Pages:
Author

Topic: What to do with Bitcoin extortion emails? - page 2. (Read 1004 times)

Activity: 256
Merit: 250
CSGOBetGuide.com - Esports Gambling List
November 22, 2015, 10:21:18 PM
Just ignore it and report it as spam. However, you should look into securing your Patreon data since there was actually a Patreon data breach at the end of september.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
November 22, 2015, 10:15:05 PM

The claims are not plausible, but this is the threat I received.  This is in the US.  Besides reporting to the FBI email fraud mailbox (FWIW), what should be done with this kind of thing?  I looked on blockchain.info, and no one seems to have sent any bitcoin (just 3 small transactions - apparently to test his/her wallet).   Assuming the scammer initiated the 3 transactions, do they provide any clues?

Unfortunately your data was leaked in the recent hacking of the Patreon web site and I now have your information. I have your tax id, tax forms, SSN, DOB, Name, Address, Credit card details and more sensitive data. Now, I can go ahead and leak your details online which would damage your credit score like hell and would create a lot of problems for you.

If you would like to prevent me from doing this then you need to send 1 bitcoin to the following BTC address.

Bitcoin Address:

1QAQTyhCzAfvp8uLpneBNamWTNRR1hx9Cp

You can buy bitcoins using online exchanges easily. The bitcoin address is unique to you. Sending bitcoin takes take, so you better get started right now, you have 48 hours in total.
Pages:
Jump to: