Pages:
Author

Topic: What stops Bitcoin from being hacked? - page 2. (Read 216 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
June 13, 2021, 05:16:51 PM
Why can't Bitcoin core be manipulated to accept bad blocks?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
June 13, 2021, 05:09:43 PM
Hey, I am trying to determine how safe the Bitcoin network is. Is it possible for a person/government to spread a virus targeting all Bitcoin nodes, then be able to manipulate  the network?

Why not? Couldn’t it be spread over years?

Nothing like malware that can affect bitcoin network, only what can affect it is 51% attack in which hackers mining hashes will have to be more in a way that is greater than that of the total mining hashes, and this is not possible with the great bitcoin mining hashes. Nothing like malware or virus to talk about while talking about Bitcoin network. What malware can affect are the individual wallets owned by individual.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 702
June 13, 2021, 05:09:27 PM
Impossible to attack all the bitcoin there is in the world with a computer virus, and I don't think any country would want the shame of if they get caught.
I think your bitcoin getting hacked can be by
+ Close/intimate person or buddies
+ Social media platform crazy excitement
+ Greedy, insensitive, ignorance
And take into consideration how to safely live with your bitcoin, bitcoin wallet, crypto-currency exchange can get hacked, scammed.
June 13, 2021, 05:07:58 PM
Why not? Couldn’t it be spread over years?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
Cashback 15%
June 13, 2021, 05:00:58 PM
No.
June 13, 2021, 04:54:48 PM
Hey, I am trying to determine how safe the Bitcoin network is. Is it possible for a person/government to spread a virus targeting all Bitcoin nodes, then be able to manipulate  the network?

Although this would be difficult, couldn’t a government pull this off?
Pages:
Jump to: