH) because LTC blocks are generated every 2.5 minutes (4 times as fast than each of BTC and BCH). This means LTC has an effective block capacity of 4 mb v.s. BTC's 1mb and BCH's 2 mb. Therefore, if you buy into BCH's argument that we should scale with blocksize, LTC already does this better.

LTC has the segwit upgrade, but BCH does not. Therefore, if it turns out BTC develops a way to scale better than BCH (i.e. lightning network), this can also be applied to LTC, and LTC won't be left behind.

I don't understand people who put their money in either BTC or BCH. One is bound to lose. I put my money in LTC because regardless of how things develop between BTC and BCH, LTC stands to win.
Activity: 462
Merit: 336
I had a co-worker try to get me all excited about Bitcoin Cash when it was at it's all time high. He told me it was going to pass bitcoin, but I have this suspicion that no fork is going to surpass bitcoin. It has proven too resilient, there just is not enough backing for any particular fork or its development. The development for bitcoin is even a little starved for the amount of money being pumped into the coin, so it would be near impossible in the current state of affairs for something like Bitcoin Cash to be a better long-term option. Bitcoin is paving the way for cryptocurrency worldwide and will reflect that.
Activity: 179
Merit: 106
Unfortunately nobody can predict the future and I'm not givving market advice.

My impression is that the market is bullish in the long term.
Coinbase and GDAX will allow BCH trading/buying soon again which opens it up to millions of users.
In addition we know that BitPay will enable Bitcoin Cash early 2018.

There is a risk that some GDAX and Coinbase users who have now received their BCH will dump it but if so I don't think that that downwards pressure can persist long.

tl;dr The best time to invest in BCH was in October/November.
The second best time is now.
Activity: 336
Merit: 2
MMM EXTRA - The right steps toward your goal
Some people buy bitcoin cash and some buy bitcoin.
I prefer to buy bitcoin cash, what you prefer to buy?
Pages:
Jump to: