Pages:
Author

Topic: What to do with nonsignificant altcoins - page 2. (Read 938 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
January 29, 2021, 04:06:53 PM
USD is better most people now trade crypto with stablecoin like usdt the reason is because of volatility so if you make 10usd profit it will remain 10usd compare to other trading pairs however unless otherwise, you will need to trade for other coin particularly now that withdrawal fee is high unless you can pay the fee. Apart usdt if you consider trading with other altcoin, it would be great to consider ETH and btc pair because I think ETH too is very strong so you can be sure that there will be little difference
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 26, 2021, 02:51:04 AM
Why are you calling coins like XLM and Monero nonsignificant? Just because the value of those coins are lower that that of bitcoin? I don't think this is how you are supposed to judge a coin. There are shit/scam coins out there that has has more value than Ethereum. Does that mean ethereum is "nonsignificant"?'
Why  they  do have this kind of mindset on where treating those top good altcoins in the market as  a non significant one? specially Monero. If we do base up on how big the cap is
then we can say that it does have significant demand.

If he do really just aim for bitcoin then convert those altcoins that he had then stick with btc. All other coins that below btc would be significant and lets just respect on how he do sees on it.

But we know that you can really make out some money if you do diversify with good altcoins.
not all coins below btc are significant , im talking to coins that are outside the elite circle .

xlm is inside the elite circle but monero ? i heard monero is going on an issue like what happens to xrp and monero can possibly get kicked out . lets calm up guys because maybe op is new on crypto and does not know to properly categorized a good coin from a crap coin but he can always learn and improve himself .

thats for him to not get  harsh comments and to make him avoid scams
some coins may turn out to be valueless
January 26, 2021, 02:35:44 AM
I prefer to swap with USDT, because it is too risky to go to BTC. Because as we know the price of BTC is very fluctuating, I'm afraid that your profit will be lost when swapped to BTC and at the same time the price is dumped. Unless you have nicer options in your trading and are planed on trading, I think it could be considered a swap to BTC.
BTC can be risky, rich people is suitable for storing btc.
January 26, 2021, 02:21:16 AM
leave it alone, maybe someday it will surge Wink
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
January 26, 2021, 01:36:00 AM
True, wise decisions should always be well considered, because if you cannot buy at a low price, then securing assets that are already into fiat is a very good option while waiting for the next price drop to occur.
This is something that hardcore crypto enthusiasts need to understand. Fiat markets are out there and the wise trader does not become stubborn. They are diligent and they know that one market going down means another market might be going up. The point is not to let anxiety and depression take the better of you. Move over to other markets and by that I mean fiat traditional markets when bitcoin might be going down. Asset risk management is done in this manner, does not mean you are not supporting crypto, rather you are being intelligent enough to secure your own assets. In trading you need to be selfish like that.

for now it seems like it's too late instead of trade it for btc, it's better to the hot altcoins. because the price of bitcoin is very high and it is difficult to get profit. but with altcoins I think it's much more profitable. there are lots of good altcoins, one of which is DOT.
Nope, this is the wrong path to take. Bitcoin price might be high - therefore it is the time to sell bitcoin and book a profit in fiat. Use that to buy bitcoin again when it comes down, because it surely will. Altcoins are going to go up for sometime and then go back down like they have always been. You cant really get a profit from them like this.
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
January 25, 2021, 06:41:18 AM
In my case I would hodl this altcoins especially XLM because I have seen a very good potential for this alts and it has a very high possibility that it can gave me double or even triple profit if I will hodl it long term.
If you have more patience in that, then it is okay to do it, especially if it can make you profitable up to three times than before, so I think that is a very extraordinary thing, because not everyone can be patient with it long term.

I think its not a bad option, if you have no strategies or knowledge about trading, hodl is the best option to gain profit. Especially if the altcoin like XLM, im sure it have a bright future soon. Just enjoy your life and dont see the portfolio for a while, set an alarm for sell if the price already meet your hopes.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
January 25, 2021, 06:34:40 AM
Swapping your major altcoins to Bitcoin at this time is like throwing your good money after the bad one. It has been projected that Bitcoin price would cross $30,000 but would fall again before the end of the first quarter of 2021. I think we're already experiencing that now.
Bitcoin price is already riding above 30k USD and I expect this to be maintained for some time. We already experienced some selling pressures but the price is holding above that level so we are good to go up if all goes well time.

Of course at this time you might be able to buy a bigger amount of an altcoin that has not gone up with bitcoin but do ask yourself the question - is it worth moving from a currency that is well established and useful in aspects, possibly going to be even bigger in future to another currency that might not be anything tomorrow? Seriously how long would you even think of holding a shitcoin just because you bought it at the wrong time?

I prefer to swap with USDT, because it is too risky to go to BTC. Because as we know the price of BTC is very fluctuating, I'm afraid that your profit will be lost when swapped to BTC and at the same time the price is dumped. Unless you have nicer options in your trading and are planed on trading, I think it could be considered a swap to BTC.
IMO that is a wrong decision unless you are looking to buy back BTC at lower price. If you are thinking of holding USDT then I would advise against it. Tether is a controversial coin, its better to hold something else than hold any Tether at all.
Activity: 789
Merit: 10
January 23, 2021, 11:46:04 AM
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
January 23, 2021, 11:44:47 AM
Why are you calling coins like XLM and Monero nonsignificant? Just because the value of those coins are lower that that of bitcoin? I don't think this is how you are supposed to judge a coin. There are shit/scam coins out there that has has more value than Ethereum. Does that mean ethereum is "nonsignificant"?'
Why  they  do have this kind of mindset on where treating those top good altcoins in the market as  a non significant one? specially Monero. If we do base up on how big the cap is

If he do really just aim for bitcoin then convert those altcoins that he had then stick with btc. All other coins that below btc would be significant and lets just respect on how he do sees on it.

But we know that you can really make out some money if you do diversify with good altcoins.
not all coins below btc are significant , im talking to coins that are outside the elite circle .

xlm is inside the elite circle but monero ? i heard monero is going on an issue like what happens to xrp and monero can possibly get kicked out . lets calm up guys because maybe op is new on crypto and does not know to properly categorized a good coin from a crap coin but he can always learn and improve himself .

thats for him to not get  harsh comments and to make him avoid scams
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
January 23, 2021, 11:26:09 AM
With BTC so high, does it make more sense to trade them for BTC, or for USD?
If you would to like to continue investing, then convert those altcoins to bitcoin. If most of your altcoins are some random tokens/coins, then don't bother holding them. Waste of time and opportunity. On other hand, I don't see any reason why you would want to convert those altcoins to fiat (unless you badly need cash money).

Activity: 560
Merit: 28
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
January 23, 2021, 11:17:43 AM
If you aren't confident with what you are holding kindly sell the tokens and coins on exchange for better popular coins and if you think you have already make enough profits just sell for FIAT and wait for price dump to buy back again but mind you Monero is a big coin, same as XLM
Activity: 784
Merit: 21
January 23, 2021, 11:09:04 AM
Monero and XLM are significantly good choices, I don't understand why you called such altcoins nonsignificant, I was expecting some list of shitcoins you know, it's better to keep holding and wait, altcoin season will give you the right ROI, I hope you have target as well? If you don't pls do
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
January 23, 2021, 10:59:05 AM
With BTC so high, does it make more sense to trade them for BTC, or for USD?
If you would to like to continue investing, then convert those altcoins to bitcoin. If most of your altcoins are some random tokens/coins, then don't bother holding them. Waste of time and opportunity. On other hand, I don't see any reason why you would want to convert those altcoins to fiat (unless you badly need cash money).
Activity: 1176
Merit: 100
Vave.com
January 23, 2021, 10:50:39 AM
as drawing with the market shows of distinctive on figure, investor might defines decision as preparing position with the table of trading while referring limit on risks and resource on request with the chance as closing of returns with the target number.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 603
January 23, 2021, 09:05:20 AM
I'm talking stuff like Monero, XLM, etc. With BTC so high, does it make more sense to trade them for BTC, or for USD?

In my opinion it’s best practice to turn them into bitcoin itself because over the time those altcoins won’t be so much profitable as compared to altcoins holding. Just imagine if you would converted altcoin dust into bitcoin just before couple of month then also you would have gotten more % return since it’s risen ratio is far better than alts.

It’s like if you getting paid in alts then it’s always best practice to convert them into bitcoin as an long term holding asset. Consider it as your safe house in the time of crisis as well as in the times when crypto is taking nice jump. 
Merit: 146
January 23, 2021, 08:10:25 AM
I'm talking stuff like Monero, XLM, etc. With BTC so high, does it make more sense to trade them for BTC, or for USD?
If you are not sure about the future of the coins like Monero and etc then you should invest them back earlier but now is a little bit late since the bullish trend seems over so investing now can cause you only the loss. What you can do is to convert the coins into any stable coins then wait for the perfect deep which makes you feel that it is the right price to buy the bitcoin.
Merit: 702
January 23, 2021, 07:44:04 AM
You spoke about non-significant and to be honest I was expecting to see names of alt-coin that I haven't heard of before but the alt-coin here are once I have heard of although I do not have a good following relationship with those coin, I won't have them in my wallet but if somehow it does I won't waste time to sell it off for Bitcoin.
Activity: 573
Merit: 30
January 23, 2021, 05:02:42 AM
Swapping your major altcoins to Bitcoin at this time is like throwing your good money after the bad one. It has been projected that Bitcoin price would cross $30,000 but would fall again before the end of the first quarter of 2021. I think we're already experiencing that now.
Activity: 674
Merit: 100
January 23, 2021, 04:34:01 AM
In my case I would hodl this altcoins especially XLM because I have seen a very good potential for this alts and it has a very high possibility that it can gave me double or even triple profit if I will hodl it long term.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 693
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
January 23, 2021, 02:44:10 AM
I would say trade them for btc since you can still benefit a lot just by holding btc, except you just want to cashout out then you can trade for whatever stablecoin that suit your needs,  but if I where you I would trade for btc and hold for long.
Pages:
Jump to: